Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

In regards to the current debate about ROME II...

15678911»

Comments

• MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,835

So it really took them 9 months to bake Norsca code. It was in no way related with Thrones of Britannia production. Almost as if their 'sometimes shifts' never end. That is some positive outlook. I'll stick with my psychic powers and non evidence.

Could they have been working on other things within? Do you know how difficult and complex Mortal Empires is? Do you know the specific amount of time it takes to have to redo a faction? Is it possible they were also working on the Q&tC DLC as well? Dealing with bugs? Yes you stick with your psychic powers, leave reality to the rest of us.

I'm sure it is 9 months complex. I'm positive QnC is a coding juggernaut that took a lot of time. More than Tomb Kings, that's for sure. Judging by reinforcement bug fix all of it is a hard, honest work. Unimaginably potent positive outlook. Almost reality warping. And here I thought I have psychic powers.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• WarlockeWarlocke Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,922

Warlocke said:

Here is the thing that really bothers me about these anti-SJW types bemoaning about being called Nazis.

They talk about contemporary feminism as if it is all so wicked and vile, and for evidence then cite the worst, most embarrassing examples of modern feminism. But if we take this approach to its logical conclusion and place the shoe on the other foot, and we are then to judge all ideologies or political movements by their worst actors, then by their own example, it is then legitimate to call them Nazis.

To be clear, I don't think that anybody who is not at least a Nazi sympathizer should be called a Nazi, just as I find it ridiculous the way these people who know nothing about feminism talk about feminism. I just think it is always important to be made aware of one's own hypocrisy and then to try and rectify it.

The reason why I disagree with modern feminism is because they have been discriminating against men in my opinion.
    I will not explain for I do not want to this comment deleted just for using my right to free speech.
    You think some feminists have been discriminatory against men, therefore, feminism is bad. Thank you for proving me point.

In formal logic, this would like like:

If some feminists are bad, then feminism is bad.

Reversed onto anti-SJWs, this becomes:

If some anti-SJWs are Nazis, then anti-SJWs are Nazis.

Again, I am demonstrating the absurdity and the fallibility of this way of thinking, not endorsing calling people who are not Nazis by that term.
    ò_ó
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 25,105

So it really took them 9 months to bake Norsca code. It was in no way related with Thrones of Britannia production. Almost as if their 'sometimes shifts' never end. That is some positive outlook. I'll stick with my psychic powers and non evidence.

Could they have been working on other things within? Do you know how difficult and complex Mortal Empires is? Do you know the specific amount of time it takes to have to redo a faction? Is it possible they were also working on the Q&tC DLC as well? Dealing with bugs? Yes you stick with your psychic powers, leave reality to the rest of us.

I'm sure it is 9 months complex. I'm positive QnC is a coding juggernaut that took a lot of time. More than Tomb Kings, that's for sure. Judging by reinforcement bug fix all of it is a hard, honest work. Unimaginably potent positive outlook. Almost reality warping. And here I thought I have psychic powers.
    What does that even have to do with the topic at hand?

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,127
    Don't accuse anyone of being a Nazi supporter, that's just too far.

The Daily Stormer is a far right anti-Jewish website, I think it's a pretty spot on description.
  • slapnut1207slapnut1207 Registered Users Posts: 678
    edited September 2018
    The reason why I disagree with modern feminism is because they have been discriminating against men in my opinion.
    I will not explain for I do not want to this comment deleted just for using my right to free speech.

Right of Free Speech doesn't apply to privately owned webboards you are being a guest on. You agreed to the board's Terms and Conditions as to what you can say and not say here when you signed up.

Yeah, yeah but make sure that you aren't calling everyone that opposes your idea a Nazi supporter. We Conservatives and whatever else we are called are not related to Nazism.
    In Hoc Signo Vinces

The Daily Stormer is a far right anti-Jewish website, I think it's a pretty spot on description.

But nobody in this topic I believe supports the site.
    In Hoc Signo Vinces

Who in this topic has been called a Nazi?
    ò_ó

Yes Tomb Kings which was released in those 9 months and I notice you also missed how difficult it is to add factions and anything new to Mortal Empires. This was already explained in an article that the team have found it more time consuming than they first thought to add to ME. Now you seem to be talking confidently about the subject so I assume your a games developer or just someone who knows about everything?

Gman109 said:

I find it astonishing that mods are in this thread posting that they are deleting offensive messages, yet one poster keeps referring to any critics as "nazis", yet she hasn't had her messages modded. I thought no posts including "nationalism" were allowed (how have we come to that...wow)?

