Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Whom Historical Figures deserve to have total war title

jamreal18jamreal18 Senior MemberPosts: 8,584Registered Users
edited August 2018 in Total War General Chat
  • Alexander the Great
  • ????
  • ????
Genghiz Khan might be based on his era which is Mongol
Cyrus/Darius might be based on their or era as Archaemid
Post edited by jamreal18 on

Comments

  • FossowayFossoway Posts: 2,170Registered Users
    Alexander the Great or Gengis Khan are the only real options that comes to mind, now that we got Napoleon and Attila. Both of them also have the benefits of introducing India to the Total War franchise.

    But if we base on past experience:
    - Empire -> Napoleon
    - Rome II -> Attila
    - Three Kingdoms -> ???

    Gengis Khan could reuse some past assets and be a bridge to Medieval III, but meh. Alexander sounds better.
  • CommisarCommisar Senior Member Posts: 1,206Registered Users
    Alexander the Great has already had a game based off him, was for Rome 1.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rome:_Total_War:_Alexander
  • FossowayFossoway Posts: 2,170Registered Users
    Commisar said:

    Alexander the Great has already had a game based off him, was for Rome 1.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rome:_Total_War:_Alexander

    I know, but it's really old. A full blown remake is not impossible.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,584Registered Users
    edited August 2018
    Fossoway said:

    Commisar said:

    Alexander the Great has already had a game based off him, was for Rome 1.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rome:_Total_War:_Alexander

    I know, but it's really old. A full blown remake is not impossible.
    And I want a new Alexander and not another remake.

    Alexander must be made as a new game rather than dlc.
  • daelin4daelin4 Senior Member Posts: 16,199Registered Users
    There's no way they can make a "new game" out of something like Alexander. It would have to literally be a grand campaign version of Wrath of Sparta just to be considered such.

    I don't think specific historical figures deserve a Total War title. As a DLC minicampaign? Sure. But they've always done more broad timelines for grand campaigns. What's the point of a title called King Richard Lionheart Total War when it's better to call it Medieval III* and include other characters?

    *actually, Medieval II: Total War, Kingdoms: Crusades

    Corrected action is the most sincere form of apology.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,584Registered Users
    edited August 2018
    daelin4 said:

    There's no way they can make a "new game" out of something like Alexander. It would have to literally be a grand campaign version of Wrath of Sparta just to be considered such.

    I don't think specific historical figures deserve a Total War title. As a DLC minicampaign? Sure. But they've always done more broad timelines for grand campaigns. What's the point of a title called King Richard Lionheart Total War when it's better to call it Medieval III* and include other characters?

    *actually, Medieval II: Total War, Kingdoms: Crusades

    Agree with you on that. But a game about Alexander is a must. Alexander is different because many people know his era based on his character. If CA is going to make his era, how will they going to name it?

    Take note, Wrath of Sparta only consists of Greek but Alexander has more varied faction.

    Macedon, Tribalii, Taulantii, Getae, Phrygia, Caria, Bithynia, Tyre(Phoenicia), Sogdia, Uxii, Scythian, Persia, Bactria, Babylonia, Egypt, India.

  • BreadboxBreadbox Posts: 780Registered Users
    Its a mystery to me why they hasn’t tried Alexander+Diadochi in Rome 2 yet, when settings like peloponnese war and Third centuary has been made.

    I know that remake is probably lower on the priority list than a new setting, but barely anyone plays or remember the R1 one.
    Is it that they don’t feel confident at handling the expectation of such a campaign?
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,584Registered Users
    Breadbox said:

    Its a mystery to me why they hasn’t tried Alexander+Diadochi in Rome 2 yet, when settings like peloponnese war and Third centuary has been made.

    I know that remake is probably lower on the priority list than a new setting, but barely anyone plays or remember the R1 one.
    Is it that they don’t feel confident at handling the expectation of such a campaign?

    It would be a waste to make Alexander+Diadochi as DLC for Rome 2.
    If CA did Alexander as DLC for ROME 2, they would just re-making Alexander rather than making a new one.

    Alexander needs to be a fresh new game.
  • Total_War_VeteranTotal_War_Veteran Posts: 446Registered Users
    Robert I of Scotland ?
    Full support for CA and CA_Ella
Sign In or Register to comment.