Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

How the WH2 fans will react if the Campaign Pack will be postponed to "TBA = to be announced" 2019?

Chocolate_RainChocolate_Rain Registered Users Posts: 1,057
edited September 2018 in General Discussion
Which also means that Skaven vs Lizardmen Lord Pack will be postponed...and surprise! 3 Kingdoms is the CA-game-king of the 2019...at least till july.

Tagged:

Comments

• KouranKouran Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 113
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 7,315
    Bit of an odd thread, has there been any indication of a delay?

Depends if there's no patch. Not invested in any of the likely CP factions, but there are bugs I most certainly want fixed.
    For in spite of all temptations. To belong to other nations. He remains an Englishman.
  • DerpyRoxasDerpyRoxas Registered Users Posts: 3,348
    I think that the drama is quite... a bit over the edge.
    Or it's me that I'm more light-hearted and optimist by nature in this period.
  • Chocolate_RainChocolate_Rain Registered Users Posts: 1,057
    edited September 2018
    Arsenic said:

Depends if there's no patch. Not invested in any of the likely CP factions, but there are bugs I most certainly want fixed.

Just a question for a possible future. Nothing confirmed, just asking.

And without any single Patch.
  • NemoxNemox Registered Users Posts: 2,901
    I took a short break from anything TW related. Felt good, but I am disappointed that nothing has changed really. Game 1 was leaps and bounds more exciting for me even if Game 2 is, for all intents and purposes, a better game.
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 7,315

Arsenic said:

Just a question for a possible future. Nothing confirmed, just asking.

And without any single Patch.
    A roll of the eyeballs, a short laugh, and the words "Oh for the love of Christ..".

As I'm not buying the CP anyway, I can hardly protest with my wallet, so that's all I can do.
    For in spite of all temptations. To belong to other nations. He remains an Englishman.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 34,620
    How would they react? With salt and anger.

Lets not dwell on hypotheticals that only drum up anger though.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

#JusticeForCathay

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor

• Chocolate_RainChocolate_Rain Registered Users Posts: 1,057
    It's also funny because, as someone else said on another thread:

Isn't TW:WH2 the best and most popular TW game so far, basing on CA recent poll on the social networks?
    Didn't TW:WH "saved" the franchise? Ok, maybe the word "saved" isn't completely correct...but TW:WH literally sold 1.5 million of copies the first days of its release.
    It's stated on several sites that TW:WH is their most sold TW game ever during the first days of release!

Seems like they're trying to kill the game in order to move WH fans to their Hystorical Titles.
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 15,705
    Oh for crying out loud.

If they have to do it, then they should delay it. I want good content.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -New Rules: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287645/new-forum-rules#latest
    -Rules FAQ: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287650/total-war-forum-faq#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 7,670
    I'm quite sure it will be delayed, as of now.
    Xenos7 said:

That's the panic talking. I'm fairly confident we will get the Campaign Pack this year.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -New Rules: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287645/new-forum-rules#latest
    -Rules FAQ: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287650/total-war-forum-faq#latest
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • sieahsieah Registered Users Posts: 1,051
    I mean isnt it like errrm already pretty obvious 2018 is all about boring historical titles from now on?
    Vanilla Gorilla remind me why i should adore Creative Assembly, it gets harder every day to remember that.
    Which CA game is getting more content this year than TWW2? And by how much?
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 34,620
    Canuovea said:

Which CA game is getting more content this year than TWW2? And by how much?

Better yet what's gotten more love than Warhammer period?

At some point it needs to be okay for historical fans to get just a little attention.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

#JusticeForCathay

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor

• vintagepurplevintagepurple Registered Users Posts: 817

Isn't TW:WH2 the best and most popular TW game so far, basing on CA recent poll on the social networks?
    Didn't TW:WH "saved" the franchise? Ok, maybe the word "saved" isn't completely correct...but TW:WH literally sold 1.5 million of copies the first days of its release.
    It's stated on several sites that TW:WH is their most sold TW game ever during the first days of release!

Seems like they're trying to kill the game in order to move WH fans to their Hystorical Titles.

Historical fans cry the exact same crap about Warhammer.

