Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

New DLC for Rome 2

RazeAndBurnRazeAndBurn Posts: 82Registered Users
And no lord packs until 2019 for Warhammer 2...

But here's the cavit: Does the old conent draught rumor means we won't recieve anything at all until 2019? I can understand that Lord Pack is something insignificant to let's say a Race Pack or even an overhaul of W1TW races.

Comments

  • blaatblaat Junior Member Posts: 3,045Registered Users
    no we get a campaign pack a la tomb kings before that

    snip

    It's much easier and more fun to get engrossed in lore that takes itself seriously and tries to make sense within its own frame of reference.

    the reason I prefer LOTR over warhammer fantasy and 40k

    I am dutch so if you like to have a talk in dutch shoot me a PM :)
  • AxonumAxonum Posts: 135Registered Users
    Campaign pack for TWW:2 coming in 2018, probably in 2 to 3 months from now. Lord pack coming 2019.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 4,039Registered Users
    The issue is Rome 2 is still popular so they will release content for it.

    Despite this I'm still disappointed due to the fact I'm a converted historical fan that now prefers Warhammer!
  • MrJadeMrJade Senior Member Lansing, MIPosts: 7,162Registered Users
    edited August 2018
    Axonum said:

    Campaign pack for TWW:2 coming in 2018, probably in 2 to 3 months from now.



    It'll be December for sure.
    Thrones of Britannia: 69/100
    Warhammer II: 73/100
    Warhammer: 79/100
    Attila: 70/100 [Age of Charlemagne: 72/100]
    Rome II: 49/100
    Shogun II: 93/100 [Fall of the Samurai: 95/100]
    Napoleon: 58/100
    Empire: 53/100
    Medieval II: 90/100 [Kingdoms: 90/100]
    Rome I: 88/100
    Medieval I: 92/100
    Shogun I: 84/100
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Posts: 2,192Registered Users
    MrJade said:

    Axonum said:

    Campaign pack for TWW:2 coming in 2018, probably in 2 to 3 months from now.



    It'll be December for sure.
    Always expect the last possible day in regards to CA. It will probably be right before they break for the holidays. That way they can ignore any game breaking bugs even harder than normal.
  • Uh_OhUh_Oh Posts: 397Registered Users
    It's August - why do they need so long to release this stuff?

    Has it been mentioned somewhere already, as I don't go looking for info about games (bad habit i'm afraid).

    Or is it still the Norsca excuse?

    Also I agree on Thrones, I am quite annoyed that I even caved in and bought it. Utter waste of money and time
  • corvocorvo Junior Member SpainPosts: 2,929Registered Users
    edited August 2018
    Uh_Oh said:

    It's August - why do they need so long to release this stuff?

    Has it been mentioned somewhere already, as I don't go looking for info about games (bad habit i'm afraid).

    Or is it still the Norsca excuse?

    Also I agree on Thrones, I am quite annoyed that I even caved in and bought it. Utter waste of money and time

    you dind't see the "official thread" in the first page?.
    Why the extra wait for new DLC?
    Team Skavens

    image

    "Brother Skavens! Consider this... Until the coming of Vermek Skab, the Council of Thirteen placed me in command of this army"
    - Grey Seer Thanquol, ruthlessly taking command of the Nuln Invasion force
  • AwesomeLionAwesomeLion Member Posts: 1,102Registered Users
    If you dislike the lack of Warhammer content and are getting annoyed by the historical content addition, then just don't buy any of the historical stuff and encourage others not to do the same. Other then that - all you can do is wait like the rest of us.
    Total War: Warhammer <3
  • corvocorvo Junior Member SpainPosts: 2,929Registered Users
    edited August 2018
    MrJade said:

    Axonum said:

    Campaign pack for TWW:2 coming in 2018, probably in 2 to 3 months from now.

    It'll be December for sure.
    i bet you anything, for it will not in december.
    Team Skavens

    image

    "Brother Skavens! Consider this... Until the coming of Vermek Skab, the Council of Thirteen placed me in command of this army"
    - Grey Seer Thanquol, ruthlessly taking command of the Nuln Invasion force
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Posts: 5,330Registered Users
    corvo said:

    MrJade said:

    Axonum said:

    Campaign pack for TWW:2 coming in 2018, probably in 2 to 3 months from now.

    It'll be December for sure.
    i bet you anything, for it will not in december.
    Fine Delayed to January. :D
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

  • SagrandaSagranda Posts: 1,591Registered Users
    edited August 2018

    corvo said:

    MrJade said:

    Axonum said:

    Campaign pack for TWW:2 coming in 2018, probably in 2 to 3 months from now.

