Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

boycott

2»

Comments

• SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Posts: 1,860Registered Users
    edited September 2018
    Can someone explain what happened? did a CA employee turn sjw and we get another "Go Woke get broke" company?

Edit: AH its about the wakanda dlc for rome 2, I dont care =D
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 14,136Registered Users
    edited September 2018
    Zelnik said:

Bloodrush said:

People are still worried about their representation in videogames? lol

people worry too much about politics these days.

It's the opposite in this case.

The recent hullabaloo has been because people are upset that other people are being in their eyes over represented.

I love me some political debates, but it aint got no place here son.

No, it’s not and stop trying to straw man people, it’s because they told people whom purchased a game to not play it or change it themselves if they didn’t like a mandatory change to a game they didn’t ask for. It’s bad community outreach and yes, historic revisionism.

They have a right to be mad, if you aren’t, awesome, but let them have their gripe.

I will keep buying TWWH stuff because it’s the most honest and highest quality of all the other fantasy genres they have.
    So it's a vast overreaction to a comment by CA's newest community manager? A comment made in response to the false claims that females had increased spawn rates.

What was said was in the context of responding to the fake claims a bad response, but lets not pretend it's the reason behind the fuss. It all started because folk were triggered over the fake claim that there were more females ingame. This poor response has then been seized on as a reason.

While somewhat poor in execution good on CA for standing up for themselves. The change was months ago and caused no issue. They don't need to bow to pressure from people upset about false claims.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • ArsenicArsenic Posts: 4,073Registered Users

Can someone explain what happened? did a CA employee turn sjw and we get another "Go Woke get broke" company?

Not really.

Months back a new patch enabled a vague chance of factions in Rome 2 spawning female generals that historically never had them. This chance is quite minor and will only happen under rather unlikely circumstances.

Very recently a screenshot was posted that supposedly proved female generals were spawning in abundance, but was actually done deliberately, by playing silly buggers with game mechanics.

This might make enquiring minds ask "Why is this an issue now, surely people would have realised this months back when the patch was released?", and the explanation for that is a rather unsavoury part of the web decided to make it an issue. This is where the Nazi jibes have come from, as said site is a hub for them. I'm not dignifying said place with a name.

Now many people, who hate what they perceive as social justice pandering, leapt on this without knowing the full facts. Rather than sack up and admit they were wrong, they are now pretending that they are delicate flowers with feelings made out of fine, spun glass, and that they are devastated at being told bluntly to mod it out or not play it by a CA employee.

Time will tell if Ella becomes as popular as Grace for telling people being stupid where they can get off, but I have high hopes for her.

• SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Posts: 1,860Registered Users
    Arsenic said:

Not really.

Months back a new patch enabled a vague chance of factions in Rome 2 spawning female generals that historically never had them. This chance is quite minor and will only happen under rather unlikely circumstances.

Very recently a screenshot was posted that supposedly proved female generals were spawning in abundance, but was actually done deliberately, by playing silly buggers with game mechanics.

This might make enquiring minds ask "Why is this an issue now, surely people would have realised this months back when the patch was released?", and the explanation for that is a rather unsavoury part of the web decided to make it an issue. This is where the Nazi jibes have come from, as said site is a hub for them. I'm not dignifying said place with a name.

Now many people, who hate what they perceive as social justice pandering, leapt on this without knowing the full facts. Rather than sack up and admit they were wrong, they are now pretending that they are delicate flowers with feelings made out of fine, spun glass, and that they are devastated at being told bluntly to mod it out or not play it by a CA employee.

Time will tell if Ella becomes as popular as Grace for telling people being stupid where they can get off, but I have high hopes for her.
    Ah okay, thanks for the info!
  • psychoakpsychoak Posts: 2,056Registered Users
    Sadly, it's a collection of loosely related non issues being blown into a flame war between two extremes of stupid...
  • BrynjarKBrynjarK Posts: 212Registered Users
    ^

Brynjar conciders the possibility of an intern present at the big shareholders meeting. Muhahhaa
This discussion has been closed.