Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

[QoL] quick fix: Please reduce autoresolve's laser-guided precision accuracy

happycompyhappycompy Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 355
edited July 2018 in Ancestral Update Support
Currently, there is absolutely no risk to using autoresolve. You know ahead of time with 100% accuracy if you will win or lose a battle, with zero margin of error, regardless of what the "Win Chance" says. ROME II is the only TW game that does this

Allowing autoresolve to actually get it wrong (i.e. adding a bit of RNG/Dice Roll) would go a long way adding a degree of risk to the autoresolve like the rest of the games have, and encourage players to fight their risky close battles rather than getting a "guaranteed win" through
ROME II's autoresolve.

Should be a very simple, rudimentary fix, no UI changes necessary. Just simply lower the prediction accuracy and allow autoresolve to get it wrong sometimes. That would make ROME II's autoresolve perfectly balanced with the other TW games, as all things should be. ;)

I'm dreaming of the patch note

- "autoresolve is no longer 100% accurate when calculating close battles."

I hope this doesn't require too much effort or time as it really does hamper enjoyment in the current build :(

Regardless, thank you! Incredible work you have done with this patch! The communication has been stellar & is very much appreciated.

HappyCompy's Rome 2 video emporium

Completed Campaigns:
ETW: Italian States, Mughal Empire

Shogun 2: Uesegi, Date, Shoni

Rome II: Rome, Venetii, Bastarnians, Pontus, Athens

Attila: Franks (minor), Vandals (cultural)
Post edited by happycompy on

Comments

• ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,217
    It's better this way than the completely broken auto resolves we get in TWWH 1 and 2.
  • happycompyhappycompy Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 355
    Itharus said:

It's better this way than the completely broken auto resolves we get in TWWH 1 and 2.

I think you may have misunderstood, I'm not asking to change _how_ the autoresolve calculates battles, only that they reduce the prediction accuracy instead of having it tell you with 100% accuracy if you will win or lose the autoresolve.

Next time you autoresolve, look at the bottom of the screen where it says "prediction accuracy." No matter what that says (low, medium, high), the autoresolve will never be wrong. The mechanic already exists, CA just needs to tweak it down.

Completed Campaigns:

• HeinzuHeinzu Registered Users Posts: 927
    This is good idea but fixing AR should be their main priority. Elephants, chariots and cavalry units always have massive casualties meanwhile infantry is untouched.
  • happycompyhappycompy Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 355
    hanesdav said:

This is good idea but fixing AR should be their main priority. Elephants, chariots and cavalry units always have massive casualties meanwhile infantry is untouched.

Very true. Did Warhammer manage to fix that issue?

Completed Campaigns: