Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

My expectations for this DLC

BRiiTASH2BRiiTASH2 Registered Users Posts: 586
Its clear now that this dlc is not of one race but multiple, given the various refferences in this teaser. The fact that this letter is addressed to an individual most likely represent one faction but reffers to "rivals" implies that there are numerous other parties, all competing and likely from different races with different motives. Lets examine these potential races.

The most obvious first I'd argue is the paychest behind the letter, and the name of the individual writting it. This points to a human in a structured Navy which can most likely refference DOW.

The shattered minds is clearly a refference to an undead faction, the Vampire Coast, what with undead being mindless thralls to their Vampire/Necromancer Master.

The "Syren of the Storm herself" is an interesting title, as othet have pointed out, no character herself has been given this title in Warhammer Lore. The title itself doesnt seem to fit a Dark Elf Captains title (its not menacing enough) and it definetely isnt a title of a Dwarf Slayer Pirate Captain, so it has to be humanoid.
That leaves us with the most likely of candidates, a Sartosa Pirate Lord.

This leaves the fourth spot however, unoccupied. Some might speculate that anyone of the 3 factions may get another lord, but I suspect something different. I beleive that the answer may lie with the origin of this "magical item" to begin with.
Given that it is a magical artifact of great significance, I'd wager that those who live wherever it may have originally come from would be interested in retrieving it. The only question is establishing where such a powerful artifact might have come from. I beleive the answer is obviously Albion, a land home to many ancient and powerful artifacts created by the Old Ones themselves.
Given aswell the likelhood of us seeing Luthor Harkon, a Vampire Coast Lord driven mad by a curse placed on him by an Old Ones Artifact and his obsession with looting Lizardmen Temples to find an Old One artifact to cure his madness, I beleive that this only reaffirms the likelehood of seeing an Albion army represented in the campaign, if only to compete with Harkon.
The liklehood of Albion becoming a seafaring race is slim, but seeing as the Truthsayers have sailed to the Old World and to Ulthuan across the sea of Chaos to seek Allies to defeat Belagor then I imagine its plausible that they can build ships to some extent.
Whats more likely is that many campaign missions may take the other lords to Albion in search of artifacts and treasure, and the nativs will have to repell these invaders.

Given the amount of time CA has dedicated to this dlc and the amount of time the Art department has had to devote to it in perticular as CA themselves stated, I beleive we will be seeing many different factions represented in this dlc, and whilst they may not have huge rosters, I beleive they will have enough to be interesting.

Comments

• Omega_WarriorOmega_Warrior Registered Users Posts: 1,357
    There might be multiple races, but 4 would be way too much. Most races released so far have about 20-25 units. I don't really see CA increasing it by that and 5-7 units per race would be extremely small and limited, especially in multiplayer.

• GamgeeGamgee Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,232
    Syren of the storm might refer to Arenessa Saltspite. Common speculation says this is pirate themed dlc. Harkon and count noctilus for Vc. Jeago Roth and Saltspite for Saratosa. Lokhir as flc as seen on the chart.
    Prophet of Cathay.
  • Grom_the_PaunchGrom_the_Paunch Registered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 2,695
    Maybe a multiple race DLC is the only way for this to make sense.

Sartosa and Vampire Coast are both far too small to merit 4 LLs. TEB seems to have been left out of the hints, although they are definitely still possible.

Sea-faring players here would be Marienburg, Sartosa, Vampire Coast... maybe Araby/TEB?

Tough to figure this out.

One thing, though, stands out above all else. Lokhir Fellheart as the FLC LL is surely a must, now. It would be bonkers to go with a nautical/pirate theme and exclude him. His release should coincide with a Black Ark rework so that we can have "Black Ark sieges" as battles.
  • DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Registered Users Posts: 4,771
    This is asinine, and I don't just say that because you're a mortal.
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 7,310

One thing, though, stands out above all else. Lokhir Fellheart as the FLC LL is surely a must, now. It would be bonkers to go with a nautical/pirate theme and exclude him. His release should coincide with a Black Ark rework so that we can have "Black Ark sieges" as battles.

It would make much more sense to have Fellheart than anyone else in light of this.

Does make me wonder what's going on with Darkblade and Thanquol though. Very unlikely what's on those remaining bits of the FLC chart are all going to be missing LL's.

Are there going to be more Lord Packs than we're expecting, or will they be joining Nagash and Neferata in the list of odd absences, especially considering the incredible popularity of the first two amongst Warhammer fans.
    For in spite of all temptations. To belong to other nations. He remains an Englishman.
  • Aman3712Aman3712 Registered Users Posts: 661
    Although I feel that the likelyhood of Albion making it in this upcoming DLC to be extremely unlikely (since they would probably fit better in their own race pack or something along the lines), I can definitely see Vampire Coast, Dogs of War and Sartosa getting fleshed out and made into their own factions.

With that, however, I can see the legendary lords for this DLC getting split up, if there’s going to be more than one race getting the Norsca treatment:

- Luthor Harkon for Vampire Coast
    - Aranessa Saltspite for Sartosa, probably
    - And Borigo the Besiger, as well as a second LL, for DoW
  • WeisskreuzWeisskreuz Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 764
    Arsenic said:

It would make much more sense to have Fellheart than anyone else in light of this.

Does make me wonder what's going on with Darkblade and Thanquol though. Very unlikely what's on those remaining bits of the FLC chart are all going to be missing LL's.

Are there going to be more Lord Packs than we're expecting, or will they be joining Nagash and Neferata in the list of odd absences, especially considering the incredible popularity of the first two amongst Warhammer fans.
    Three Kingdom is the big game now and eats up most ressources i doubt we will see WH3 until 2020. That means we have plenty of time to expect multiple lord packs before release of the last game. Would not make sense to release 2 big titles close to each other anyway.
  • imnrkimnrk Registered Users Posts: 226
    I suggested that the dlc would be multiple races with a pirate theme months ago, and that thread got shot down like Kholek. They called me wrong, stupid, dreaming, etc. But NOW! Now they will all see. Imnrk is truly the oracle of the ages. Haha.

Fear my power, and stuff.
  • DerpyRoxasDerpyRoxas Registered Users Posts: 3,348
    imnrk said:

I suggested that the dlc would be multiple races with a pirate theme months ago, and that thread got shot down like Kholek. They called me wrong, stupid, dreaming, etc. But NOW! Now they will all see. Imnrk is truly the oracle of the ages. Haha.

Fear my power, and stuff.

If CA said is gonna be 1 Race with 4 LLs what do you expect?
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 15,691
    I'm expecting 1 race with 4 LLs. And now I'm expecting Vampire Coast/VamPirates generally.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -New Rules: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287645/new-forum-rules#latest
    -Rules FAQ: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287650/total-war-forum-faq#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • imnrkimnrk Registered Users Posts: 226
    They never said it will be 1 race with 4LLs... they said it will have 4 LLs.
  • GamgeeGamgee Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,232
    This is what I remember too.
    imnrk said:

They never said it will be 1 race with 4LLs... they said it will have 4 LLs.

Prophet of Cathay.
  • PilthoidPilthoid Registered Users Posts: 287
    Fishmen and nagas incoming!!

Giant undead crabs incoming!!

• haynamshaynams Registered Users Posts: 276
    What if it’s a completely new race not even mentioned in the lore at all, like an underwater/aquatic chaosy Lovecraftian race of fish folk and mermen?