Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Losing supplies in own territory....really?

RowYerboatRowYerboat Junior MemberPosts: 955Registered Users
edited August 2018 in Allegiance Update Feedback
So I just opted into the beta patch my supplies are going negative while I'm sitting in my own settlement. Is this working as intended? Seems incredibly punishing. Don't have enough supplies to even besiege a single city, so I guess I have to just take small towns and hope they have food?

Edit: ok so I guess this is a bug. My army does not have the +15 bonus it is supposed to have for friendly territory. Loaded an older save and had the bonus; not sure what caused it but it's a pretty nasty bug.

Edit #2: it did it again. This time, landed in foreign territory and immediately captured a small town. No friendly territory bonus and army steadily losing supplies again. The first time it seemed to be caused by simply walking into ALLIED territory. Yack.
Post edited by RowYerboat on

Comments

• dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,657Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Thread is in the wrong forum and needs more info. Moving and recommending:

This is also based on the assumption that the user is in the Ancestral Update. If not, sorry mate.

Screen shots, save game and dxdiag are always very useful. Thanks
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • MigzMigz Senior Member Posts: 316Registered Users
    Was this supposed to be in the Thrones of Britannia forum?
  • RowYerboatRowYerboat Junior Member Posts: 955Registered Users
    Yeah, this is not the Rome 2 Ancestral Update; it is the Thrones of Britannia Allegiance Beta patch.

"Before" and "After" save files attached ("After" only for the second scenario described in original post).

Not using any mods.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 36,073Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Now in Allegiance Update forum.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • Jack_Lusted_CAJack_Lusted_CA Creative Assembly Brighton, UKPosts: 1,346Registered Users, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    Hi,

Are you running with any mods? Loading up your save games doesn't show a problem with supplies. In Gwined 3 Anaraut's army is losing -10 from stance, but gaining 8 from buildings and 15 from friendly territory as a result of positive faction food.

In Gwined 8, your faction is suffering from the worst faction food bundle, and won't gain positive supplies from faction food until next turn. That's why Anaraut is losing supplies, as he's not gaining anything from your food. Next turn it will be resolved and your faction food bundle will give him the +15 in friendly territory.
    Game Director - Thrones of Britannia

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.
    edited August 2018
    Appreciate the quick response.

Not using any mods. I played around with this some more, and I think I see what's happening, but it still seems really weird.

First, in older builds, it was no problem having zero extra food, so that change just surprised me I guess. But:

-Having just ten extra food leaves you in the yellow box, which gives 15 supplies (presumably the friendly territory bonus, although the tooltip doesn't make this clear) and 10% replenishment bonus

-Having zero surplus food sends you all the way to the bottom of the bar (at least the visual representation is all the way to the left; maybe the graphic is broken). This is weird because 0-10 is a pretty razor thin margin, especially since most things give you food in multiples of 5 and all units cost 10. This means that the two orange boxes between yellow and red on the food bar will basically never be used.

-Also, it is weird that zero surplus food would put you all the way at the worst end of the food bar when of course you can go way into the negative. Surely negative food should be worse than just having no surplus. But:

-When my army was all the way in the red, I did NOT get the huge -10 public order penalty you are supposed to get from being that far in the red. Nor did I see the -25 supply penalty; just didn't have the +15 bonus.

So something seems very off about either the food bar, the tootips, or the effects you actually get from having certain amounts of food..
    Post edited by RowYerboat on
    Did a bit more testing. First, I think in the Gwined 8 save posted above, for whatever reason the indicator on the food bar is just broken and in the wrong place. It should be in the light orange box instead of all the way to the left. In new games (with Gwined and Mide) 0 surplus food and -6 food both put me in the light orange box on the food bar.

However, it still seems that the bonuses/penalties are not being applied properly. As before, the public order penalty and supply penalty are not being applied at all with zero or slightly negative food. Replenishment also seems off; between light orange and yellow, it should be a 30% swing in replenishment (-20% to +10%), but I only saw a 10% difference (10 men per turn versus 11). The only significant difference seems to be whether or not you get the +15 supplies in friendly territory.

Anyhow, two further observations: first, from a logical standpoint, exactly zero surplus seems like it should be yellow, and not orange. Your army shouldn't be doomed to run out of supplies and eventually starve/desert if it is in friendly territory and you don't have negative food. Second, it would be really nice if the tooltips for the food bar would show you how much of a surplus/deficit will get you into a certain color box (and there fore certain bonuses/penalties).