What a toxic community.
  • neverendingneverending Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,922

What a toxic community.
    Unfortunately I don't htink it'll really get better since there's too many that only exclusively play either, and you get blame games like above. I do think there's possibly some truth to the accusations in either direction, but it's not like CA/SEGA is going to tell the public how things are playing out internally, even if they're aware of whatever such things are.
    5900x @ stock , 4x8gb 3600mhz 14-16-16-36
    ASUS TUF 3080 12 GB
    4TB Sabrent NVMe SSD PCIe 4.0 w/ Windows 10 Pro 64bit
  • Michael4537Michael4537 Registered Users Posts: 2,377
    I'm on a bit of a Total War hiatus right now, and it would probably just continue until the new stuff was announced. I likely start playing again then.

If CA delays it and delivers an amazing DLC, I would be OK.
  • SbygneusSbygneus Registered Users Posts: 995
    I don't know how other forum members would react but I would be banned for sure.
  • DerpyRoxasDerpyRoxas Registered Users Posts: 3,348

What a toxic community.
    WH fans are better. I have enough of the italian Total War community which was on the level " We go to your house and kill you if you say WH is a great setting for Total War"

Sad truth: Historical community is ****** up.
  • SephlockSephlock Registered Users Posts: 2,819
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,482
    edited September 2018
    Nemox said:

I took a short break from anything TW related. Felt good, but I am disappointed that nothing has changed really. Game 1 was leaps and bounds more exciting for me even if Game 2 is, for all intents and purposes, a better game.

Well said.

In the middle of a TW break myself and having the same kind of feelings. Starting to get the same feeling I did when Rome 2 got dropped for Attila when Rome 2 obviously still needed work. This has been kind of a pattern since Empire/Napoleon, though. Getting really tired of dropped content.

Unless there's one hell of a resurgence for TWWH2 that gives it its due, I think I'll be done with Total War all together. You could say I'm at loyalty = 1 at this point.

So how bout you come and bribe be back into loyalty with some shinies and victory, CA?

ToB was a pointless flop that I already bought once as Attila DLC (age of charlemagne). 3K is a poorly wrought fantasy-hybrid that poos all over history. No thanks. And both games take place in too small a scale for me to really get excited for. So... what else do I have to hope for other than more TWWH stuff? Nothing. Since they're hell-bent on never making a Medieval 3.
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,787
    I guess I don't understand why the OP is phrased as a question. As if there is a pool of multiple, realistic, fan responses?

"Fans might be patient, understanding, and not rage about the delay...."

Yeah^^ right after Bill Gates adds me to his will.

You know perfectly damn well how fans would respond to a delay, and it wouldn't be positive. Why ask such a silly question?

Especially since there are still 3+ months! Like if it was December 15th, and still no news, yeah, I'd be nervous too.

But there is plenty of time as of right now.

Additionally, CA never promised any news in September. Fans have been reacting like no news in September has violated some sort of preexisting promise and now they're behind.

When in truth, September release/news expectations were unrealistic/unfounded beliefs that some fans deluded into themselves.
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 7,670
    Canuovea said:

Xenos7 said:

That's the panic talking. I'm fairly confident we will get the Campaign Pack this year.
    Panic? I don't panic over videogames. It's just that I don't see any real interest or enthusiasm anymore from CA, so I don't expect them to be on schedule.
    Xenos7 said:

Canuovea said:

Xenos7 said:

Panic? I don't panic over videogames. It's just that I don't see any real interest or enthusiasm anymore from CA, so I don't expect them to be on schedule.
    That's an assumption, we don't know how they feel really. Just because you don't see things doesn't mean they're not interested.

And while it might not be your panic, it is the general attitude of panic that seems to be getting people to make these kind of assumptions.
  • Canuovea said:

Xenos7 said:

Same.
  • AwesomeLionAwesomeLion Member Registered Users Posts: 1,281
    Grace_CA said:

Canuovea said:

Xenos7 said:

Same.
    OMG! I'm going to feel so incredibly sorry for you if by some incredibly unlucky circumstance the DLC ends up being delayed x3
    Total War: Warhammer <3
  • SephlockSephlock Registered Users Posts: 2,819
    Grace_CA said:

Canuovea said:

Xenos7 said:

Same.
    But which race will it feature?
  • KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 2,464
    I would just be disappointed I guess. At the end of the day CA already dissappointed their WH community, so some more dissappointment is to be expected. That being said, if their majestic plan is to make me buy 3K+Rome 2 DLCs , I am going to have the last laugh. I heard Stellaris might have a new DLC +CK2 as well, so guess where my money will be going.

That's right, not CA.