Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Allegiance Update and Blood, Sweat and Spears

CA_EllaCA_Ella Posts: 320Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team

The Thrones of Britannia Allegiance Update goes live tomorrow at 15:00 BST along with Blood, Sweat and Spears. Want to know what time that is for you? Click here to find out: https://bit.ly/2MXTfiD

If you want to find out all the dirty details about what's included in this update, head over to the Total War blog: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/thrones-of-britannia-allegiance-update

Comments

• MrMecHMrMecH Posts: 2,145Registered Users
    No Blood Sweat and Spear Official Trailer???
    SHUT UP GIVE US GHORGON!!!!!

• FossowayFossoway Posts: 2,414Registered Users
    MrMecH said:

No Blood Sweat and Spear Official Trailer???

Hopefully tomorrow. We still haven't seen a Viking Sea Kings trailer. I hope we'll see Bardr in action.
  • totalromefantotalromefan Senior Member Posts: 526Registered Users
    great update
  • InocybeInocybe Posts: 144Registered Users
    Legitimacy: natural decline occurs if the player is at war and not doing anything to change Legitimacy
    That's great ! If there is no war, legitimacy won't drop
    Since War Fervour is removed, are you going to update or remove the achievements that are dependant on it? There are a couple of them (I hope I didn't miss any):

A Taste For War: playing as any faction, complete the main campaign without reaching -12 war fervour.

Balance of Power: playing as any faction, complete the main campaign and reach max war fervour.

I've read the blog, but I've seen no mention of those achievements in the list :/
  • alstlalstl Member Posts: 314Registered Users
    I'm glad to see war fervor removed. It was somewhat realistic as war fatigue is a reality but at the same time it was overdone and had too much of an impact on the game.

Is this a free update? If not how much is it?
  • OwlcoholicGamingOwlcoholicGaming Senior Member Posts: 394Registered Users
    Couldn't see any mention of the Assembly Kit. It was included in the beta branch for a few hours then was removed to get fixed, any idea when it will be ready? Larger more ambitious mods will come with the Assembly Kit and that will definitely draw more attention to this title. Really hope the release is soon
    He that fights and runs away, May turn and fight another Day; But he that is in Battle slain, Will never rise to fight again.
  • the_real_weedthe_real_weed Member Posts: 238Registered Users
    I´m happy with all these changes. I hope that the fact that ToB don´t get so much positive reception don´t affect future Saga / Era titles. It would be very boring if all TW Games only distinguish in their setting. ToB was to simple in many aspects but it has a great atmosphere and makes fun. Just keep the Family Tree ;).

Maybe you can build medival 3 in some time in the future with all the response you get from your latest titles and it becomes the best TW up to this point.

I will start playing ToB again after full release.
  • Jack_Lusted_CAJack_Lusted_CA Creative Assembly Brighton, UKPosts: 1,346Registered Users, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    Fossoway said:

Since War Fervour is removed, are you going to update or remove the achievements that are dependant on it? There are a couple of them (I hope I didn't miss any):

A Taste For War: playing as any faction, complete the main campaign without reaching -12 war fervour.

Balance of Power: playing as any faction, complete the main campaign and reach max war fervour.

I've read the blog, but I've seen no mention of those achievements in the list :/

The descriptions of the achievements is being updated to reflect the fact they can no longer be gained.
    alstl said:

I'm glad to see war fervor removed. It was somewhat realistic as war fatigue is a reality but at the same time it was overdone and had too much of an impact on the game.

The Allegiance update is free to all. Blood, Sweat, and Spears is free if you already own Blood & Burning for Total War: Attila.

Couldn't see any mention of the Assembly Kit. It was included in the beta branch for a few hours then was removed to get fixed, any idea when it will be ready? Larger more ambitious mods will come with the Assembly Kit and that will definitely draw more attention to this title. Really hope the release is soon

Yes the Assembly Kit will be out today as well.
    Game Director - Thrones of Britannia

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • Total_War_VeteranTotal_War_Veteran Posts: 446Registered Users
    Considering that the review on steam are not that good, as well with the launch of this new update, do you plan to have a sale ? @Jack_Lusted_CA
    Full support for CA and CA_Ella
    edited August 2018

Fossoway said:

The descriptions of the achievements is being updated to reflect the fact they can no longer be gained.
    alstl said:

The Allegiance update is free to all. Blood, Sweat, and Spears is free if you already own Blood & Burning for Total War: Attila.

WAIT WHAT?!

You mean you're leaving them as is?! But that means you'll no longer be able to 100% complete the game, right? Why on earth would you leave unobtainable achievements in the game? Why keep quiet about this until before launch?!

I hope I am misunderstanding, because right now it feels like a kick to the balls. I couldn't play for the last two months as I left my country for the holidays, and am stuck with a toaster laptop, but I still followed the game avidly for more news. I can't get those achievements before the update goes live, so I'm basically screwed.

You should have updated those achievements to work with the allegiance mechanic, or simply remove them, but leaving them unobtainable is simply the wrong thing to do...
  • MrMecHMrMecH Posts: 2,145Registered Users
    Fossoway said:

Fossoway said:

alstl said:

WAIT WHAT?!

You mean you're leaving them as is?! But that means you'll no longer be able to 100% complete the game, right? Why on earth would you leave unobtainable achievements in the game? Why keep quiet about this until before launch?!

I hope I am misunderstanding, because right now it feels like a kick to the balls. I couldn't play for the last two months as I left my country for the holidays, and am stuck with a toaster laptop, but I still followed the game avidly for more news. I can't get those achievements before the update goes live, so I'm basically screwed.

You should have updated those achievements to work with the allegiance mechanic, or simply remove them, but leaving them unobtainable is simply the wrong thing to do...
    @Jack_Lusted_CA I agree with him. Why don't you remove those achievement?
    SHUT UP GIVE US GHORGON!!!!!

• cabbottcabbott Junior Member Posts: 31Registered Users
    They seem to be set to "INACTIVE", not sure if they work towards the achievement numbers or not, but why keep them?
    MrMecH said:

Fossoway said:

Fossoway said:

alstl said:

WAIT WHAT?!

@Jack_Lusted_CA I agree with him. Why don't you remove those achievement?
    It's even worse than I thought:

A Taste for War - INACTIVE

A Land Fit for Heroes - INACTIVE

Kneel Before Bardr - INACTIVE

Balance of Power - INACTIVE

Green & Peasant Land - INACTIVE

A United Front - INACTIVE

Mycel Haeben Here - INACTIVE

I sure hope that you're planning on updating/removing those, because 7 broken achievements after a single patch, that's not what I was expecting when I bought the game...
  • AstraeusAstraeus Member BrittonisPosts: 362Registered Users
    They are being updated
    I read it to simply mean those cheevos will presently be modifed to something attainable, rather than be discontinued. However, your interpretation could be correct! Isn't the English language wonderful? :/
  • GangrusTheFearedGangrusTheFeared Posts: 4Registered Users
    Where are you linux update?
  • SuliotSuliot Senior Member Posts: 685Registered Users
    That sounds like an amazing update! Looks like my upcoming Sudreyar campaign will be extra hard, since I wanna try and stick with paganism. :smiley:
  • FredrinFredrin Senior Member LondonPosts: 3,012Registered Users
    Looks excellent. Thanks @Jack_Lusted_CA and team for all the work that's gone into it. I got my ass handed to me in a VH campaign in the beta, so it's good to see the difficulty has been re balanced!