Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Darren speaks about Warhammer.

TheGreatPamphletTheGreatPamphlet Posts: 147Registered Users

Great video as usual. Darren comments on Warhammer, shares his thoughts about the "legend" controversy and analyzes the pros and cons of reddit.
Nestor.

Allah, Suriya, Bashar w Bas!

Comments

• ElectorOfWurttembergElectorOfWurttemberg Posts: 1,912Registered Users
    What's the legend controversy?
    Faith, Steel and Gunpowder Bows
  • imnrkimnrk Posts: 189Registered Users
    Who is this guy, and why should I care?
  • misunderstoodvampiremisunderstoodvampire Posts: 658Registered Users
    imnrk said:

Who is this guy, and why should I care?

Former CA Employee and knows the inside of the business
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Posts: 7,415Registered Users
    Time stamps about the warhsmmer things? Dont care about the rest
    Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.
  • KelefaneKelefane Posts: 1,110Registered Users
    Does he say when we might be getting more LL's or units? Or what LL's might be coming with the Rat-Lord pack?
  • RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Posts: 730Registered Users
    Kelefane said:

Does he say when we might be getting more LL's or units? Or what LL's might be coming with the Rat-Lord pack?

I doubt he would know that information and even if he did I'm pretty sure he would be under a NDA.
  • GettoGeckoGettoGecko Posts: 764Registered Users

The video has time stamps but imo even them aren't worth watching because you don't get infos just opinions.

The video has time stamps but imo even them aren't worth watching because you don't get infos just opinions.
    Lol noob mistake!

Thanks for pointing it out. Gonna hear.him out on warhammer.
    Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.
    Lol was 1 minute of warhammer...
  • Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Posts: 2,941Registered Users
    where is the video of him ranting about warhammer though?
  • Michael4537Michael4537 Posts: 2,071Registered Users

In a nutshell, CA stopped telling Legend about and inviting Legend to TW events and early access. Legend wanted to know why, and then communication completely broke down between him and CA. He got really **** and vocal right around the Thrones of Britannia release, resulting in a lot of angry viewers. Legend threatened to stop making TW content entirely, but the issue was (kinda) resolved. He still isn't going to events or covering early access though (as far as I am aware), but he is still making TW videos.

Legend and CA basically aren't on the best of terms right now.
  • ColonelDFColonelDF Posts: 24Registered Users
    Darren is a **** sociopath. Horrible person. Stop worshipping because nobody likes him. Barely gets any views besides he's Total War content. He's a parasite.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,323Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Moved to Chat, with the others.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • NeverBackDownNeverBackDown Senior Member Posts: 1,804Registered Users

In a nutshell, CA stopped telling Legend about and inviting Legend to TW events and early access. Legend wanted to know why, and then communication completely broke down between him and CA. He got really **** and vocal right around the Thrones of Britannia release, resulting in a lot of angry viewers. Legend threatened to stop making TW content entirely, but the issue was (kinda) resolved. He still isn't going to events or covering early access though (as far as I am aware), but he is still making TW videos.

Legend is a whiney girl. So who cares? All he does is complain and when I used to watch him during Warhammer 1 all he did was cheese is way to victory.

Legend is a whiney girl. So who cares? All he does is complain and when I used to watch him during Warhammer 1 all he did was cheese is way to victory.
    Just answering a question.
  • NeverBackDownNeverBackDown Senior Member Posts: 1,804Registered Users

Just answering a question.
    Your point?
    Considering half the reason for the thread to start was in fact about Legend, makes the thread useless and not relevant and really wasn't needed to be posted about Legend.
  • WarlockeWarlocke Senior Member Posts: 2,589Registered Users
    His point was that he was answering another poster's question.
    ò_ó
  • for_bretonniafor_bretonnia Posts: 1,616Registered Users
    What exactly were his issues with working at CA insofar as the way the company is run and the products they release?

My guess is that, the world being the way it is, creative assembly probably does put buisness in the forefront of their consciousness from time to time.

But at the same time, who cares as long as the product is good lol. Tw wh 2 was great, Tomb kings was great. Qand C was meh, but worth a couple bucks or whatever it costs. Thrones of brittania didn’t look well received and I have no interest in it, but prospects for this warhammer franchise look good to me.

Three kingdoms is something I think could potentially be good as well, what with their talk of “cultural” realism and matrix like 1v100 gameplay. That’s something i really like about this warhammer series, is it has improved on the clunky general/bodyguard mechanics of earlier games.

This question. He asked an honest question, and I gave an answer as best I could.
  • TheGreatPamphletTheGreatPamphlet Posts: 147Registered Users
    Legend controversy:

Dogbert CA gave legend the green light to publish a review about Throb, without actually watching it. The review turned out to be quite negative, so Dogbert was reprimanded and put all the blame on Legend, which resulted into CA not giving him early access to its products. Legend published the communication with Dogbert and the controversy was born.
    ColonelDF said:

Darren is a **** sociopath. Horrible person. Stop worshipping because nobody likes him. Barely gets any views besides he's Total War content. He's a parasite.

Are we allowed to insult members of the forum so rudely?
    Nestor.

Allah, Suriya, Bashar w Bas!
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,323Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Going to close this. Discussion is moving into areas outside those permitted by the Forum Terms & Conditions.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
This discussion has been closed.