Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

In ProgressUnits stop in the middle of orders on battle maps - campaign (not sure if the same happens in MP)

13»

Comments

• aCupofTeaaCupofTea Registered Users Posts: 43
    edited November 2017
    SamM_CA said:

Can anybody experiencing this issue please upload a replay and give information on the exact timing of where they are experiencing the issue in that replay. We are doing our best to reproduce and track down the exact problem, but are receiving many conflicting reports so need replays of the issue to look in to.

I've been working quite a bit so I didn't get to the game yet since noticing the problem. But here is a video gameplay where a streamer experiences this first hand (and isn't particularly happy about it ;-)).

Link to the video:
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/187049707, timestamp: 1:41:33 you will notice streamer in a few seconds pointing the issue out.

While you are at it you can check another possible bug in that same battle at 1:44:44 when the bottom hud disappears.

I'll try to get to the game over the upcoming weekend and get a replay but no promises work goes first.

Btw is there an option to save all replays automatically? I tend to forget to save replays/copy files.

Thanks. Hope this will be at least a little bit helpful.
    edited November 2017
    SamM_CA said:

Can anybody experiencing this issue please upload a replay and give information on the exact timing of where they are experiencing the issue in that replay. We are doing our best to reproduce and track down the exact problem, but are receiving many conflicting reports so need replays of the issue to look in to.

I'm stuck with work for now so I can't provide any replay right now (I'll try to get some over the upcoming weekend hopefuly but work goes first).

But you can check the issue in a streamers video (link below) - timestamp 1:41:40 (streamer will point to the issue in a second in the video).

While you are at it check 1:44:40 there is another possible bug happening too (bottom HUD disappeared).

Link to the video:

Video name: Online ranked battles - Working on builds for guide today - made today 02.11.2017 Central Europe Time zone.
    (in case link doesn't work or leads to new broadcast you can find the video with the name and date above)

Is there a way to save all replays automatically - I tend to forget to do it manually?

Thanks, hope it helps a bit.

EDIT: For some reason my previous post did not appear so I posted a new one (this one) and now there are two posts of the same content from me. No idea how to delete a post.
    Post edited by aCupofTea on
  • IhavecataractsIhavecataracts Registered Users Posts: 15

I am still having this issue. I am playing through with the VC and every time the enemy runs, even if it is for a moment, the attack order is canceled. often in sieges, the climb order gets canceled as well.

I can confirm that the climb order will cancel at times, but during a 300 or so turn campaign it maybe happened twice, but it was very noticeable when all but one regiment sent to set ladders on the wall are actually on the wall, the one unit sitting at the bottom being shot with no ladders up.
  • ivachivach Registered Users Posts: 5
    Happening here too.
    With Lizardmen, Mortal Empires Mazdamundi Campaign, every time a enemy unit run out (low leadership, terror) my units stop attacking them.

It is very frustrating when attacking archers, they run away by leadership, my units stops and the archers come back and attack me from a large distance without my notice because they stopped.
    edited November 2017
    Ok. I got back to the campaign. I might be unlucky but my first battle after a week has five units stopping mid their order.

Replay below.

Get to about 1:00 (last minute of the siege). Folow four or five units of saurus warriors (perhaps even kroxigors are around at that time but they might be already ahead in a fight) on the right who were a direct order to attack enemy stormvermin unit holding down the enemy flag. Stormvermin unit is full HP not fleeing. My boss with other heroes successfully attacks it while my four or five units of warriors stop. They were not given order to stop and if you hold space bar you will see that they stop while showing red attack arrow on enemy stormvermin. Clearly I can see enemy unit considering my dinos are stomping it to the ground.

So timestamps: get to about last minute of the fight, follow the saurus units on the right who are left behind the Kro'gar and at about 0:50 (50 seconds to the end of the match) they just stop.

Is this replay helpful? I can play more and other if needed but it's tedious to go through the replay so many times to make sure all orders were ok - especially with how bad the UI is (huh CA guys, how about putting a time line so we can jump forward or backwards? Guys? Please? I beg you! For some reason I also lost the UI hud of units in replays I thought i used to be there in TW:W1 or no? Is there a way to get it back?)

Just to be sure, this is not only campaign related, the exactly same thing happens in MP too (as you can check in the twitch video I posted previously).

Replays date is today - no beta version - on stable patch.

EDIT: I don't use any mods.
    Post edited by aCupofTea on
    edited November 2017
    Hello Again

I attach a replay with the same issue

On the first mins, there is an enemy lord alone, i send to attack him 1 Kroxigors, 1 more unit and Mazdamundi.
    When the enemy lord lost all his leathership and starts running out, my units stop, only mazdamundi keeps following him.

using Mortal Empires PTE patch
    Post edited by ivach on
  • CA_MatthewCA_Matthew The Creative Assembly Registered Users Posts: 1,016
    ivach said:

Hello Again

On the first mins, there is an enemy lord alone, i send to attack him 1 Kroxigors, 1 more unit and Mazdamundi.
    When the enemy lord lost all his leathership and starts running out, my units stop, only mazdamundi keeps following him.