    It'll be December for sure.
    i bet you anything, for it will not in december.
    Fine Delayed to January. :D
    Delayed to May because someone on a steam review said that DLCs are coming too fast.
    "Many players cannot help approaching a game as an optimization puzzle. What gives the most reward for the least risk? What strategy provides the highest chance – or even a guaranteed chance – of success? Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

    - Soren Johnson
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 13,039Registered Users, Moderators
    I'mma make a point.

    Rome 2 is getting more content because a separate studio, CA Sofia, are working on it. Seems to be the main thing that CA Sofia are focusing on too. Now I know some folks think that CA doesn't have separate teams for their games, or that they move devs around from one to the other (which is probably true to some extent), but CA Sofia is definitely its own thing; Sofia is a studio apart.

    So of all the games CA has, Warhammer 2 has gotten the most DLC and Updates this year, even if you include from when CA Sofia released the Empire Divided Campaign pack for Rome 2 (November 2017 I believe). Lets make it from this time last year to the end of this year.

    So Rome 2 has had: Empire Divided (campaign pack), Empire of Sand (faction pack), and the upcoming Rise of the Republic (campaign pack). It may have also gotten another free update since CA Sofia took over, probably something to do with politics.

    Warhammer 2 has: Tomb Kings (Campaign Pack), Queen and the Crone (Lord Pack), and this upcoming who knows what (Campaign Pack... and yes, it is coming after the other one, but same year theoretically). On top of this Warhammer 2 has had that Mortal Empires campaign added (though this was in September I think, so a bit before Empire Divided), the work done for Norsca to be reimplemented, and a handful of FLC including the addition of two FLC Lords.

    Now, yes, Rome 2 is an old game for this comparison, but it is the historical title that has been receiving the most DLC focus recently. It will probably remain that way until Three Kingdoms actually releases. If you want to talk about waiting a long time for DLC, well, Thrones of Britannia still doesn't have a blood pack. A blood pack. It has been months. Oh yes, they got a big patch, but no DLC.

    So Warhammer 2 has more DLC AND updates than any of CA's other games recently, with the next most updated game being Rome 2, which has an entire separate studio working on it! So yes, while the DLC and update pace for TWW2 is slower than the pace for TWW1, that doesn't mean CA are ignoring its current flagship title. Yes, the work on Three Kingdoms may have necessitated a shifting of resources (possibly including Devs), but we can't say that they're ignoring Warhammer 2. People need to be patient and accept that their whole focus can't be just on your favourite thing 100% of the time.

    Remember how historical fans moaned about them making Warhammer at all? Remember how angry some were about Warhammer 2? Don't be like those people, it is unbecoming.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 6,838Registered Users
    Rome 2 was a good game that had its support dropped way too soon.

    I'm glad they are revisiting it and bringing it up to snuff! I hope when the Sofia crew has finished sharpening that particular blade and polishing off all the rust that they get to work on Attila and do the same for it!
  • RazeAndBurnRazeAndBurn Posts: 82Registered Users
    Canuovea said:

    I'mma make a point.

    I don't believe in separate studios as I don't believe in "Norsca" hiatus. When you think about it - all the puzzle pieces fall into a single picture:

    1. W2TW releases and recieves Mortal Empires in due time - all according to plan.
    2. Tomb Kings come out in due time and have a high quality trailer to kick off the hype.
    3. ToB is announced. A couple months later it's delayed - Norsca hiatus begins.
    4. Two(3?) weeks later QnC is announced with a cheap low production quality trailer.
    5. Lot's of fake hype around "Monstrous secret" which turns out to be a reskinned Hydra.
    6. Dwarf update, QnC and Alith Anar all land around the same time but are treated as seprate content packs to fill in the checkboxes.
    7. 3KTW is delayed to 2019 - no lord packs until 2019 announcement happen around the same time.

    This to me looks like someone tried to bite more than they can chew and stretched the resources so thin that they can't even handle supporting even a single title.

    CA Sofia is not a "separate" studio, not entirely at least: to create a new division you need money(a resource) and people. Yes you can hirely new people and outsource some of the work, but the key leading positions must be filled by experienced veterans - people that could've been supporting W2TW. This is further worsened by the whole ToBvsNorsca situation which is nothing but emergency staff pumping from project to project.

    The saddest part is that Warhammer IS the title that is supposed to recieve the most support and content because Warhammer as a table top game is 1/3 about being "the Collectible". This is the same argument I had posted years ago when the original WTW was announced and all the histerical fans swarmed YT and reddit. Warhammer Total War IS the title that taught CA how to make DLC's properly: just look at what R2TW and Attila had prior WTW and what WTW recieved.

