Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Comments

• Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Registered Users Posts: 5,132
    edited September 2018
    If it's content that's using existing resources then it's possible. But a new model from the ground up isn't happening.
  • CarognaCarogna Registered Users Posts: 349
    I'd love to see these. I especially hate how savage orc tribes are led by a regular orc warboss or even a goblin shaman.
    Team Skaven
    Team Dark Elves
  • SternguardShootyfaceSternguardShootyface Registered Users Posts: 234
    That would be great mmmkay
  • EnforestEnforest Registered Users Posts: 2,295
    I think Big Boss and Shieleded Black Orcs are highly likely.

Savage Warboss and Big Boss might also come at some point...

Speak Chukka, Trolls and Wagon are apparently "too hard to make" and not going to be added, unless a miracle happens.

Demand more love for Empire, Greenskins and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Expanded Beastmen roster with Ghorgon and Jabberslythe! Bring back Black Orcs variants and Orc Big Boss heroes!
  • NinjipplesNinjipples Registered Users Posts: 843
    GS really need the Spear Chukka (for an anti large warmachine) and an Orc Hero of some description (preferably with replenishment as a skill option). The Orc Shaman would also be highly useful with access to spells of the Big Waaagh.

I'd love all of them to be added but if I had to bick 1 of the remaining units it'd be the Colossal Squig (so I could have a Monster in my Squig Army)
  • ZilongZilong Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 501
    Yup, only one I care about is the Colossal Squig. Game needs more squigs.
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 33,895
    Right now I think the basic Ork troops (Ork Boys, Big'uns, Boar Boys) need a bit of love. Only Black Orks are commonly taken and the rest's usually Goblins of some sort which I find kind of lame.
  • EnforestEnforest Registered Users Posts: 2,295
    Big'ns also would need a rework. Since CA made it a separate unit from the leader, it should come with some sort of synergy with the basic Boyz -- at least increase their leadership and MA when Big'uns are around.

Would also like their recruit time be reduced to one with higher tier building.

Demand more love for Empire, Greenskins and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Expanded Beastmen roster with Ghorgon and Jabberslythe! Bring back Black Orcs variants and Orc Big Boss heroes!
  • SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,232
    I definetly want to see the savage orc warboss, cause all the savage factions including bloodyhands look out of character with the normal armoured Orc warboss.

But what I want is still the Orc/Nightgoblin Boss to melebuff your units, Norsca has it und beastmen have it and they all have very good melee units already, even woodelves have melee buff heroes.
  • Theo91Theo91 Registered Users Posts: 2,336

If it's content that's using existing resources then it's possible. But a new model from the ground up isn't happening.

Agreed. But most of it is existing resources.

Stone trolls and river trolls are an easy reskin.

Borc/ Savage orc war-bosses are just single entity versions of existing units.

Colossal squig is a regular squig but bigger. This really doesn’t seem tough to do to me.

Not getting the rest isn’t ideal but I could live with it. I think they’re fun units but wouldn’t change gameplay much.

They should change the mounts to. Gobbos should get aranarok mounts similar to the skink heroes.

There should also be a orc warboss hero with a wyvern Mount too
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 29,947
    edited September 2018
    Green0 said:

Spear Chukka would break the GS faction. Normally only defensive factions have good artillery, while offensive factions have subpar ones (eg Bretonnia and GS). It would be extremely hard to deal with artilley in a faction capable of bringing such great numbers, cheap cav, tarpit units, etc, which would mean that Spear Chukkas would need to be either EXTREMELY inaccurate (hence no point in bringing them) or do VERY low amounts of damage (people would be unhappy). I think this is the real reason CA didn’t implement them and not lack of resources.

I’m all for buffing GS, but artillery is the wrong way to go. Currently, they get their Waagh mechanic in exchange for a bit lower stats on some units. If we remove or rework Waagh, I’m all up for buffs to GS units. In my opinion, Big Uns are not that bad even without Waagh, it’s other units, like Orc Boys, basically all of the Boar Riders and default Lord choices that all need buffs/reworks.

A Spear Chukka isn't good artillery. It's the most basic artillery option and below what they currently have. They already have two other artillery options, giving them one more wouldn't suddenly break them. Just like it didn't break them on the TT.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"Under construction" - Becky, daughter of Guanyin.

