Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Legendary Lords for Tilea, Estalia, Border Princes and Araby?

2»

Comments

• HisShadowBGHisShadowBG Registered Users Posts: 3,409
    Francis said:

Marco Colombo is long dead. Borgio died the year after Franz was crowned (as I recently found out) so he is good to go, and Lucrezzia would be great. I would also recommend Lorenzo Lupo, Ragged Rico, Rodrigo Delmonte, and ofc Fernado Pirazzo!

Lucrezzia Belladona's name makes me chuckle every time for some reason

She had fought beside Aenarion in the days of her youth, killing daemons, slaughtering the enemies of her people with wild abandon. She had cast spells and brewed poisons and worked out battle strategies for his armies. She had used her gift of visions to grant the elves victories innumerable.

The so-called high elves had forgotten that now, preferring to cast her as the villain in the simple-minded morality plays they so enjoyed since her son had sundered the realm. They had no idea what it had cost to win those battles back when all thought the world was ending, or the price she had paid for victory.
  • Mohawk_RoshiMohawk_Roshi Registered Users Posts: 1,764
    GOTTA GO WITH BORGIO!!!!!! The greatest General ever produced by Tilea and seeing as Tilea is in a constant state of city state infighting that's saying something

Also should mention Lietpold the Black Carl Carlsson and Morgan Bernhardt.
    A WIZARD SHOULD KNOW BETTER!
  • boyfightsboyfights Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,023
    borgio was always my second favourite dogs of war general after ghazak khan, that cannonball mace :kissing:
    boyfights you are always here to confirmate every spark of originality
    or reason burns or acid bruises anyone,
    stop your gladiator love for agressions.
  • FrancisFrancis Member Registered Users Posts: 505
    edited April 2017
    boyfights said:

borgio was always my second favourite dogs of war general after ghazak khan, that cannonball mace :kissing:

Yeah, and the best thing about it is that it is made from a cannonball that actually hit him in the chest but didn't kill him. He "took it on the chest" so to speak.

The manliest of men.
    Post edited by Francis on
    Francis said:

boyfights said:

Yeah, and the best thing about it is that it is mad from a cannonball that actually hit him in the chest but didn't kill him. He "took it on the chest" so to speak.

The manliest of men.
    Truth! Borgio is literally Warhammers Dos Equis guy and we need him. Especially after your discovery that hes definitely not dead. Ghazak Khan is awesome too I didn't know he was a LL though. Hopefully he comes with Hobgoblins in Game 3
  • boyfightsboyfights Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,023
    Francis said:

boyfights said:

Yeah, and the best thing about it is that it is mad from a cannonball that actually hit him in the chest but didn't kill him. He "took it on the chest" so to speak.

The manliest of men.
    It's been a while and I don't have my books with me but if I'm remembering right it did as much damage when he swung it as a cannon shot too B)
    boyfights you are always here to confirmate every spark of originality
    or reason burns or acid bruises anyone,
    stop your gladiator love for agressions.
  • DimitryDimitry Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 318
    AJH1987 said:

I don't know why they would bother.

Just put the Empire there instead. Empire and Bretonnia are the major human factions. You might get Kislev at some point, as they were playable once upon a time, albeit as a sub faction of the Empire.

Araby, Estalia, Tilea and any of the others? A massive meh. They don't have any significant lore, so why bother.

If you just want something that resembles a historic human faction, just play a historic game!

Because of flavor ?
    Becauseit makes more sense it looks much better than just haing copy pasted Imperial troops ?
    Dimitry said:

AJH1987 said:

Just put the Empire there instead. Empire and Bretonnia are the major human factions. You might get Kislev at some point, as they were playable once upon a time, albeit as a sub faction of the Empire.

Araby, Estalia, Tilea and any of the others? A massive meh. They don't have any significant lore, so why bother.

If you just want something that resembles a historic human faction, just play a historic game!

Because of flavor ?
    Becauseit makes more sense it looks much better than just haing copy pasted Imperial troops ?
    Couldn't agree some people can't see beyond their own preferences to realize allowing others to give their input may enrich the experience
  • NazredNazred Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 980
    edited April 2017
    What was the name of the araby sultan-sorceror who was killed in the bretonnia crusades? He could be an awesome LL. It was stated that most sultans let their viziers lead in battle but not him. He lead his armies himself, also he had some good relations with the skaven that coukd be inplemented in the campaign.
    Post edited by Nazred on
    Nazred said:

What was the name of the araby sultan-sorceror who was killed in the bretonnia crusades? He could be an awesome LL. It was stated that most sultans let their viziers lead in battle but not him. He lead his armies himself, also he had some good relations with the skaven that coukd be inplemented in the campaign.