    Now it's so sad to see that W2TW is not getting the same treatment, although in all honesty it was supposed to be bigger and 'adder at that!
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 13,039Registered Users, Moderators
    edited August 2018
    You don't believe that there is a separate studio. In a separate country. No idea how to properly respond to that.

    CA Sofia was an actual separate studio before CA acquired it too, who had made actual games. They were called Black Sea Studios Ltd and made two games: Knights of Honor and WorldShift. You can find actual gameplay on Youtube.

    You'll also note that what I have pointed out doesn't require them to have not bitten off more than they can chew. I mean, they can have separate teams and have still run into that same issue. Not that I'm particularly convinced by that theory.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 6,838Registered Users
    CA Sofia isn't a separate team, it's a whole separate studio.

    That's a significant difference.
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Posts: 3,827Registered Users

    Canuovea said:

    I'mma make a point.

    I don't believe in separate studios as I don't believe in "Norsca" hiatus. When you think about it - all the puzzle pieces fall into a single picture:

    1. W2TW releases and recieves Mortal Empires in due time - all according to plan.
    2. Tomb Kings come out in due time and have a high quality trailer to kick off the hype.
    3. ToB is announced. A couple months later it's delayed - Norsca hiatus begins.
    4. Two(3?) weeks later QnC is announced with a cheap low production quality trailer.
    5. Lot's of fake hype around "Monstrous secret" which turns out to be a reskinned Hydra.
    6. Dwarf update, QnC and Alith Anar all land around the same time but are treated as seprate content packs to fill in the checkboxes.
    7. 3KTW is delayed to 2019 - no lord packs until 2019 announcement happen around the same time.

    This to me looks like someone tried to bite more than they can chew and stretched the resources so thin that they can't even handle supporting even a single title.

    CA Sofia is not a "separate" studio, not entirely at least: to create a new division you need money(a resource) and people. Yes you can hirely new people and outsource some of the work, but the key leading positions must be filled by experienced veterans - people that could've been supporting W2TW. This is further worsened by the whole ToBvsNorsca situation which is nothing but emergency staff pumping from project to project.

    The saddest part is that Warhammer IS the title that is supposed to recieve the most support and content because Warhammer as a table top game is 1/3 about being "the Collectible". This is the same argument I had posted years ago when the original WTW was announced and all the histerical fans swarmed YT and reddit. Warhammer Total War IS the title that taught CA how to make DLC's properly: just look at what R2TW and Attila had prior WTW and what WTW recieved.

    Now it's so sad to see that W2TW is not getting the same treatment, although in all honesty it was supposed to be bigger and 'adder at that!
    Your. Conspiracy theory just isn't true. Also the fact that youndont think CA Sofia is a different thing is hilarious. It's literally in another country.
  • MorbidlyAbeastMorbidlyAbeast Posts: 188Registered Users
    Really it means nothing if they have multiple studios working on different titles if they refuse to release content for more than one title at any given time AND patches are ONLY tied to content. Honestly how is this going to work in 5 years once we have even more CA games? They won't release a warhammer DLC in the same month as a rome 2 dlc because they want us to buy both. So...how many months of the year will even be available for warhammer stuff? 3k will take up at least 2 months of the year for dlc, rome 2 might keep taking 2 months, ToB takes a month, maybe they decide to do some atilla dlc. Every title they add to their portfolio means more months of warhammer drought.

    I'm just disappointed seeing support for their trilogy play out this way...because when I bought into the trilogy I kinda thought it would be a fully supported AAA trilogy. Not something they would ignore for half the year because they wanted to sell me something else at full price.

    Maybe at some point patches will not be exclusively tied to DLC drops....but until then I'm not buying any history stuff...sry lu bu
  • KronusXKronusX Posts: 1,358Registered Users
    Krunch said:

    Canuovea said:

    I'mma make a point.

    I don't believe in separate studios as I don't believe in "Norsca" hiatus. When you think about it - all the puzzle pieces fall into a single picture:

    1. W2TW releases and recieves Mortal Empires in due time - all according to plan.
    2. Tomb Kings come out in due time and have a high quality trailer to kick off the hype.
    3. ToB is announced. A couple months later it's delayed - Norsca hiatus begins.
    4. Two(3?) weeks later QnC is announced with a cheap low production quality trailer.
    5. Lot's of fake hype around "Monstrous secret" which turns out to be a reskinned Hydra.
    6. Dwarf update, QnC and Alith Anar all land around the same time but are treated as seprate content packs to fill in the checkboxes.
    7. 3KTW is delayed to 2019 - no lord packs until 2019 announcement happen around the same time.