Hey man,

I've loaded your replay up multiple times on the Mortal Empires PTE beta and the Kroxigors fight the enemy lord till death. They enter rampage and pursue him, while Mazdamundi heads off to face the reinforcements.

I've tried fighting the battle as well, telling the Kroxigors to fight the enemy lord alongside Mazda and also another time on their own. Both times they pursue the lord until they've killed him.
    FORMAL DISCLAIMER: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

ivach said:

Hello Again

Hey man,

I've loaded your replay up multiple times on the Mortal Empires PTE beta and the Kroxigors fight the enemy lord till death. They enter rampage and pursue him, while Mazdamundi heads off to face the reinforcements.

I've tried fighting the battle as well, telling the Kroxigors to fight the enemy lord alongside Mazda and also another time on their own. Both times they pursue the lord until they've killed him.
    I also posted a replay above and a link to twitch video. Does this mean that the problem has been dealt with in the hotfix already or not?

ivach said:

Hello Again

Hey man,

Hello Matthew,

That is very strange! I saw the replay again and it happens to me, I attach 2 pictures where exactle happens to me, the kroxigors where attacking him with Mazdamundy and they stay there without following him, just Mazdamundi following him as you can see in this pictures.

Thank you for your time

Hello again Matthew,

I have disabled all the mods and the issue is fixed, at least in that replay, it is a totally different fight!

Sorry if I wasted your time because of this issue apparently with mods, but could be good to find wich mod causes troble to warn the community.

Another difference (o hope it helps to find the mod/thing causes this bug) I saw it was kroxigors throw to the ground the enemy lord, but with mods they don't do this

So may be because a mod... I guess you dont support mods but just in case here is my mod list

Ultimate Unique Elven Lords + Variety Pack!
    Improved Arrow Trails
    Thicker Dust and Smoke II
    Attila' Gunpowder Standalone VFX [UPDATED]
    Attila' Dust & Gunpowder VFX [UPDATED]
    AI better recruitment / better army Composition 2.0
    Better Auto Resolve (WH2/ME)
    Improved Black Arks
    Cataph's Southern Realms (TEB) 2.0
    GCCM: Mortal Empires
    GCCM2: Custom Assets
    AI Climate Improvements
    Minor Settlements For Grand Campaign II
    No Confederation Bonus for the AI
    Cultural Settlement Skins
    Rebanner II
    Home Region Movement Bonus
    Varied Generals II
    UI Unit Markers
    Faction selection icons replacer
    Varied Dinos
    Immersive Battle Banners
    VCCM: Vortex Campaign Custom Maps
    Sebidee's Unit Resize
    Better Camera Mod

Hello Matthew a third time

Sorry but I think I found the mod with this issue.
    It is Sebidee's Unit Resize

• Blueeyesgirl3Blueeyesgirl3 Registered Users Posts: 285
    ivach said:

Hello Matthew a third time

Sorry but I think I found the mod with this issue.
    It is Sebidee's Unit Resize

I get the issue regardless of mods being installed or not. This is so weird how it's different for everyone.
    Team Lizardmen
  • OgwarOgwar Registered Users Posts: 44
    Not sure if this is relevant but I’ve noticed that the “dropping orders chasing routers” might have something to do with the unit killing a couple of models and then stopping. I thought I was noticing this, but my last battle showed it more clearly.

I had a unit of dark riders to mop up two shattered catapult crews. I right click attack the first crew (8 strong) to get them to attack them and then shift right clicked to queue an attack on the 2nd. For when they were dead.

After chasing the first and killing 2 models, they then charged off for the other unit. So I did the same thing again and watched them kill a couple in first unit before again chasing the second. I suspect if I hadn’t queued orders they would have stopped.

From that it seems like my unit is seeing the first unit as dead too early - maybe the next model in attacked unit isn’t in range or something so my unit thinks it’s dead? Maybe that explains the seemingly random results, given models presumably scatter with some degree of randomness?

Just a thought.
  • Blueeyesgirl3Blueeyesgirl3 Registered Users Posts: 285
    The new hotfix doesn't include anything about this bug... really sad :(

Thats interesting Ogwar, I've never thought of it like that before. I hope CA figure it out soon.
    Team Lizardmen
  • BlueZs#5202BlueZs#5202 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9
    It's still not fixed.
  • ktealkteal Registered Users Posts: 34
    edited February 2018
    This has happened to me many times as well. I'll give a bunch of units orders and go focus on an area that needs more attention only to come back and see that those units are just standing around. I don't have documentation now but will be on the lookout for this issue in the future. Have seen it happen with the lizardmen and notice that it usually affects my large units, carnosaurs in particular.
  • AlonshowAlonshow Registered Users Posts: 66
    Same problem here. Kind of bumping the thread, hoping it gets some love.
  • DoktorGurkeDoktorGurke Registered Users Posts: 2
    and still happening with skaven to me all the time

will never be fixed i guess

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file