Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Official Allegiance Update issues thread

2»

Comments

• RomanSionisRomanSionis Posts: 3Registered Users
    Another bug that was previously mentioned is the Welsh Brethren event . The option of annexing them or uniting against West Seaxe does not work at all. Nothing happens regardless and the event repeats itself over and over again.
  • myselfnapoleonmyselfnapoleon Senior Member Posts: 440Registered Users
    A really annoying bug which has been happening since the second phase of the allegiance update is that when you play a h2h multiplayer campaign, the game crashes whenever you play a battle manually. You can easily check that by launching a h2h MPC and starting a battle manually.
  • shuyguy2shuyguy2 Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    It doesn't show me the thresholds to change levels in food or heroism.
  • KetermulsKetermuls Posts: 11Registered Users
    Im guessing the 100% reduction in public order from other allegiance effect isnt working.
  • kinjokinjo Senior Member Posts: 1,610Registered Users
    edited August 2018
    A few bugs I have experienced in the allegiance update 2:

1. Welsh Brethren Event as Gwined - It doesn't matter which option I pick nothing happens and the event keeps popping up at least once every 4 turns.
    https://imgur.com/8KGo49Q

2. Rival Kings mission as Gwined - The reward is war fervour, probably should be changed to coin or Heroism.
    https://i.imgur.com/DC3nLxb.jpg

3. Some conflicting traits

Trustworthy and getting "Economical with the Truth" which is basically the opposite.

Impassioned and Indifferent

4. Snow on battle map - Snow only shows on the battle map if weather condition is fog, maybe this can be looked at so snow shows up properly in the winter so the battle map reflects the campaign map conditions.

5. War fervour is still referenced under the long fame victory conditions for the Welsh Kingdoms.
    https://i.imgur.com/dAfGBKd.jpg
  • TurumbaTurumba Junior Member Posts: 16Registered Users
    @Ketermuls Ja, I got the same impression.

Mierce l/l

Since nobody else mentioned it yet. Playing as a english kingdoms. Can somebody confirm that the benedictine estates held by the king, are doing nothing for the faction allegiance factionwide? (it shows up in the character, but not in the province influence tab)

Adopted nobles who became king, get the "sworn loyalty event". He vows to be loyal to himself. Twice in my campaign.^^

Doesnt really matter, since I guess a lot of traits or how they trigger will be worked on, but:
    Adopted nobles who have the impassioned trait and become king keep that trait. So the king is actually spreading usurper allegiance. Kinda depends how you read it, I iguess. Not sure if that makes much sense. As a noble, well. As a king ...

Purging all of the nobility every now and then has been proven the only way to deal with the current influence/ loyalty/ trait balance.
    Every new governor is a big gamble. If you are very lucky it will cost the king only -3 influence (due to forced political actions and gifting estates. (We leave out the follow ups of other nobles who become suddenly offended by this, which usually starts a vicious circle)
    Well, even if you make sure the new noble has 3 loyalty and 3 influence and you click end turn, at the start of the next turn, he got somehow a trait with -1 loyalty and thus get another bad trait because he has less than 3 loyalty in the same turn. Same turn.

Money:
    Owning 5 full provinces and 5 regions: 1000 G/ turn with 30 units
    Owning 13 full provinces: 550 G/ turn with 36 untis
    While this is alarming in general, it means Burghal is rendered just to be another malus on top, because I will never be able to change taxes nor actually build something. If I build something with sack money, it usually lower my income.

Just leave any bad traits for having negativ income out of the game (the good ones as well, if you feel like). If the tresury can take it, the tresury can take it. No reason for getting bad traits. If the tresury can't take it and you actually ending up in the minus, well that is another case, bad traits are welcome then.

Regards,
    Turumba
    If you're dealing with the devil, it's not the devil who changes, but rather the devil change you - for sanity is like a spider, sitting in a net woven from the finest of strings, unaware of the hand coming closer, being grabbed and stuffed into a mouth.
    Check this: Turumba's Twitch and YouTube channel!
  • RomanSionisRomanSionis Posts: 3Registered Users
    A bug that occurs with Sudreyar is the new event of Pagan Kings, Convert etc. only appearing once as well as sending an expedition to the Mediterranean. Game crashes when the expedition finishes.
  • MrMecHMrMecH Posts: 2,142Registered Users

I found new bug. My King has this event and one choice is Loyalty decrease.
    SHUT UP GIVE US GHORGON!!!!!

edited August 2018
    Another reference to war fervour, it is the reward for the Pre-empitive strike quest playing as Northymbre.