    This to me looks like someone tried to bite more than they can chew and stretched the resources so thin that they can't even handle supporting even a single title.

    CA Sofia is not a "separate" studio, not entirely at least: to create a new division you need money(a resource) and people. Yes you can hirely new people and outsource some of the work, but the key leading positions must be filled by experienced veterans - people that could've been supporting W2TW. This is further worsened by the whole ToBvsNorsca situation which is nothing but emergency staff pumping from project to project.

    The saddest part is that Warhammer IS the title that is supposed to recieve the most support and content because Warhammer as a table top game is 1/3 about being "the Collectible". This is the same argument I had posted years ago when the original WTW was announced and all the histerical fans swarmed YT and reddit. Warhammer Total War IS the title that taught CA how to make DLC's properly: just look at what R2TW and Attila had prior WTW and what WTW recieved.

    Now it's so sad to see that W2TW is not getting the same treatment, although in all honesty it was supposed to be bigger and 'adder at that!
    Your. Conspiracy theory just isn't true. Also the fact that youndont think CA Sofia is a different thing is hilarious. It's literally in another country.
    While the conspiracy theory is silly, you can't deny that the timing for CA's list of ****-ups with WH2 is quite huge. Let's take a look at WH1 vs WH2

    WH1)

    -Paid DLC:

    -Chaos unless pre-ordered
    -Norsca unless WH2 pre-ordered
    -Wood elves
    -Beastmen
    -Blood DLC
    -King and the Warlord
    -The grim and the grave

    -FLC

    -Blood knights
    -Amber wizard
    -Vlad
    -Wurzag
    -New Chaos Units
    -Grey/Jade Wizard
    -Morghur and harpies
    -Grombrindal
    -Bretonnia
    -Isabella
    -Krell old friend
    -30th anniversary regiments of renown
    -Foundations Update

    -------------------------

    WH2)

    Paid DLC:

    -Tomb Kings
    -Queen and the Crone
    --------------------------------

    -Flc

    -Mortal Empire (debatable if it even belongs here)
    -Laboratory - useless for most players
    -MP maps -awesome for 5% of the players
    -Tretch
    -Alith Anar
    -Resurgent update
    -Bone Giant FLC
    -Kharybdis (re-skin of hydra and you need to have the dlc to have it)


    About 1 year and 3 months total for the FLC/DLCs, WH1 got 7 paid and 13 FLC with one being a faction.

    In 11 months, WH2 GOT 2 paid DLCs, 3 debatable FLCs and 5 actual FLCs.

    In the meantime, CA also dropped the excuse of ''slowing down because people ranted about the paid DLC''. Let's be honest, this is bs and we all know it. Paid DLCs are where a big part of their income is coming from therefore a company would want to crank more. Look at Paradox. Their game has 19 DLCs and a lot of free content added as well.
  • dreagondreagon Senior Member Posts: 1,886Registered Users
    KronusX said:

    Krunch said:

    Canuovea said:

    I'mma make a point.

    I don't believe in separate studios as I don't believe in "Norsca" hiatus. When you think about it - all the puzzle pieces fall into a single picture:

    1. W2TW releases and recieves Mortal Empires in due time - all according to plan.
    2. Tomb Kings come out in due time and have a high quality trailer to kick off the hype.
    3. ToB is announced. A couple months later it's delayed - Norsca hiatus begins.
    4. Two(3?) weeks later QnC is announced with a cheap low production quality trailer.
    5. Lot's of fake hype around "Monstrous secret" which turns out to be a reskinned Hydra.
    6. Dwarf update, QnC and Alith Anar all land around the same time but are treated as seprate content packs to fill in the checkboxes.
    7. 3KTW is delayed to 2019 - no lord packs until 2019 announcement happen around the same time.

    This to me looks like someone tried to bite more than they can chew and stretched the resources so thin that they can't even handle supporting even a single title.

    CA Sofia is not a "separate" studio, not entirely at least: to create a new division you need money(a resource) and people. Yes you can hirely new people and outsource some of the work, but the key leading positions must be filled by experienced veterans - people that could've been supporting W2TW. This is further worsened by the whole ToBvsNorsca situation which is nothing but emergency staff pumping from project to project.

