Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Game Auto-Minimizing to Desktop

MarcerorMarceror Senior MemberPosts: 540Registered Users
edited August 2018 in General Discussion
Picking up from this thread here.... https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/225124/tob-keeps-jumping-to-desktop#latest

This issue is becoming more persistent for me. Now even with a reboot of my system, the game is minimizing itself seconds after I launch it. And then every couple of minutes afterwards. I have.... many, many, many... many hours clocked in to various
Total War games on this system. I've never seen this before, or with any other game/game series for that matter.

So ToB is causing this. Anyone know why? And how to stop it?
This is not a troll post. Sometimes I make humorous posts. These forums desperately need a bit of humor to contrast all of the angst. Moderators, please do not ban me for making an innocent, humorous post every now and again.

Comments

• MarcerorMarceror Senior Member Posts: 540Registered Users
    This is weird. Switched to windowed mode and back. Seems to be okay again. For now, at least....
    This is not a troll post. Sometimes I make humorous posts. These forums desperately need a bit of humor to contrast all of the angst. Moderators, please do not ban me for making an innocent, humorous post every now and again.
    Bah... and it just happened again. :/
  • Total_War_VeteranTotal_War_Veteran Posts: 446Registered Users
    Did you also running app in the background while playing TOB ?
    Full support for CA and CA_Ella
    No. This seems to be a quirk of ToB itself, since the most recent update. This never happened during my West Seaxe campaign. It's clearly the game, not something I'm doing. It's still happening periodically, but I can usually kill the game and relaunch to work around it.

In the link I put in my OP, another person is/was having the same problem. Wondering what CA included with this update that causes this? :pensive:
  • SolesidesSolesides Posts: 4Registered Users
    Yeah I am currently experiencing this issue as well. The issue never happened to me before the update but now it seems to do it once every 5-10 minutes and it doesn't pause the game when it minimizes so it can be problematic in battles. If anyone has a solution it would be greatly appreciated.
  • cool_ladcool_lad Senior Member IndiaPosts: 2,272Registered Users
    Same here; game minimised to desktop thrice during a single battle. Seriously, it's stuff like this and the audio randomly cutting out that makes me want to uninstall this game, because nothing's fun enough to justify putting up with this sort of annoyance.