• Felix_CarnifexFelix_Carnifex Junior Member Posts: 23Registered Users
    For some reason the effects sound slider does not work for me anymore. It occurred during battle and I can't recall if it was before the battle or after I hit the slow-motion button. I have tried everything to fix it except reinstalling. Removed all mods, verified game files, restart Steam and windows, removing the beta. Nothing seems to bring it back.

Any ideas what may be the issue?
  • gunnarmarinegunnarmarine Junior Member Posts: 5Registered Users
    As east eagle I tried to use the siege towers and the units will not scale them to climb the walls.
    Floating rock bug is you fight a battle at the following location.

X: 0.355 Y: 0.604

• FrostKaiserFrostKaiser Posts: 3Registered Users
    Have been playing and ao far loving the changes. Some problems:

- Building an alehouse always gives the governor a negative trait giving -3 “public order”. No point in building this.
    - I have been having a TON of “bug splats”. I started around 3 campaigns with the new update and all 3 after around 50 start to have problems. Loading a different save does not work, please fix before shipping.
  • Jtlsoccer9Jtlsoccer9 Posts: 4Registered Users
    Feedback on my Mierce campaign. I am 103 turns in and enjoying it so far. I am not using any mods. Only problem I came across is the catapult unit did not unlock after I researched the “siege advancement” technology.
    One thought I had was that the decrees - hoards mechanic was too expensive (10,000), I did not use it because it was so expensive. I think the price should be lower between 7,500 - 5,000.

• MrMecHMrMecH Posts: 2,142Registered Users
    I finished Circenn campaign a moment ago. It seem War Fervour-related achievement still coming.

SHUT UP GIVE US GHORGON!!!!!

• FrostKaiserFrostKaiser Posts: 3Registered Users
    @Jack_Lusted_CA Jack, when the Blood & Gore update drops, will the Allegiance Update receive a new patch as well? Correcting bugs, and stuff like that.
  • Jack_Lusted_CAJack_Lusted_CA Creative Assembly Brighton, UKPosts: 1,346Registered Users, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff

@Jack_Lusted_CA Jack, when the Blood & Gore update drops, will the Allegiance Update receive a new patch as well? Correcting bugs, and stuff like that.

Yes there will be further bug fixes and balance changes that will come with the full release of the Allegiance update.
    Game Director - Thrones of Britannia

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • TheodoreTheodore Member Posts: 91Registered Users

Yes there will be further bug fixes and balance changes that will come with the full release of the Allegiance update.
    Any Idea when that will happen? (the blood and gore update)
    By the way, China's warring states period would make an ideal setting for a total war game.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warring_States_period
  • TeddyloonieTeddyloonie Posts: 2Registered Users
    Would be great if you finally could fix the fact that you start with trade agreement with every single faction on the map in Total War Sage: Thrones of Britannia, and remove it so that you yourself can decide who to trade with as otherwise it destroys a major part of being a Viking Sea King which gains no sea sickness which makes it perfect for raiding by sea, but as it stands now if you try to raid one faction you get a major penalty with every single faction on the map which really, really sucks and makes it really hard to do any raiding by sea which i believe is a major part for the Viking Sea Kings. I've waited since the game came out for this to happen but so far nothing.
  • MemeBotMemeBot Posts: 20Registered Users
    The Thrones.exe does not shutdown properly for me it nearly always remains running when quitting and requires a force close
  • MemeBotMemeBot Posts: 20Registered Users
    On the campaign map I clicked on the "Total War Academy" button and lost all game sound after that (and nothing came up related to the academy anyway)
  • kabimbikabimbi Posts: 4Registered Users
    My Gwined games objective mechanics have restarted with the update. I ended the first battle played I have played on that save game since the update, and it triggered the opening campaign video.

The objective based first research points on the research trees are all locked as if I haven't recruited 10 units or built high enough level granary, and I received my game objective notifications again.

Please tell me what you intend to do about this. I am quite invested in this game.
  • InocybeInocybe Posts: 144Registered Users
    kabimbi said:

My Gwined games objective mechanics have restarted with the update. I ended the first battle played I have played on that save game since the update, and it triggered the opening campaign video.

The objective based first research points on the research trees are all locked as if I haven't recruited 10 units or built high enough level granary, and I received my game objective notifications again.

Please tell me what you intend to do about this. I am quite invested in this game.

rollback to the previous version (in the steam option of the game).
    After some gameplay, the system is completely out of control when you are a large faction. I do enjoy the difficulty of the original Medieval Total War 2 and Medieval Total War late game, but this is absolutely ridiculous. There is a difference between the campaign AI pulling out a calculated event to cause issue, and the campaign AI chain spamming you with vikings, allegiance issues, rebellions etc. It seems like its getting confused between the over lap of you dealing with those issues and then just spamming them again. Also, having a character get murdered because the campaign AI decided he is "the one" when you have kept his loyalty in check, dealt with his issues, spent money on making it work, only to find his conspirators just murder him after 30 turns because the campaign AI wants to give you a pain in the arse in that region? Come on, that is not balance.
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 2,501Registered Users
    Small issue, but when trying to arrange a marriage between 2 of my characters, I also noticed that I could arrange for her to marry her own son, which is a bit.... weird.