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus

• NinjipplesNinjipples Registered Users Posts: 843

Green0 said:

Spear Chukka would break the GS faction. Normally only defensive factions have good artillery, while offensive factions have subpar ones (eg Bretonnia and GS). It would be extremely hard to deal with artilley in a faction capable of bringing such great numbers, cheap cav, tarpit units, etc, which would mean that Spear Chukkas would need to be either EXTREMELY inaccurate (hence no point in bringing them) or do VERY low amounts of damage (people would be unhappy). I think this is the real reason CA didn’t implement them and not lack of resources.

I’m all for buffing GS, but artillery is the wrong way to go. Currently, they get their Waagh mechanic in exchange for a bit lower stats on some units. If we remove or rework Waagh, I’m all up for buffs to GS units. In my opinion, Big Uns are not that bad even without Waagh, it’s other units, like Orc Boys, basically all of the Boar Riders and default Lord choices that all need buffs/reworks.

A Spear Chukka isn't good artillery. It's the most basic artillery option and below what they currently have. They already have two other artillery options, giving them one more wouldn't suddenly break them. Just like it didn't break them on the TT.
    I agree, the spear chukka was essentially a dwarf bolt thrower but worse. I think it may possibly have been the worst artillery (war machine) option available to any race in the entire game. Somehow I don't see it being game breaking.
    edited September 2018
    Green0 said:

Yeah, sorry, it's more than obvious you only don't want the Spear Chukka because it would skewer dragons and Elf lords on dragons. Also funny since HE have an overpowered artillery piece themselves which is pin-point accurate and has a non-existant hitbox which enables it to punch over its weight class and you don't find anything problematic about it.
    Green0 said:

Green0 said:

Yeah, sorry, it's more than obvious you only don't want the Spear Chukka because it would skewer dragons and Elf lords on dragons. Also funny since HE have an overpowered artillery piece themselves which is pin-point accurate and has a non-existant hitbox which enables it to punch over its weight class and you don't find anything problematic about it.
    if you bothered reading my previous posts and not only the last 2 lines, you'd know why I think Spear Chukka wouldn't fit in GS roster. You'd also read that I advocated for buffs to GS in other areas. Sadly you read only what you choose to as you've shown in the past on top of always seeking confrontation so no point in arguing with you.
    I read it, just found it to be the usual smokescreen. Buffed up GS infantry can be safely blown away by the massive ranged advantage HE have, especially when combined with kiting builds. A Spear Chukka however could threaten that whole strategy so you do your best to badmouth it as "breaking the GS faction" when it would be more "breaking cheesy HE builds".
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 7,118
    Green0 said:

The real reason is saving money. It's always the real reason when something cool isn't in a game.
  • BrizthomBrizthom Registered Users Posts: 721
    GS already have two of the best artillery in the game. Adding spear chukkas won't break the faction.
  • Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Registered Users Posts: 5,132
    GS getting the spear chukka would not be OP.
  • GwydionGwydion Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,247
    edited October 2018
    its funny.... every single unit here except the pump wagon and the big stabba i have in my GS unit roster because of mods... and they look amazing... hell i have even more because of variants like black orcs with shields and snotlings .....

I forget that things like the spear chukka arent even an actual CA included unit.

**** this series makes me facepalm sometimes.... like hard.
    PLEASE CA!!! Chaos Warriors need a faction that is not horde only by the time the trilogy is finished! We beg of you!

Just Realized this topic has been viewed more, the topic of " Limiting Race Expansion/ Colonization Expansion" alone than more than half of the stickied things at the top of the forum... I hope you are too CA and I mean that in a positive way from a huge fan!

Please improve sieges! Add racial flavor and ACTUALLY make them "deeper rather than wide" copy and paste with different art needs to go!
  • CirdanCirdan Registered Users Posts: 806
    edited October 2018
    It should be noted tho that the bigga stabba and colossal squig aren't 8th edition units, so they aren't really missing per se, without them the roster would still be complete.

The rest are missing units per 8th codex though.
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 7,118
    Green0 said:

Iconic said:

GS already have two of the best artillery in the game. Adding spear chukkas won't break the faction.

their artillery is quite situational, and when I analyze competitiveness I don’t look at how hard they stomp in campaign vs dumb AI but I look at MP. Here both Doomdiver and Rock Lobber are mediocre. Doomdiver is good in some matchups like vs Beastmen and maybe DE and Empire.
    It's fortunate, then, that basically nobody cares about multiplayer.
  • DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Registered Users Posts: 4,771
    Their artillery is fine. The only unit here I'd really like to see added is the Big Stabba, both as a Savage and normal Orc unit, to provide some extra anti-large. For the lords, a Savage Orc Warboss would be nice for a Wurrzag play-through, but it's hardly essential.