Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Future Total War Saga Titles

KwistKwist Posts: 39Registered Users
edited August 2018 in Total War General Chat

I think that it would be a great idea to make a game about English Civil War with Olivier Cromwell https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_Civil_War. This period has a lot of potential, and unfortunately there are few games about this century. If this game would be good, maybe there would be a chance for a big Total War game in the time of 1492-1699.

I hope to see battle like this in the game!

Another good idea is game about Wars of the Roses in the end of the Middle Ages. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wars_of_the_Roses

Third idea to game about Renaissance Italian Wars. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_Wars

What do you think about it? :)

Comments

• BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 35,980Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Moved to Total War General Chat as this is about requests for future games not comments about the current one.

You could almost do a separate series on British civil wars if you add in the Anarchy, the Jacobite rebellions, the Monmouth rebellion, and various Irish rebellions on top of the Wars of the Roses and Parliamentary war. you could even throw in Perkin Warbeck and any number of peasants revolts.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • daelin4daelin4 Senior Member Posts: 16,199Registered Users
    Given that Thrones is about Britain, I'd think they'd best look at another theme.

Corrected action is the most sincere form of apology.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,574Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    I agree.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 4,036Registered Users
    I'd like to see the wars in Europe, may be one based around the Denmark series 1864, there were some amazing scenes in that.
  • CommisarCommisar Senior Member Posts: 1,206Registered Users
    I doubt we will see either of them. Very few factions and very little diversity between the factions.
    I'd agree if Shogun 2 wasn't one of the most popular - containing almost zero diversity.
    edited August 2018

I'd agree if Shogun 2 wasn't one of the most popular - containing almost zero diversity.

There's even less diversity during these times and no where near the factions.

Plus the civil war infantry can't be covered, the mixed units aren't possible.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,584Registered Users
    jamreal18 said:

Renaissance!

Wouldn't call that a saga title, but hopefully the next full historical setting.
    edited August 2018
    There's even less diversity during these times and no where near the factions.

Plus the civil war infantry can't be covered, the mixed units aren't possible.

No more or no less than Empire, there were a number of countries in Europe at this time and it could be based around the unification of certain countries. Empire and Napoleons diversity came from famous units and advances in technology, from basic rifles, needle guns:

Sabre cavalry, revolver cavalry, riflemen, needle guns, Congreve rockets, Gatling gun, harmonica pistol, chain rifle, Maxim gun.

Again as I said there are plenty of options and I'm pretty sure Fall of the Samurai worked well using new/modern rifles and tech.

I wasn't really talking about the ACW, plus looking at the feedback from the latest 3 Kingdoms release it looks like there could be mixed units. Just because something's not been done, doesn't mean it won't happen.
  • FossowayFossoway Posts: 2,170Registered Users
    If we talk about a zoomed-in, intense and maybe lesser-known battlefield, I'd say the teutonic wars would be an amazing setting for a saga game. I know we've had it as DLC in Medieval 2, but that's very old. A remake with current tech would be incredible.
    I agree with that, I thought the Teutonic knights looked pretty good in MTW2, I think they'd look great with the new engine.

No more or no less than Empire, there were a number of countries in Europe at this time and it could be based around the unification of certain countries. Empire and Napoleons diversity came from famous units and advances in technology, from basic rifles, needle guns:

Sabre cavalry, revolver cavalry, riflemen, needle guns, Congreve rockets, Gatling gun, harmonica pistol, chain rifle, Maxim gun.

Again as I said there are plenty of options and I'm pretty sure Fall of the Samurai worked well using new/modern rifles and tech.

I wasn't really talking about the ACW, plus looking at the feedback from the latest 3 Kingdoms release it looks like there could be mixed units. Just because something's not been done, doesn't mean it won't happen.

No, there's far more diversity for those games. There's far more diversity like you list for Empire/Napoleon. The ECW was very limited with it being just a single nation over a smaller time frame. Infantry tech wasn't changing much in England at that time. You in effect start Empire with more choice than you get in the ECW. Infantry weapons being musket, pike and grenades. Officers getting swords and pistols. Royalists could also get longbow men.

War of the Roses limited as well and wouldn't even fit the campaign design of Total War, there's no city battles. It's not empire vs empire but a rebel army vs king. Work as a historical battle for a medieval TW but not really a fun campaign.
    What's the ECW? Do you mean the English Civil War? I wasn't talking about that - I was talking about unification Wars of Europe from 1864 onwards - which had equal diversity because of the new tech.
  • VoteSpartanTW2VoteSpartanTW2 Posts: 7Registered Users
    I would like to have a Spartan Total War 2! After 13 years of waiting that would be so awesome to get a new one with better graphics and everything!
  • daelin4daelin4 Senior Member Posts: 16,199Registered Users
    If they want to feature new naval battle mechanics and such, maybe something like a map featuring Sicily, Corsica, coast of Italy, in the medieval period where they had to use galleys and sailing ships. The land exists mostly as a base of operations so land battles would be a minor element, whereas the meat of the fighting is done through revamp naval battle design.
    Great way to showcase new methods of playing naval battles in Total War, with the clear indication that you're buying the game to do just that.

Corrected action is the most sincere form of apology.
    edited August 2018

What's the ECW? Do you mean the English Civil War? I wasn't talking about that - I was talking about unification Wars of Europe from 1864 onwards - which had equal diversity because of the new tech.

The discussion was on the English Civil war and War of the Roses, that's what you quoted me on.

I don't think the German unification really works for a Tw/Saga title, seems the main states would be hard to do and the other nations would be rather limiting.
    daelin4 said:

If they want to feature new naval battle mechanics and such, maybe something like a map featuring Sicily, Corsica, coast of Italy, in the medieval period where they had to use galleys and sailing ships. The land exists mostly as a base of operations so land battles would be a minor element, whereas the meat of the fighting is done through revamp naval battle design.
    Great way to showcase new methods of playing naval battles in Total War, with the clear indication that you're buying the game to do just that.

Seems CA doesn't want to do naval combat these days.
    I'd like to see the wars in Europe, may be one based around the Denmark series 1864, there were some amazing scenes in that.

This was my first post. The ECW did not happen in 1864 so I took it for granted people knew I was describing something different. It could be based on the Wars between France, Prussia, Austria, Piedmont, Italian States. No I don't think this would be difficult as they've done something similar before.

This was my first post. The ECW did not happen in 1864 so I took it for granted people knew I was describing something different. It could be based on the Wars between France, Prussia, Austria, Piedmont, Italian States. No I don't think this would be difficult as they've done something similar before.

And the third quotes me replying to the original post.

They haven't done any games similar to the German unification.
    Well they've done a European map before with gunpowder units. The unification wars involved Denmark, Prussia, Austria, France, Piedmont etc. I think it would be pretty easy for CA to do something around this period, as the units would be similar to those in Fall of the Samurai.

Third idea to game about Renaissance Italian Wars. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_Wars

I think this one could be interesting.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,584Registered Users