Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Stone of Destiny quests feedback

MrMecHMrMecH Posts: 2,100Registered Users
I always thought that Stone of Destiny quests should be [deploy in these province] instead of [capture settlement]. Many times that the quest select major factions settlement. I don't dare to wake a war with them for 2000 gold or little buffs exactly. Also this should be searching mission than expansion, isn't it? If you change to [deploy in these province], it would be better. I will trespass them for a while and return or asking their [Military Access] is fine too.

The last thing is Stone of Destiny final reward. Its buff should be more effective and unlimited duration, not just 20 turns.

SHUT UP GIVE US GHORGON!!!!!

Comments

• tak22tak22 Senior Member Posts: 2,386Registered Users
    When I pleayed through SoD quests were irrelevant, since the locations had a tendency to be on the opposite side of the map, and Circenn's start is so hard anyway that you can't afford to send an army after it. Especially not if you're just going to end up declaring war on a faction ten times your size. If there were a way to limit the provinces it could show up in, that would be a great help. And I agree with the OP, if it could maybe have the condition of raiding a certain settlement instead of capturing it, that would spare the war decs and also fit nicely with some of the promised changes to legitimacy.

I also agree, for as hard as it is to get, a few turns of a buff is not worth it.
  • Jack_Lusted_CAJack_Lusted_CA Creative Assembly Brighton, UKPosts: 1,346Registered Users, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    Changing the missions from capturing to raiding is something that is a nice suggestion, but we can't do at this point for the Allegiance update.

Finding the Stone does give a trait for the faction leader as well (and that all future faction leaders will get as well), so what we're going to do is remove the effect bundle given by finding the stone, make it so the event mentions the trait the faction leader will gain, and boosting the bonuses it gives. So +2 influence and +3 zeal for leader, +100% to their bodyguard size +1 loyalty for all characters, +20% church income in all regions. Give it more impact and emphasis the fact there is this permanent bonus you gain from completing the event chain.
    Game Director - Thrones of Britannia

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • MrMecHMrMecH Posts: 2,100Registered Users

Changing the missions from capturing to raiding is something that is a nice suggestion, but we can't do at this point for the Allegiance update.

Finding the Stone does give a trait for the faction leader as well (and that all future faction leaders will get as well), so what we're going to do is remove the effect bundle given by finding the stone, make it so the event mentions the trait the faction leader will gain, and boosting the bonuses it gives. So +2 influence and +3 zeal for leader, +100% to their bodyguard size +1 loyalty for all characters, +20% church income in all regions. Give it more impact and emphasis the fact there is this permanent bonus you gain from completing the event chain.

Thank you Jack. New trait bonus look so amazing but I have one question. Could "+100% to their bodyguard size" effect let bodyguard number be higher than 200 men?
    SHUT UP GIVE US GHORGON!!!!!

• Jack_Lusted_CAJack_Lusted_CA Creative Assembly Brighton, UKPosts: 1,346Registered Users, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    MrMecH said:

Thank you Jack. New trait bonus look so amazing but I have one question. Could "+100% to their bodyguard size" effect let bodyguard number be higher than 200 men?
    Not for Circenn as they have cavalry bodyguards so they won't get that large.
    Game Director - Thrones of Britannia

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.