Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Crash when asking faction leader to join family

Hey!
In the moment, I play Rise of the Republic as the Sardegnans (Iolaens? I don't know the exact English name!). In that game, a woman who's not member of my family inherited the title of faction leader.
So I fought some battles with a young member of the family till he had enough authority to ask her to join the family as his child.
As I asked her, the game immediately went back to desktop. The fastest game quit I ever saw in any Total War game. I tried to reload the save I did before that and repeated the same action - again, I found myself back at the desktop in a matter of nanoseconds.
Is it a bug? Resulting in something that shouldn't happen (faction leader part of party, but not of family?)
Can I do something about that?

Comments

• RafSwi7RafSwi7 Senior Member Posts: 1,105Registered Users

Can I do something about that?

You should post a save game file. Without it CA won't be able to help you.

Completed ROMEII, ATTILA, THRONES OF BRITANNIA and WARHAMMER campaigns:
    ROMEII
    GC: Ardiaei, Arevaci, Athens, Baktria, Carthage, Cimmeria, Egypt, Epirus, Iceni, Kush, Lusitani, Macedon, Masaesyli, Massagetae, Massalia, Nabatea, Nervii, Odrysian Kingdom, Parthia, Pergamon, Rome, Royal Scythia, Saba, Seleucid, Sparta, Suebi, Syracuse.
    CiG: Arverni, Rome, Suebi.
    HatG: Arevaci, Carthage, Rome, Syracuse.
    IA: Antony's Rome, Dacia, Egypt, Marcomanni, Octavian's Rome, Parthia, Pompey's Rome.
    WoS: Athenai, Boiotian League, Korinthos, Sparta.
    ED: Caledonii, Marcomanni, Palmyra, Rome, Saxoni, The Sassanids.
    RotR: Rome, Samnites, Syracuse, Taras, Tarchuna.
    ATTILA
    GC: Alans, Eastern Roman Empire, Franks, Geats, Himyar, Jutes, Ostrogoths, Saxons, Venedians.
    TLR: Roman Expedition, Visigothic Kingdom.
    AoC: Kingdom of Asturias, Kingdom of Charlemagne, Kingdom of the Danes, Kingdom of Mercia.
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    Gwined, Northumbria, Sudreyar, West Seaxe.
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2
    Argwylon, Bretonnia, Carcassonne, Clan Angrund, Clan Skryre, Last Defenders, Nagarythe, Norsca, The Blessed Dread, The Empire, Von Carstein.