Oh godess, I just remembered his name. It's Sultan Jaffar...
    Francis said:

Nazred said:

And as he died a very long time ago, including him would be pushing it in my view. I would much prefer Mydas the Mean and Sheik Yadosh.
  • Lord_XelosLord_Xelos Registered Users Posts: 1,806
    edited April 2017
    AJH1987 said:

Yeah, another person speaking without any knowledge to back his claims.

Newsflash: Dogs of War (which geographically speaking are the armies of Tilea and Estalia, as they don't raise regular armies but instead every merchant lord have his own mercenary army) is a major Warhammer Fantasy Battles faction. Fully fledged, with armybook (from 5th edition - in comparison brettonia is 6th edition) and quite a bit of lore surrounding them (including regular paperback story books).

As for Araby: lore is indeed sparse (although existent) but still they got full armylist in Warmaster (bigger scaled spin-off game of WFB). Photos of Araby army are already provided in this topic so I'm not going to bother.

To the main subject though. Most likely LL's are in my opinion:
    - Lucrezzia Belladonna (general leader),
    - Leonardo da Miragliano (general leader),
    - Marco Colombo (new world only).
  • NazredNazred Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 980
    Francis said:

Nazred said:

Did he finaly get rid of that pesky street rat?

• KordarusKordarus Registered Users Posts: 12
    Arsenic said:

Luigi Linguini , Don Juan Cornetto, Count Von Strictenstern, and Sheikh Yerbum.

lol sheik Yerbum haha
  • AJH1987AJH1987 Registered Users Posts: 206
    The Dogs of War faction were crap though. That's why they were dropped. A bunch of regiments of renown won't make a good Total War faction. They were essentially a bunch of mercenaries, it made no sense to make a faction with them.

The Araby stuff is entirely drawn from Warmaster, which as pointed out above, isn't warhammer. Kislev could basically be an Empire Sub-faction, as they'd use some similar units, plus have their own unique ones also. That's pretty much how they were in table top if i recall. At least their lore was semi interesting as well. Tilea and Estalia should be left as they are. Araby will be a minor faction, but not playable, because there isn't enough lore to make them interesting, unless you start just inventing loads of stuff, which takes it away from actually being a Warhammer game, and towards being a generic fantasy one. Kislev, you *might* see in the third game, or a later DLC, as there is plenty of lore about them.

There's plenty of actual armies that need work before you bother with obscure human factions, that should only ever really be fodder for the major races. I don't understand why anyone is that bothered about them.
  • obippoobippo Member Registered Users Posts: 2,647

Always be aware when a Content Refusing Troll Brigade (CRTB) representative is near. Contact your local Witch Hunter for further info.

• EnforestEnforest Registered Users Posts: 2,238
    edited April 2017
    Due to respectful opinion of AJH1987 I suppose we should stop asking for minor factions and I ask moderators to close this and futher TEB, Araby and Kislev threads.

/sarcasm

Demand more love for Empire, Greenskins and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Expanded Beastmen roster with Ghorgon and Jabberslythe! Bring back Black Orcs variants and Orc Big Boss heroes!
    Dogs of war were a crap faction according to who? I still know people who play DoW with modified rules so it must not be everyone. I mean according to your logic Bretonnia must suck because they had nothing new added after. Sixth edition. Other armies with no new content in 8th edition also include Skaven Beastmen Chaos Dwarfs and Daemons of Chaos. So we should leave them out too right? Please do everyone a favor when you see a thread about something you don't think will happen ignore it.
  • EizoEizo Registered Users Posts: 1,016
    While Dog of War where a crap faction is his opinion, I do agree that CA are more focus on the 16 official roster ATM and they don't have plans to add any of the minor faction. CA goal is definitely trying to bring the TT army game to life in a video game not the whole Warhammer Lore

Especially since Kislev is in the game and CA hasn't even bother to work on them.

Also None of the LL menstion are heavy hitters in the lore except for maybe Tsarina Katarin who prevent Grimgor from destroying Kislev with her magic.
  • Elkantar1981Elkantar1981 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 613
    Actually when people declare their wishes, and hand in some fluss i don't understand the people who try to bombard the thread with their negative thoughts and comments, which are more than insignificant. In the end CA will decide which faction's they create or let modder's create with proper tools, people who flame / start a commentary war in this forum are a bit strange itself. i mean they have to much time and don't know where to put their anger or why some people can't let other people just create a wishlist and talk about it? thats actually good for the game and good for ca to get inspirations and also see which parts of the community wish what, and so they will deliver or say what they won't deliver fair game.

so when some of you don't like my words, i give a **** about you :) sorry to say this in this hard words.

