Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Creating new hitpoint effect (addition)

zoommooz11zoommooz11 Posts: 13Registered Users
As a fairly experienced modder, I am have made many new effects abilities and the like.

I am in the process of trying to add hitpoints to various item, with and addition to the unit, instead of the existing effect for hitpoits, which is percentage based. I have tried a number of work arounds and cannot seem to get it to work. Is there anyone out there who might know how to do this, or if its even possible? (Somone from CA perhaps)?

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• CA_DuckCA_Duck Posts: 1,433Registered Users, CA Staff
    edited August 2018
    Hit point max increases on abilities is impossible. You can get the same end result by having abilities that add a passive ward save.

Hit point max increases on items doesn't work either, so ward saves are your friend here as well.
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • zoommooz11zoommooz11 Posts: 13Registered Users
    edited August 2018
    So gald for the answer Duck, thank you.

I do have to diagree though, as while similar its not the same as:

The whole reason I was looking into this was to avoid (or at least mitigate) that a hero on foot's magical armor (which in our overhaul it taking on a much stronger rpg-role) does not continue to be at 'full power' when riding a giant mount. By having the bonus as +hitpoints, and with the large differnce between our hp of hero's on foor and giant mounts, the hp buff meant a lot more to the hero by himself, where as is was only moderate to the mounted hero.

If I use armor (or ward saves) values this bonus is fully bestoed upon the giant mount as well, which does not fit that well into the rpg element we were trying to achieve (how does a suit of armor help the drgon you are riding on?).

My 'fix' was to add about 70 abilites (one for each item of armor) which gives a one time heal at 10% health, which each ability set to the hp I wanted to add.

Regardless, still very happy to get the answer, as I had already spent quite a lot time time trying to get it to work.

Cheers.

Sorry to bother you agian CA_DUCk,

With testing, I found that:

using the effect 'wh_main_effect_character_stat_mod_unit_health' with items DOES confer a hp bonus, but its still the % based version.

So the question is can I make an effect that is addition based?
  • CA_DuckCA_Duck Posts: 1,433Registered Users, CA Staff

Sorry to bother you agian CA_DUCk,

With testing, I found that:

using the effect 'wh_main_effect_character_stat_mod_unit_health' with items DOES confer a hp bonus, but its still the % based version.

So the question is can I make an effect that is addition based?

Not that I'm aware of. There's also an issue with how the health bonus interacts with items, which is why we don't use that combination ourselves.
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
    Cheers for the answer. Yeah I noticed that it takes a 'turn' for the health pools to stabalize.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file