Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Sige battle ..and speed of battles...and one more...

MemnonMemnon Senior MemberPosts: 576Registered Users
Dear @Jack_Lusted_CA .

Any info about this important point?

Im really hope this time we have proper ,good and big sige battle-not tiny small piece walls and city , like in Warhammer.
And second-dear CA -we are finnaly consider to make two choice battle speed ?Fast and slow?Or again ignore all old TW veterans and make fast crazy clikers 3 min mini battle?Im hate where my over 10 k soldiers finish fight in 3-4 min.No time to do ant tactics,no time to watch -just every second click and nothig more.
Im know some people like this speed battle-thats is reason why im ask to make two option and make both side happy.

...And finnaly last quastion-this time make challenge capagin or again we have same stupid AI like last DLC for Rome II wher AI do nothing,dont improve city,dont make good army,dont defend city-game its too boring and too easy-any chance this time we pay more attention for this aspect?
Apologize for my english -propably im make few(or more) mistakes.

Gretings and wish the best.

Comments

• CnConradCnConrad Senior Member Posts: 3,115Registered Users
    What constitutes a TW veteran?

Shogun 2 battles were very fast.
    Rome 1 battles were very fast.

Warhammer 2 battles are pretty slow compared to both of them.
  • MemnonMemnon Senior Member Posts: 576Registered Users
    edited January 2018
    Rome 1 was more slowly than Shogun II-something between Medieval II and Shogun II will be perfect.
    And the best choice -TWO opiton .

Btw @CnConrad call veteran TW myself-im play from Shogun I:).
    Gretings
  • FranzSaxonFranzSaxon Posts: 2,357Registered Users
    Agreed. Please sieges and slower battles..Ive actually sadly resorted to modding out ALL morale so soldiers fight to the death, just so battles are slower. This takes away a huge strategic and realistic part of battles but I had to do it.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,323Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Moving. This is a feedback topic.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • TsiarTsiar Posts: 285Registered Users
    Memnon said:

Rome 1 was more slowly than Shogun II-something between Medieval II and Shogun II will be perfect.
    And the best choice -TWO opiton .

Btw @CnConrad call veteran TW myself-im play from Shogun I:).
    Gretings

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 19,630Registered Users
    edited January 2018
    Memnon said:

Rome 1 was more slowly than Shogun II-s

Actually, chainroutes were very frequent in Rome1, moreso than in S2. What made the battles longer was that the battle only ended when one side had completely left the map since there was no distinct "shattered" status until Empire. So it was a 10-second clash with a ten minute mop-up.

Except for siege assaults where the defender had unlimited morale and every single defender had to die.

• BierTempelierBierTempelier Posts: 198Registered Users
    @Memnon / @Jack_Lusted_CA .

Can we indeed do something about the quick paced battles ? Can CA invest in an in-game option that allows slower battles ? Maybe look at the many MODs for inspiration (reduce hit chance, alter morale, reduce movement & hit rate,...) OR simply allow to play the game at slowmotion yet adapt sound and animations so that you don't have the feeling that you are stuck in 'The Matrix'...
  • VacmidvalleyVacmidvalley Posts: 186Registered Users
    Battles need to last longer. So give all units increased HP.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file