Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Festivals, Events and Dilemmas

Octavius_5Octavius_5 Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 280
Not sure if this is a bug, intended changes or even just my own perceptions/campaign experiences, but it seems like some of the older dilemma events aren't resolving properly. I know it sometimes takes multiple turns to see the resolution but it seems like in some of my campaigns that events pop up and then never show the resolution. I don't have any save games to share unfortunately.

In addition it seems like some festivals don't trigger that used to show up. This isn't something new in the ancestral update but since power and politics came out I played a Lepidus Imperator Augustus campaign and I don't recall seeing any of the roman festivals that used to show up occurring at any time during the campaign.

I know this is a rather vague problem description, but if there is time it might be good to take a look generally at dilemma/festival/event triggering and outcomes. If anyone has any better specific examples to add please go ahead.

Comments

• CA_GrimfeldCA_Grimfeld Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Posts: 291
    We have received more reports about such an issue and are still investigating the causes. Thanks!
  • Octavius_5Octavius_5 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 280
    I did some more testing and I did get Roman festival events in both a Caesar in Gaul campaign as well as an Imperator Augustus campaign, so I must have just not been paying attention in my previous campaign. Looks like that is not a real issue.

I did run into some examples of older events not triggering in a Hannibal at the Gates campaign. One save is where a dilemma has triggered and then a resolution never came. The other save is from later on in the same campaign with another dilemma that did properly resolved the next turn. I have the saves attached if they are useful.