Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Monotony in the South (AKA West Seaxe is OP in camapign)

cool_ladcool_lad Senior MemberIndiaPosts: 2,272Registered Users
While I do understand that West Seaxe came out dominant in the era, it's somewhat boring to see just West Seaxe come to power every single time.

Could we perhaps have more variability in what factions come to power; there's the Welsh, the Vikings and even Mierce; I think that the game would be a lot more fun if there were more (i.e. any) variability in what factions actually came to power, so that we could be fighting West Seaxe in one campaign while in the other we might be fighting Northumbria or Powis.

Comments

• Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 20,727Registered Users
    I already suggested a simple solution, make vassals wholly defensive. The biggest problem for West-Seaxe players is the vassal swarm, who rabidly attack anyone you are at war with and even if they don't win, weaken the enemy enough so that the player doesn't have much left to do.

The player should always be the one to do the heavy lifting himself. If vassals were contend to only ever defend their territory this would be a major step in the right direction. If you want other factions to help you offensively, you should be reliant on military or defensive alliances.