Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

CTD, Pergamon campaign, Ancestral beta (mdmp file included)

AlwynTWAlwynTW Registered Users Posts: 9
edited August 2018 in Ancestral Update Support
When I load the attached save, playing Pergamon in the Grand Campaign, the game crashes to desktop during the next end turn, during the turn of Athens. A new rival party recently emerged and there is a risk of civil war. On the campaign map, when I turn on the party ownership filter, the new rival party has no regions. Could that be causing the CTD - a secession by a party which has no regions?

I'm using Windows 10 and the Ancestral beta update (I initially had some issues when Windows 10 was installed but resolved them by verifying file integrity, deleting the C:/Users/AppData/Roaming/The Creative Assembly/Rome2 folder and starting the game. After that, game ran smoothly without problems).

I verified the integrity of the local files after this crash happened, no issues were detected. I have never added any mod to this installation of Rome II.

The crash report, save file and preferences file are attached.

Post edited by AlwynTW on

Comments

• ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,336
    Well damn. That's a good report right there. Bravo.

I actually just came here to troll a little cuz I'm having one of those mornings and you mentioned a faction with a eunuch king; but that's actually a well constructed support post and I find the desire has deflated like Pergamon's King's you know what.

Good on you.
  • ca_dionissievca_dionissiev Registered Users, CA Staff Posts: 178
    Hi @AlwynTW

Thanks for the full report and attached files.
    Having a secession from an regionless party should be possible and not result in a crash normally (we had some issues there and they were addressed at an earlier stage).
    Still there are some other crashes present in the build you have that can be causing the issue on your campaign. One was related to enemy agents using the "bribe" action, another was related to some issues with garrisons. We have addressed these as well, so please stay tuned for the release build :)
    Unfortunately depending on the type of CTD i can't promise you that the fixes will retroactively resolve the campaign you are playing...

Hope that this helps!
    Cheers,
    Ivan Dionisiev
    CA Sofia QA Team

FORMAL DISCLAIMER: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • AlwynTWAlwynTW Registered Users Posts: 9
    edited August 2018
    Thanks, Itharus.

Hi, CA_dionisiev, thank you! It's great to hear that you have fixed those issues. I'm really looking forward to trying the release build (and understand that this won't necessarily fix my current campaign) :)