Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Malekith's Gorget disappearing

VorturiusVorturius Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello all, in battle during the campaign Malekiths Gorget(neck armour) vanishes when he gets blood on him. This causes a strange and unsightly pink neck and inner shoulder area to appear. This happens with and without mods enabled. I have attached some screenshots showing the visual bug.

Comments

• VorturiusVorturius Registered Users Posts: 5
    Have had a modder friend look into the files and he can't find anything that might be causing it. Please look into this CA, it may seem like a small thing, but it really destroys any immersion when his gorget which is riveted and welded to his flesh like the rest of the Armour of Midnight just vanishes.
  • NeorasNeoras Registered Users Posts: 67
    I checked it and this issue does not occur with me. Adds screen. Maybe you have a mod who does it. Some mods require you to upload the file to the game folder, they are often graphic mods and to remove them you have to delete this file from the folder. Alternatively, check the Coherence of files in the game by steam. As if what I checked on the beta version of the game...

Neoras said:

I checked it and this issue does not occur with me. Adds screen. Maybe you have a mod who does it. Some mods require you to upload the file to the game folder, they are often graphic mods and to remove them you have to delete this file from the folder. Alternatively, check the Coherence of files in the game by steam. As if what I checked on the beta version of the game...

It doesn't do it every battle, it seems to do it only when a certain blood splatter affects his gorget and it was doing it before I had any mods at all, it began with the Blood pack DLC thing. But to make sure I shall go and delete all the mods I have from the folder and re-verify my game, if it still does it I shall add the new SS's here. If it nolonger does it, I shall of course post and apologise for wasting CA's time.
    @Vorturius Maybe you're right. But how do you delete all mods (remember that after changing the steam policy, some of the mods are in the workshop steam folder. Not only in the "data" folder), check the integrity of the game files before the test.
    @Neoras I cleared out the workshop folder and the data folder and checked the integrity, it still did it. I did a complete reinstall of the game and it still did it. I installed the game on my brothers laptop and tested it and it still did it. A few people I have spoken to have checked and it happens for them as well on some occasions. It seems to be more a specific blood pattern that affects Malekith that causes it to disappear as sometimes the gorget remains just fine and gets the blood on it.
    edited August 2018
    @Vorturius

Do you have in Graphics settings enabled?:
    1. Textures on ULTRA
    2. Texture Filtering - 16 x anisotropy

These two options slightly affect performance (especially the first one). They are very important for correct displaying textures and color correction of textures in games.

Turn on the "quality of models" at ULTRA

Try on these settings...

Also install this mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1143181517

It will allow you to get closer to units.
    Also, disable "Blur proximity" in the settings.
    Remember that if you press "N" on the battle map, you will also do a big close-up.
    You can adjust the zoom by scrolling the mouse or move it by clicking and holding the mouse scroll.

If the problem persisted, make a few screens up close.
    edited August 2018
    No Important, ignore what I wrote earlier. After I tried many times and finally saw this problem.
    Here is screens:

Surely, the creators will not notice it now. At the next addition to the game, I will again create a movie presenting such issues. And then I will present the problem.
    Here is a link to the previous topic and the movie that I created:
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/221985/extension-of-the-list-list-of-25-issues-very-well-presented-27-06-2018#latest
    Awesome thanks for your help and your attempts to replicate the problem without simply giving up on it and me. :) I shall watch your video this evening.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file