    The saddest part is that Warhammer IS the title that is supposed to recieve the most support and content because Warhammer as a table top game is 1/3 about being "the Collectible". This is the same argument I had posted years ago when the original WTW was announced and all the histerical fans swarmed YT and reddit. Warhammer Total War IS the title that taught CA how to make DLC's properly: just look at what R2TW and Attila had prior WTW and what WTW recieved.

    Now it's so sad to see that W2TW is not getting the same treatment, although in all honesty it was supposed to be bigger and 'adder at that!
    Your. Conspiracy theory just isn't true. Also the fact that youndont think CA Sofia is a different thing is hilarious. It's literally in another country.
    While the conspiracy theory is silly, you can't deny that the timing for CA's list of ****-ups with WH2 is quite huge. Let's take a look at WH1 vs WH2

    WH1)

    -Paid DLC:

    -Chaos unless pre-ordered
    -Norsca unless WH2 pre-ordered
    -Wood elves
    -Beastmen
    -Blood DLC
    -King and the Warlord
    -The grim and the grave

    -FLC

    -Blood knights
    -Amber wizard
    -Vlad
    -Wurzag
    -New Chaos Units
    -Grey/Jade Wizard
    -Morghur and harpies
    -Grombrindal
    -Bretonnia
    -Isabella
    -Krell old friend
    -30th anniversary regiments of renown
    -Foundations Update

    -------------------------

    WH2)

    Paid DLC:

    -Tomb Kings
    -Queen and the Crone
    --------------------------------

    -Flc

    -Mortal Empire (debatable if it even belongs here)
    -Laboratory - useless for most players
    -MP maps -awesome for 5% of the players
    -Tretch
    -Alith Anar
    -Resurgent update
    -Bone Giant FLC
    -Kharybdis (re-skin of hydra and you need to have the dlc to have it)


    About 1 year and 3 months total for the FLC/DLCs, WH1 got 7 paid and 13 FLC with one being a faction.

    In 11 months, WH2 GOT 2 paid DLCs, 3 debatable FLCs and 5 actual FLCs.

    In the meantime, CA also dropped the excuse of ''slowing down because people ranted about the paid DLC''. Let's be honest, this is bs and we all know it. Paid DLCs are where a big part of their income is coming from therefore a company would want to crank more. Look at Paradox. Their game has 19 DLCs and a lot of free content added as well.
    I personally believe (and think it makes sense) that they are slowing down DLC production partly because they are making factions more unique, but also because they have to produce DLC over a longer time. I'm assuming game 2 will have similar amount of DLC as game 1. But the gap between game 2 and game 3 is probably more than two years instead of just over a year between game 1 and game 2. So they would need more time between DLC's to fill that time.
    "The dog is a peasant and the cat is a gentleman." H.P. Lovecraft
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,574Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Discussion seems to now be centered around how Creative Assembly business operates. Moved to Chat.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • HarkovastHarkovast Posts: 1,514Registered Users
    I love the arguing tactic of "I don't believe in separate studios as I don't believe in "Norsca" hiatus."
    That's so awesome.
    I want to start arguing that way. Whenever I hear a counter to what I say I will declare I just don't believe in that.

    I'm going to stop believing the Tomb Kings DLC exists and demand CA release it again.
    For The Lady, for Manann, for Bordeleaux!
  • Michael4537Michael4537 Posts: 2,079Registered Users
    Focusing on one game at a time for PR is, in my opinion, actually a decent business practice. I don't mind CA adding content for Rome II: in fact, I'm happy that they are as it not only shows that they still care about older games that people still care about, but also that DLC for Warhammer could be released five years down the road as well. It reduces competition between their titles. Although I do wish that Warhammer would get DLC more often, as long as the content is good with fresh campaign mechanics, enough new units, and creative LLs, I'm fine with waiting a few months, partially because I'm a patient person and partially because I don't have a lot of time to play Warhammer.

    It takes a lot of effort for a small team to create an entire new faction with new models, animations, voice acting, mechanics, etc., especially with the increase in quality from game one to game two. Not to mention the additional programming for the two campaign maps.

    I do, though, wish they wouldn't tie bug fixes specifically to DLC, especially since the DLCs are so spread out now.
  • RazeAndBurnRazeAndBurn Posts: 82Registered Users
    Harkovast said:

    I love the arguing tactic of "I don't believe in separate studios as I don't believe in "Norsca" hiatus."
    That's so awesome.
    I want to start arguing that way. Whenever I hear a counter to what I say I will declare I just don't believe in that.

    I'm going to stop believing the Tomb Kings DLC exists and demand CA release it again.

    Have you even read the arguments I provided? I'm not defying the objective side of the question unlike you.
Sign In or Register to comment.