Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

A way to nerf to dark elf: Murderous prowess

2»

Comments

• glosskilosglosskilos Registered Users Posts: 1,193

No it wasn't a ridiculous idea.

How would you balance it then? Right now you have a light cav unit that can drop soul stealer and word of pain and win just about any engagement. I dont feel like regular doomfire warlocks are that bad, maybe just a little overperforming, but i do feel like the ror is a bit overpowered.
  • DandalusXVIIDandalusXVII Registered Users Posts: 4,382

Giving a free soul stealer to a unit was an awful idea. It should be changed to something else, maybe 2 chillwinds or something. If they get to keep it they should be ridiculously expensive.

No it wasn't a ridiculous idea
    yst said:

Dont really see any reason why dark elf needs to be nerfed. They simply have a very good working roster.

They should be used as a benchmark as to how factions should be and how units interacts with each other within.

Just have a look at how pathetic tomb kings roster are. U can literally send khemrian to do a nec sphinx job. Stalker and nec knights overlapping. Ush bow and bone giant competing. Garbage chariots, whole monster category is a hot mess. Pretty bad roster only carried by ush bow

Well said.
  • random_peasantrandom_peasant Registered Users Posts: 16
    I would only nerf one thing in murderous prowess and its the huge leadership buff it gives that no one seems to really care about.

It's a map-wide raw +15 leadership to every unit. With murderous prowess, dreadspears/bleaksword/corsairs have a base 81 leadership; for comparison, hammerers/longbeards are at 80 leadership. This means you can go wide as hell with DE and still have an army with a dwarf level leadership once you proc MP. And with elite units they basically fight to the end.

I think the leadership buff should atleast be reduced to +8, but i'd really like to just see it gone. It could also be percentage based so it would be more fair since it would adjust the bonus to the level of the unit.

Another minor nerf would also be removing the +20% armour-piercing missile damage. I don't really see why your bolts should hurt more once your eyes glow purple.
  • ViktorTWWforumViktorTWWforum Registered Users Posts: 1,116

I would only nerf one thing in murderous prowess and its the huge leadership buff it gives that no one seems to really care about.

It's a map-wide raw +15 leadership to every unit. With murderous prowess, dreadspears/bleaksword/corsairs have a base 81 leadership; for comparison, hammerers/longbeards are at 80 leadership. This means you can go wide as hell with DE and still have an army with a dwarf level leadership once you proc MP. And with elite units they basically fight to the end.

I think the leadership buff should atleast be reduced to +8, but i'd really like to just see it gone. It could also be percentage based so it would be more fair since it would adjust the bonus to the level of the unit.

Another minor nerf would also be removing the +20% armour-piercing missile damage. I don't really see why your bolts should hurt more once your eyes glow purple.

You are concentrated on killing and every your shot is aimed with deadly and cold-blooded determination ? Elves have insane reflexes, DE with killing in his mind will be fearsome with his dedicated weapon choice on the battlefield.

You are concentrated on killing and every your shot is aimed with deadly and cold-blooded determination ? Elves have insane reflexes, DE with killing in his mind will be fearsome with his dedicated weapon choice on the battlefield.
    Exactly.
    Due to this thread I played more DE to see if they got issues needing nerf. They don't. I must admit CA did truly good job on each faction and how to make armies. Those who find stuff op and up are just not playing with the factions optimal way. I tell u all not try to make things work one way on every faction. In a built I made lately of Bretonnia I didn't use any melee infantry vs skaven but I had infantry. Guys u still got a lot to learn. Stop complaining about your bad comprehension of the game, it's your fault.
  • FrookFrook Registered Users Posts: 153
    The main culprit in dark elf roster is doomfire warlocks and their RoR. The suggested nerfs would just make the whole mechanic an irrelevant buff that you don't even pay attention to. Which I don't agree is the way to go.

Two changes could be great however, one that the murderous prowess should only count on enemy dead and be based on enemy army size or instead just be a more significant number of dead so it's a last quarter difference. The other would be to just remove melee attack bonus and missile damage bonus from the buff but instead increase vigour regain and charge bonus, that way the buff needs to be capitalised on with movement.