Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Fix the politics system

SimusMagnusSimusMagnus Junior MemberPosts: 4Registered Users
Just had a fun campaign as Dyflin ruined because of the politics system. I was playing on easy and won every battle. I had roughly about 2000 income. It should be enough. I was swarmed by civil wars because their loyalty dropped too fast and my influence got drained. Anyone having the same problem? I wish the game had Attila's influence system. Otherwise, great game!

Comments

• azitraxazitrax Posts: 116Registered Users
    As Dyflin, unless you convert to Christianity you will have problems with Usurper Allegiance. Pagan is a faction-wide Usurper Allegiance buff. You can you use priest followers to attempt to mitigate it, but I have found in the long run it is easier to convert.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 21,294Registered Users

Just had a fun campaign as Dyflin ruined because of the politics system. I was playing on easy and won every battle. I had roughly about 2000 income. It should be enough. I was swarmed by civil wars because their loyalty dropped too fast and my influence got drained. Anyone having the same problem? I wish the game had Attila's influence system. Otherwise, great game!

This is not a bug in need of fixing. This is you not understanding the game mechanics.
  • InocybeInocybe Posts: 144Registered Users

This is not a bug in need of fixing. This is you not understanding the game mechanics.
    Agreed. Everything is working as intended.
  • walterkanewalterkane Senior Member Posts: 449Registered Users
    if anything the system is too passive in my opinion. I haven't even been close to a civil war for the past 100 hours. once you realize how to play the sytstem it gets to easy in my opinion
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 2,503Registered Users

To be honest, if you're playing on easy difficulty with 2000+ income and you're still getting swarmed by civil wars, then really that's just down to you not knowing how the system works or not paying any attention to character management. There's nothing wrong with the system and it's not hard to figure out.
  • sunshinetroopersunshinetrooper Posts: 68Registered Users
    As other posters have said, this appears to be an issue with your understanding of the mechanics. Would you like some help, got any questions? The game is a lot more rewarding once you have a firmer grasp of the mechanics, so I'm certainly willing to help you get there.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,771Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Might help the OP if the folks telling the OP he/she doesn't understand how to play the game in the scanario laid out what the other action choices might be to be successful. Restating the obvious dosn't do anyone any good, isn't helpful and, frankly, kind of insulting.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 21,294Registered Users
    The problem seems to be that OP is utterly unconcerned about loyalty until the characters cause trouble. That's a simple L2P issue.