Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Family tree love it and hate it

BuhyrBuhyr Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 188
I find the family tree awesome and adds A lot of inmersion to the game but I get upset and frustated many Times Cause many actions require more cunning and zeal than targets and in the case of generals I know how to increase them but with regard to politicians I have No idea and I can barely do anyrhung but sending emissaries or ambassadors to improve diplomacy or public order

Comments

• BuhyrBuhyr Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 188
    I find the family tree awesome and adds A lot of inmersion to the game but I get upset and frustated many Times Cause many actions require more cunning and zeal than targets and in the case of generals I know how to increase them but with regard to politicians I have No idea and I can barely do anyrhung but sending emissaries or ambassadors to improve diplomacy or public order
  • kevManiackevManiac Registered Users Posts: 783
    Wrong subforum?
  • HondlisHondlis Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 936
    Yes i understand. Even more if they don't even exist.
  • JeanLucPicardJeanLucPicard Registered Users Posts: 19
    Yeah, the only way to level up a politician is to make them a general, gain experience and then send them behind the desk. It's really impractical. Stats can be manipulated to an extent with favors and such but it's not enough.

It really feels like politicians should get exp from missions and be allowed to govern provinces.
  • BoicoteBoicote Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 823
    edited August 2018
    There is at least one intrigue to increase or decrease authority, cunning and zeal:

- increase authority - do a favour
    - decrease authority - spread rumours

- increase cunning - leisure time
    - decrease cunning - provoke

- increase zeal- Praise a character
    - decrease zeal- insult a character.

With this in mind, all you have to do is to use the right intrigue options in the right characters. If some action requires more cunning than zeal, you need to increase cunning of the source (leisure time) and/or decrease the zeal of the target (insult him).

However, I think these 6 options should be put together in the same row, so players can find them more easily. Right now, they are spread and you have to mouse over every option until you find the right one.
    Post edited by Boicote on
    Thanks a lot for your explanation, I agree they should be set by similarity or some , and in the case of gaining skills being governors or some like Attila instead o of having to become generals as the only way to do it
  • JeanLucPicardJeanLucPicard Registered Users Posts: 19
    The problem with Leisure Time is it requires 6 zeal *and* authority whereas Praise cannot be used if a character is commanding an army. The amount of people shuffling you'd need to do to make these actions work is very annoying.

Favors are the only one of these actions that you can do with a general.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,473
    Political leveling up and military leveling up need different skills to pick... but then they'd basically have to have two experience pools and track things separately. That way a politician could get stats and bonuses to political skills while still being a **** general (aside from the good stats). Right now though I think a LOT of military bonuses are tied to the actual stats instead of the skills.... so they'd have to totally redo that.
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Registered Users Posts: 4,192
    I'm loving the new family tree and the intrigue options, but I will admit, the intrigue options are often very finicky.

In one of my campaigns I wanted to appoint my King's nephew as heir, because my King was in his 70's and had no heir, and I didn't want some long lost brother turning up and taking charge. But because the nephew's Zeal was more than 2 points below the King's Zeal, I had to jump though hoops trying to do it. I was trying to use one character to insult another to reduce his authority, then use that guy to praise someone else to raise their gravitas so that that chick had enough to spread rumors about this guy and do something else to that guy so he could do something to someone and so on and so forth.

It's a really odd system. Cool, but odd and a bit finicky.
    Politics are really hard and difficult I spent almost 15 minutes to realise I can’t do anything cause I always lack cunning or zeal or gravitas or authority or my potitocian its a general or stufffffff
    Sorry me , what’s the sense of spouse what does it do??targeting spouses?
    buhyr said:

Politics are really hard and difficult I spent almost 15 minutes to realise I can’t do anything cause I always lack cunning or zeal or gravitas or authority or my potitocian its a general or stufffffff

By the time you level up a general enough to have sufficient stat points... he's dead of old age before he can do anything with them.

There's a beta 4tpy mod on steam workshop that can somewhat alleviate this, but you have to do a LOT of reassigning characters as generals and do everything you can to catch the AI (who has perfect movement sense) in field battles... which is actually LESS of a problem for Barbarians because they can sack.
  • epic_159733062650ipC6PXfepic_159733062650ipC6PXf Member Registered Users Posts: 348
    @Boicote dude!

- increase cunning - go on vaccations

So useful thanks !

• HugothesterHugothester Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 566
    edited August 2018

@Boicote dude!

- increase cunning - go on vaccations

So useful thanks !

Thanks a lot indeed!

Intrigues are absolute madness, but the family tree... OMG I LOVE IT! I am playing a campaign with Egypt and I am creating my own lore, the experience is quite immersive.

EDIT: The 4TPY mod does not work with an existing save, so if, as me, you already begun your campaign and want to change the turns per year to 4, here are the instructions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/100200/how-to-change-the-number-of-turns-per-year-in-rome-ii-total-war
    Biggest Spanish total war youtube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/user/hugothester
    Anyway I hope for god, they be mercy and modify it for us to use it properly and ease us enjoy it, anyway I suggest you to use DEI for your campaign it really adds life to the game !
  • epic_159733062650ipC6PXfepic_159733062650ipC6PXf Member Registered Users Posts: 348
    buhyr said:

Anyway I hope for god, they be mercy and modify it for us to use it properly and ease us enjoy it, anyway I suggest you to use DEI for your campaign it really adds life to the game !

Life, immersion, replayability, better CAI/BAI to name a few :)

Leisure time only really works when your general/politician is already high level and pumped his authority and zeal.
    What does it mean cai and bai?
    And what's the function of spouse?
  • RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,354
    buhyr said:

What does it mean cai and bai?
    And what's the function of spouse?

CAI= Campaign Artificial Intelligence
    BAI= Battle Artificial Intelligence

Marrying someone from another faction can greatly improve relations between the two factions and the spouse has abilities of her own that can be used to keep your party in power.
    Team Mercia

Team Picts

Team WRE
    There is anybody that can help with politics
    I’ve seen several tutorials but it lack much info