Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Do you think CA will add some missing units with updates or FLC in the future?

2»

Comments

• ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 33,538
    Xenos7 said:

Ludbone said:

If it's a simple reskin like the giant slayers, then maybe. Anything else, no, I don't expect anything like that. WoC might get an update with game 3 when Chaos gets more fleshed out, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that either anymore.

So something like black orcs with shields? Maybe. Jabberslythe? No.

I can't wait to see CA saying that the Old World faction update took 5 months of waiting due to the amount of work behind Black Orcs with shields, lol.

Seriously...a single average modder can do it in what? 5 minutes?
    The average modder absolutely sucks at balancing units. I rag on CA for balance gaffes, but they're still miles ahead of the crimes against game design modders inflict on the playerbase. For this reason I avoid any and all mods that expand rosters because the track record is so abysmal.

What you get for 5 minutes of work is absolutely only worth those 5 minutes.

Explain me how the Black Orcs with shields aren't balanced in SFO 2, for example, instead of shooting at the crowd.
    Explain to me how they are.

Nothing in SFO is balanced. They came out and admitted their goal isn't balance but "fun". I have no fun with imbalanced messes so I'm skipping their content with the widest berth.

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 29,168
    The few modded units I've seen have been quite badly unbalanced.

I much prefer CA handling that, they do a much better job of it. Hence why I don't use modded units.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"Under construction" - Becky, daughter of Guanyin.

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name

• Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 7,014

Xenos7 said:

Ludbone said:

If it's a simple reskin like the giant slayers, then maybe. Anything else, no, I don't expect anything like that. WoC might get an update with game 3 when Chaos gets more fleshed out, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that either anymore.

So something like black orcs with shields? Maybe. Jabberslythe? No.

I can't wait to see CA saying that the Old World faction update took 5 months of waiting due to the amount of work behind Black Orcs with shields, lol.

Seriously...a single average modder can do it in what? 5 minutes?
    The average modder absolutely sucks at balancing units. I rag on CA for balance gaffes, but they're still miles ahead of the crimes against game design modders inflict on the playerbase. For this reason I avoid any and all mods that expand rosters because the track record is so abysmal.

What you get for 5 minutes of work is absolutely only worth those 5 minutes.

Explain me how the Black Orcs with shields aren't balanced in SFO 2, for example, instead of shooting at the crowd.
    Explain to me how they are.
    I don't know how epistemology works for you, but around here the burden of proof rests on the claimant.

Nothing in SFO is balanced. They came out and admitted their goal isn't balance but "fun". I have no fun with imbalanced messes so I'm skipping their content with the widest berth.

Never read that. I wish it was that way because I case jack **** about "balance", but they continuously adjust stats, making it impossible to mod in additional units. They even have tournaments.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 22,162
    Side conversation removed. Discuss the thread topic not the persona.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.