Two of my grandparents were killed in the holocaust, yet i'm now called a Nazi myself for disagreeing with feminist agendas? Ridiculous, and illegal I believe in the United Kingdom, is it not?

I purchased Rome 2 along with every other TCA game. My problem is that being told "don't buy or play it if you don't like it" is retroactive to my purchase. TCA has removed my ability to CHOOSE if I want to support a company that is kowtowing to the feminist agenda, by changing the game AFTER, long after, I paid $ for it. Money I wouldn't (and furthermore will never again) have paid had I known the company would support a cause I find ridiculous.

Changing Rome 2 to suit an obvious agenda years after most of us have already purchased it - an agenda many of us disagree with - then telling us "tough rocks if you dislike it, don't buy it or don't play it"... is unfair, and likely unlawful. If TCA's decision to stick with these changes is correct, TCA should then be offering refunds for those who don't wish to play or support the game due to these changes. The other option would probably be legal action.

I bet your grandparents would be happy that you throw in with the guys from the Daily Stormer, an actual Nazi site.
    This indirectly says that the guy he was responding to is a Nazi.
    In Hoc Signo Vinces

Hmmm... I bought R2 for full price and only have 150 hours on it. I wonder if I could say state fact to Steam that there's a small % chance that I may get a female general (which I hate) could I can get a refund.. and buy it at the cheaper price..

Right of Free Speech doesn't apply to privately owned webboards you are being a guest on. You agreed to the board's Terms and Conditions as to what you can say and not say here when you signed up.

That was rhetorical I don't really believe in what I wrote, it's a way of showing the absurdity of the complaint.

Gman109 said:

I find it astonishing that mods are in this thread posting that they are deleting offensive messages, yet one poster keeps referring to any critics as "nazis", yet she hasn't had her messages modded. I thought no posts including "nationalism" were allowed (how have we come to that...wow)?

Two of my grandparents were killed in the holocaust, yet i'm now called a Nazi myself for disagreeing with feminist agendas? Ridiculous, and illegal I believe in the United Kingdom, is it not?

I purchased Rome 2 along with every other TCA game. My problem is that being told "don't buy or play it if you don't like it" is retroactive to my purchase. TCA has removed my ability to CHOOSE if I want to support a company that is kowtowing to the feminist agenda, by changing the game AFTER, long after, I paid $ for it. Money I wouldn't (and furthermore will never again) have paid had I known the company would support a cause I find ridiculous.

Changing Rome 2 to suit an obvious agenda years after most of us have already purchased it - an agenda many of us disagree with - then telling us "tough rocks if you dislike it, don't buy it or don't play it"... is unfair, and likely unlawful. If TCA's decision to stick with these changes is correct, TCA should then be offering refunds for those who don't wish to play or support the game due to these changes. The other option would probably be legal action.

I bet your grandparents would be happy that you throw in with the guys from the Daily Stormer, an actual Nazi site.
    Precious.

Gman109 said:

No, it really doesn't. It is saying he is choosing his battles poorly. You can not in any way reasonably extrapolate from that comment an accusation of being a Nazi.
    ò_ó

I'm saying.. you can call them a Nazi, which contradicts what you suggested.

It really doesn't - directly or indirectly.

Being associated or mentioned with a Nazi site, group or person makes you one automatically. Let me give you a example, we conservatives are often labeled racist, fascist, nazi and sexist. We don't even have anything to do with the Nazis but apparently we are nowadays. Their ideology contradicts ours completely. For some reason the left call us these words even when we try to restrain ourselves from calling them bad names.
    In Hoc Signo Vinces

• MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,835

What does that even have to do with the topic at hand?
    it is an off topic. Undesired child of all threads.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

edited September 2018

Being associated or mentioned with a Nazi site, group or person makes you one automatically. Let me give you a example, we conservatives are often labeled racist, fascist, nazi and sexist. We don't even have anything to do with the Nazis but apparently we are nowadays. Their ideology contradicts ours completely. For some reason the left call us these words even when we try to restrain ourselves from calling them bad names.
    So now YOU are actually calling him a nazi. I think you've completely lost track of what's even being discussed.

So now YOU are calling him a nazi.
    No, oftentimes I am called racist and sexist just because I am conservative from people who don't know what we actually believe in.
    In Hoc Signo Vinces

• dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 19,814
    Well, the depths have been reached. Going to close the discussion. If left open five or six folks will no longer be able to post.

Sorry.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
This discussion has been closed.