Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Multiplayer campaign, is there a way to continue after taking capital?

alexanderthegrunt2alexanderthegrunt2 Registered Users Posts: 4
I'm playing a multiplayer campaign and unfortunately, if the capital of one side is taken , they lose the campaign without the chance to continue. This is a shame as technically you could own the whole map but if you lose your capitol, the game ends with out a chance to continue.

Is there a way to change this so that one can either change the objectives to being completely wiped out, or simply being able to continue the campaign? Surely this is not hard to mod or implement? Perhaps this is already available?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks. Alex.

Comments

• ca_toma_solarovca_toma_solarov Registered Users, CA Staff Posts: 12
    @alexanderthegrunt2

Hello,
    Could you provide some more info?
    Which campaign does that happen on; are you playing Head-to-Head or Co-op?
    We have tested this on the GC with Egypt vs the Seleucid in Head-to-Head, but after capturing the capital of the other faction, the campaign continued without a problem.

Cheers,
    Toma Solarov
    CA Sofia QA Team

FORMAL DISCLAIMER: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • DruidsbrookDruidsbrook Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 211

I'm playing a multiplayer campaign and unfortunately, if the capital of one side is taken , they lose the campaign without the chance to continue. This is a shame as technically you could own the whole map but if you lose your capitol, the game ends with out a chance to continue.

Is there a way to change this so that one can either change the objectives to being completely wiped out, or simply being able to continue the campaign? Surely this is not hard to mod or implement? Perhaps this is already available?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks. Alex.

Are one of you playing as Tarchuna in Rise of the Republic? They have a unique fail state where their campaign ends if their capital is lost. The only thing I can think of.
  • alexanderthegrunt2alexanderthegrunt2 Registered Users Posts: 4
    edited August 2018
    HI, thanks for response @CA_Toma . No im just playing grand campaign as egypt and masaeslyi Head to Head.

I tested out a quick Rome and Carthage one where i sailed to Carthage and took it as soon as i could. at the start of the next turn carthage had lost the campaign without the chance to continue. its a shame because technically you could have the whole map, or even an army just out of reach to reclaim and still lose the campaign.

Simply a mechanic to continue campaign or having to destroy a faction would be great.

many thanks. Alex.
    Post edited by alexanderthegrunt2 on