Keep up the good work, and actually Border Princes, Araby, Tilea and Estalia will need a true DOW when not playable atleast as their own unit roster. Empire Clones is not a good decision!
    Eizo said:

While Dog of War where a crap faction is his opinion, I do agree that CA are more focus on the 16 official roster ATM and they don't have plans to add any of the minor faction. CA goal is definitely trying to bring the TT army game to life in a video game not the whole Warhammer Lore

Especially since Kislev is in the game and CA hasn't even bother to work on them.

Also None of the LL menstion are heavy hitters in the lore except for maybe Tsarina Katarin who prevent Grimgor from destroying Kislev with her magic.

I agree except the last part Boris the Red(Kislev) held Chaos at bay and begun the process of modernization for Kislev that brought them black powder abilities previously only available to the south. On top of that he's the only actually documented bear rider.

Borgio the Besieger achieved the unachievable by bringing Tilea under one rule. Had couldn't be beaten in battle and even won the loyalty of the mercenaries fighting under him. It's not a stretch to believe that he would have turned the might of Tilea outward upon its neighbors which were also be divided amongst themselves leaving them ripe for conquest. Imagine the greatest general of an age wih an empire the size of Bretonnia hailing from a city that both acknowledge the existence of and actively fight the Skaven of Skavenblight. I'd say both those guys are far and away more interesting than helman ghorst :p
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 5,334
    Borgio the Besieger - Pretty obvious choice here, and yes he's dead but they've already fudged this a few times. It gives you plenty of reason to want to womp on any other LL from DoW/TEB.

Lucrezzia Belladonna - Chance for a caster lord, and she is a nice duplicitous sort who is also perfectly willing to clash with or assassinate you.

Mydas the Mean - This is actually my favorite as he could be a LL in the newly added Sartosa. Would jive well with any DoW theme for being the obvious ultimate paymaster.

Fernando Pirazzo - Is a potential you could put anywhere really. Including the new world, which would be a nice splash.

Leitpold the Black - Another DoW guy that could be in the Border Princes Area.

Gashnag - This would be a strigoi leader! Is a Border Prince so could definitely give that place a little bit to run with and an unusual leader rather than just all humans.

Now this whole silly side debate.... Tilea has a lot of lore. Heck, it has a good chunk of lore if you just read the Skaven books over the various editions even without the DoW and that certainly gave a bunch. Estalia can be surprisingly harder to find info on than the Border Princes, haha. But it's nonsense, big area. It's spares on the map and would be worth fleshing out. A general improvement on the game.

Kislev, yeah, love it. Loreful, but they never really made a lot of units either. Tilea has ten times the amount in various piles and forms. As does Araby, but it has a decent chance to make it in one day in game 3. But that's just it, game three. You will not get it in game two and bellyaching for a faction that even I want this time around is silly. Raise your banners for inclusion come third game. And downing other factions in some twisted effort to get them not done means you're even less likely to get Kislev either. Don't be daft.

Araby, CA has said they are drawing inspiration for armies, lords, and other from army books, real books, official side fluff like the old magazine releases, official workshop stuff they have for it, and surprise, warmaster. They dug deep for Norsca. And they came out pretty nice despite the programming debacle.

Happy to have Norsca, would be happier to have Kislev, TEB/DoW, Araby, and the lesser mentioned Vampire Coast.
  • Ol_NessieOl_Nessie Registered Users Posts: 4,310
    Nyxilis said:

Borgio the Besieger - Pretty obvious choice here, and yes he's dead but they've already fudged this a few times. It gives you plenty of reason to want to womp on any other LL from DoW/TEB.

Borgio-

Technically he didn't die until 2503 IC and since KF was coronated in 2502, Borgio's still alive when the game starts.
  • NotaroNotaro Registered Users Posts: 14
    edited September 2018
    There was some discussion about Kislev army size and units. I think this is everything Kislev GW have made, Warmaster, Mordheim and Warhammer. The complete army list might look like:
    • Katarrina
    • Tzar Boris
    • Frost Mage
    • Boyar (Lord)
    • Captain
    • Spearmen
    • Halberds
    • Axemen
    • Archers
    • Crossbows
    • Kossars (Bowmen)
    • Horse Archers