Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Empire Divided Cultural Aversion Issue

slapnut1207slapnut1207 Posts: 674Registered Users
As Aurelian's Rome, I noticed that my client provinces dislike me for cultural aversion. Is this is a bug? I know Roman factions are suppose suffer diplomatically with other Roman factions in Empire Divided but I don't believe the client states should dislike me. Only the Romans in Gaul and the Palmyerene Romans. Also please merge the client states with their Emperor's faction or give us the option to annex these provinces. Just a question, can we post other issues not related to Rise of the Republic in this forum? Or do we have to put it in the ancestral update feedback section or support?

In Hoc Signo Vinces

Comments

• slapnut1207slapnut1207 Posts: 674Registered Users
    edited August 2018
    Also besides cultural aversion, they dislike me for being expansionist. So that means that they will dislike me for reclaiming the provinces of the Empire from the Gallic Romans, Quintillus's Rome and the Palmyrene Romans.
    In Hoc Signo Vinces

• CA_GrimfeldCA_Grimfeld Posts: 286Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff
    The "Cultural Aversion" penalty is to simulate that your client states are not completely loyal to your rule and might even try to becom independent. The "expansionist" penalty is part of your imperium level and effectively means that as you grow, it is harder to keep your client states under control. Although, Aurelian controls a sizeable patch of land, he can still expand.

We have specifically decided to split the Roman territories into main faction and client states to introduce a certain degree of challenge related to managing your client states and simulate the treacherous times of the Crisis of the Third Century. Your client states should contribute to your Victory Conditions. Having the ability to annex them is an intriguing option that we ourselves have been discussing internally but unfortunately we have no time to implement anything like it at this time.

Thanks for the feedback! ( :

• slapnut1207slapnut1207 Posts: 674Registered Users

The "Cultural Aversion" penalty is to simulate that your client states are not completely loyal to your rule and might even try to becom independent. The "expansionist" penalty is part of your imperium level and effectively means that as you grow, it is harder to keep your client states under control. Although, Aurelian controls a sizeable patch of land, he can still expand.

We have specifically decided to split the Roman territories into main faction and client states to introduce a certain degree of challenge related to managing your client states and simulate the treacherous times of the Crisis of the Third Century. Your client states should contribute to your Victory Conditions. Having the ability to annex them is an intriguing option that we ourselves have been discussing internally but unfortunately we have no time to implement anything like it at this time.

Thanks for the feedback! ( :

Thanks for the reply.
    In Hoc Signo Vinces