• InocybeInocybe Posts: 144Registered Users
    kabimbi said:

After some gameplay, the system is completely out of control when you are a large faction. I do enjoy the difficulty of the original Medieval Total War 2 and Medieval Total War late game, but this is absolutely ridiculous. There is a difference between the campaign AI pulling out a calculated event to cause issue, and the campaign AI chain spamming you with vikings, allegiance issues, rebellions etc. It seems like its getting confused between the over lap of you dealing with those issues and then just spamming them again. Also, having a character get murdered because the campaign AI decided he is "the one" when you have kept his loyalty in check, dealt with his issues, spent money on making it work, only to find his conspirators just murder him after 30 turns because the campaign AI wants to give you a pain in the arse in that region? Come on, that is not balance.

Managing loyalty is harder than before. However, it is still easy once you understand that you have to spam 2 points in priest follower, and give estate for everyone. I am at the end of my campaign, and I never had to kill anyone nor have I had any nobles uprising. You also have to manage your influence, to always stay in 8-10.
    I think my main issue was another loyalty mechanic starting before the resolution of the previous one with the same character, and in the end the conspirators just killed him. Admittedly the mechanic did start with that character before the update, so maybe there could be something there.

That said, the character in question was obviously someone valuable to the economy. His loyalty was up, influence like 5, went down as a result of the most recent spat of genealogy dispute, then before that was resolved another genealogy dispute happened, both got dealt with, and then "the conspirators" kill him. I mean it's like the campaign AI saying "you should of just killed this high acumen character from the beginning, because we are killing him later anyway." What is the mechanic to stop the conspirators killing him anyway? I mean he was paid, found wife, increased loyalty, decreased influence, constant genealogy and rumour spreading mechanics. Like I mentioned before, after allegiance update they overlapped in my spam chain of problems manifesting, and when i dealt with it adequately to keep his loyalty high, not gain negative traits to his allegiance.

Should I just murder him as soon as he gets vengeful? Does vengeful imply his conspirators will kill him because he keeps vengefully conspiring with no result because I handle is successfully? Isn't that just going to result in me executing my best governors over and over as the AI ham strings them with the loyalty mechanic activating? Am I just meant to preserve a character with vengeful trait as long as possible to avoid the blight reaching another character? Can the campaign AI kill more than one character at a time using this mechanic? What exactly am I dealing with here.
    Started a new game as Ciccern. Same thing. Mechanics are out of control, classic campaign AI using everything to gang up at once. Your games are great, but when you get campaign AI balance wrong, they become infuriating. I am a long time subscriber to the series since original Shogun Total War, and every time this happens I stop buying and stop playing for months, or switch to a less broken previous game from the franchise. Now you finally fixed the reinforcements bug in Warhammer Total War I may well go back to that. I will not be playing Three Kingdoms Total War if the AI issue is the same there. The campaign AI was malicious but balanced before the Allegiance update. Now it is unbalanced. If I wanted me vs every faction on the map + myself (betrayals/civil war) at every possible turn then I'd purchase something that is that. Don't pretend there is diplomacy when literally everything that can go wrong will go wrong.
  • NeuronHeadNeuronHead Posts: 4Registered Users
    edited December 2018
    I'm playing as Dyflin, Viking Sea Kings

Main observed issues have been around technologies:

Siege Warfare
    * I've won 9/5 sieges but can't research
    * I was able to research when it wasn't my turn. Now not at all.
    * Have researched up until and including Provisions. Research tree now locked for any research.

Melee Units
    * Before the update I could recruit Berserkers because I'd completed Defensive Masters
    * Now can't recruit Berserkers. Says I haven't completed the research. I have. I do have Berserkers in armies. Just can't recruit any more.
    * Can't recruit Eastmen Hirdmen nor Eastmen Champions even though have completed the research and already have them in my armies.

Also note that when I hit the red research beaker in the rectruitment screen it shows nothing for units I have researched the technology for, but can nevertheless not recruit. It does accurately indicate research required for units I do not have the technology for.

For units I can't recruit but should be able to, the recruitment screen shows red beaker as if I have not completed the research.

Edit:
    I'm playing multiplayer co-operative campaign. Game started on 23/11/2018.
    Post edited by NeuronHead on