Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Shared turn in Co-op campaign

UnseenChaosUnseenChaos Posts: 1Registered Users
One of my favorite things to do while playing Mortal Empires with a friend is to create supporting armies to cover each others weaknesses. For example, my friend and I played a Bretonnia/Empire campaign in which he sent an atillery army to follow my main force while I sent an aerial army to support his. This tactic came with two glaring problems:
1) Due to being turn 1 I was unable to initiate attacks utilizing the support. I would always need to get into position and then have my friend attack, or just group together and hope we got attacked. This wasn't as big of a problem as the second point, but remember he had a support army of only ranged units, so the fact that he was the one that needed to start the attack always put him in danger.
2) Because I could not initiate attacks, I couldn't take cities without my friend first razing it. This was the most annoying part of the game, even if it was a city I needed he would always be the one forced to make the attack.
I believe that a shared turn would easily fix the problem with working together and also make the Co-op campaign ACTUALLY Co-operative, instead of just single player with two people.

Comments

• JonTaunJonTaun Junior Member Posts: 36Registered Users
    WH3 is only going to have a bigger map and more factions. With that will come even longer turn times. CA please make shared turns similar to Civilization 6. In Head to Head you would probably want a army movement/ battle phase but everything besides that should be done simultaneously. Something NEEDS to be done if you seriously intend to have MP Campaigns be a thing.

There is far too much waiting with nothing to do. Building, upgrades, skill points, and anything that doesn't require campaign movement should be simultaneous IMO.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file