Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

King Arthur DLC or a Mod.

Jim1974Jim1974 MemberRegistered Users Posts: 81
This would be so easy to do using units from Rome, Atilla and Britania. You got King Arthur starting down in Cornwall. You could have Welsh and Celtic factions. There's the Angels, Saxons and Jutes who could all be down the East Coast. Scottish and Irish factions. You could even then have the Sea born Invaders as a Roman faction trying to reclaim the British Isles after their withdrawal.

Comments

• kinjokinjo Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,610
    edited September 2018
    In therory yes, but nothing is easy to mod in Total War. This would take a dedcated team months to complete depending on the level of detail.
    Post edited by kinjo on
  • MattzoMattzo Member United KingdomRegistered Users Posts: 1,433
    I could totally get behind a King Arthur DLC.

Assassin's Creed Origins is 'historical' (you know what I mean), but had a DLC that was entirely based upon ancient Egyptian myths.

I personally think I'd get a lot of fun from a DLC that did something similar with the Arthurian myths.
    "Everything in war is simple. But the simplest thing is difficult."
  • billybob1billybob1 Registered Users Posts: 44
    Thrones of Britannia: Red Alert..
    You travel back in time to save King Arthur..
    With that sort of fable based fiction it could even be a fictional style total war game, or have Warhammer like mechanics.
  • slapnut1207slapnut1207 Registered Users Posts: 678
    I would like a King Authur dlc that is fictional but in a historically accurate setting. With the Romanized citizens of Britannia using Roman armor and weapons.
    In Hoc Signo Vinces

• tak22tak22 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,386
    I'd very much like post-roman Britain - either 'Arthurian' period, or possibly a little later, with timing that could have the end game around the time period of Catraeth.

I wouldn't want it fictionalized, though. There are enough hints about historical figures in the period that I'd rather go with that. And the debate over who/whether there was an Arthur could be a good framework for the game, with Roman/British factions trying to 'become' dux of Britain and thus be 'Arthur' for that game. On the Saxon side, the formation of a 'Pendragon' alliance led by the largest British faction could be an end-game event, whereas for the British factions it could be the division of the alliance into 2-4 factions with renewed Saxon aggression.
    edited September 2018
    tak22 said:

I'd very much like post-roman Britain - either 'Arthurian' period, or possibly a little later, with timing that could have the end game around the time period of Catraeth.

I wouldn't want it fictionalized, though. There are enough hints about historical figures in the period that I'd rather go with that. And the debate over who/whether there was an Arthur could be a good framework for the game, with Roman/British factions trying to 'become' dux of Britain and thus be 'Arthur' for that game. On the Saxon side, the formation of a 'Pendragon' alliance led by the largest British faction could be an end-game event, whereas for the British factions it could be the division of the alliance into 2-4 factions with renewed Saxon aggression.

By fictional, i meant that a dlc that tries to use every available source to make the dlc historical as possible but with some fiction elements to fill in any gap.
    In Hoc Signo Vinces

tak22 said:

By fictional, i meant that a dlc that tries to use every available source to make the dlc historical as possible but with some fiction elements to fill in any gap.
    Right, but what I'm saying is that the gaps are the ideal spots for the TW 'sandbox' to take over.
  • norseaxenorseaxe Registered Users Posts: 402
    The conquest of henquist and horsa. You can play Saxons or Romanized britains or celts.
    tak22 said:

tak22 said:

Right, but what I'm saying is that the gaps are the ideal spots for the TW 'sandbox' to take over.
    What I actually meant by gaps, I mean the names of certain Roman officials and the fact that we have barely any information of the tribes in Hibernia during antiquity.
    In Hoc Signo Vinces

tak22 said:

tak22 said:

What I actually meant by gaps, I mean the names of certain Roman officials and the fact that we have barely any information of the tribes in Hibernia during antiquity.
    Names of a lot of officials are semi-random in a lot of TW anyways. But yes, there'd have to be some 'creative interpretation' of available history at a number of points. I tend to think of that 'filling in the gaps as best we can given the records available' as being more historical conjecture than fiction, though.