Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Announcing Curse of the Vampire Coast

Comments

• Ranger275Ranger275 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 161
    CA_Ella said:

Fortune favours the infamous…

The swollen hulks and decaying vessels of the Vampire Coast draw near.

Curse of the Vampire Coast is a new Campaign Pack for Total War: WARHAMMER II and will be released on 8th November with four new Legendary Lords, the Lore of the Deep, eight new Regiments of Renown and more. Vampire Coast factions are playable in the Eye of the Vortex and Mortal Empires campaigns. They are not involved with the race for the Great Vortex, however – they have agendas of their own…

Watch the full trailer – it’s worth it:

Questions? Check here first to see if we've already answered them: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-ii-curse-of-the-vampire-coast-faq

To pre-order this DL-Sea and get 10% off, click here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/835670/

So. Dope.
  • DukeusDukeus Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 164
    I knew Vampire Coast will be a DLC. But expected Southern Realms honestly.

Like it. Should be fun. Dont like the old world vampires. I need some ranged units in my army. Some gunpowder zombies and cannons will do the job.

Lets go pirate Neferata and beat Khalidas ass. Would be so awesome.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 5,845
    Dukeus said:

I knew Vampire Coast will be a DLC. But expected Southern Realms honestly.

Like it. Should be fun. Dont like the old world vampires. I need some ranged units in my army. Some gunpowder zombies and cannons will do the job.

Lets go pirate Neferata and beat Khalidas ass. Would be so awesome.

Really want to see Neffy myself, and this would be the time! That said, Tomb Kings were the time too.... :tongue:
  • NeverBackDownNeverBackDown Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,863
    Canuovea said:

Sorry as great as it looks I won't be getting it.

It's kinda laughable at this point where once again you announce a DLC and don't reveal it's full content. Just like the Kharibdays(however you spell it) it's annoying. We don't know 3 LL or the Roster and you expect us to pay $19? Sorry no DLC is worth that price to me. That's an expansion. Not a DLC. I expect far more for $19. And after all that we still have a month away from release.

Its the same price as the Tomb Kings.

Though currently TWW1 is cheaper.

And we've got about 5 weeks to go. I'm sure they'll reveal everything before launch so you can still get that preorder discount if its so important to you.
    The Tomb Kings is also over priced and I don't own it. The point was which went over your head that they announced more stuff and STILL they don't reveal everything. They don't learn. People complain all the time they hate this marketing tactic and they don't seem to care.
    Pre order discount is barely worth anything and still doesn't make it worth it. Take your failed sarcasm elsewhere.
  • FenristhegreatFenristhegreat Member Registered Users Posts: 475
    dge1 said:

2.1 You will not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, is material of a sexual matter, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise unlawful.

Yikes, I hate legal stuff like this.

"Knowingly false" - almost impossible to prove
    "defamatory" - subjective
    "inaccurate" - seriously? you aren't allowed to be wrong?
    "vulgar" - horribly subjective

I mean, really... talk about covering your bases to allow for arbitrary 'moderation'. Not a criticism of the mods, but really, that's just such a disappointing policy.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 21,285

dge1 said:

2.1 You will not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, is material of a sexual matter, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise unlawful.

I mean, really... talk about covering your bases to allow for arbitrary 'moderation'. Not a criticism of the mods, but really, that's just such a disappointing policy.
    Wouldn't be necessary if people could be civil to one another across the various national entities this forum covers. Be that as it may, it is a warning to 'take it easy' in the one-on-one repartee, and not get upset when someone has a differing opinion. A hard task given the anonymity provided by the internet, but we do the best we can with what tools we're given.

(Also, since the forum space is provided by Creative Assembly they do get to dictate the rules on how it is used. Just a thought about perceived arbitrary policy.)
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

• FenristhegreatFenristhegreat Member Registered Users Posts: 475
    dge1 said:

dge1 said:

Wouldn't be necessary if people could be civil to one another across the various national entities this forum covers. Be that as it may, it is a warning to 'take it easy' in the one-on-one repartee, and not get upset when someone has a differing opinion. A hard task given the anonymity provided by the internet, but we do the best we can with what tools we're given.

(Also, since the forum space is provided by Creative Assembly they do get to dictate the rules on how it is used. Just a thought about perceived arbitrary policy.)
    I appreciate the response.

I must admit, although I sympathise with your desire for civility, I personally have never found it necessary for discourse. Especially on the internet where one can easily brush off an insult and respond to the individuals point whilst ignoring their tone (perceived or actual) or terminology.

Also you are of course right that this is CA's forum and can dictate the rules. I just find the rules as cited so terribly broad as to be almost all encompassing. Again though, not a criticism of the mods who devote a lot of time to help keep these forums open (as they would inevitably, sadly, be closed without moderation), but I do find it a worrying policy.

Thanks.
  • Fuzzybeard3Fuzzybeard3 Registered Users Posts: 91
    I have one question will we be getting lot's of that wonderful sea shanty music like in the trailer that would be the best?
  • GamgeeGamgee Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,123
    On reddit Grace has said they are working on it. So yes. I'm surprised but it seems the shanty they made was extremely popular. DLC isn't even out and people want the music, that's a great sign. Like Witcher 3's Night to Remember.
  • Lord_KamionLord_Kamion Registered Users Posts: 959
    dge1 said:

dge1 said:

I really hope you're rewarded for all the work you do. Seriously the internet's OG moderator
  • Aman3712Aman3712 Registered Users Posts: 592
    Well, with Vampire Coast sailing this way in November, I’ll be sleeping well tonight for sure XD
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 4,950
    I wont sleep well, I want it now!
    Beastmen

• SudoKnightlyNonsenseSudoKnightlyNonsense Registered Users Posts: 1,818
    Why are we getting more Vampire content and why are we getting Age of Sigmar stuff in Warhammer Fantasy (Lore of the Deep)? Shame we couldn't get DoW or something more relevant to the setting.

Why are we getting more Vampire content and why are we getting Age of Sigmar stuff in Warhammer Fantasy (Lore of the Deep)? Shame we couldn't get DoW or something more relevant to the setting.

GW approved and canonized. They worked directly with CA on this one as stated in the FAQ. Think of this as the first new army of fantasy 9th ed.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 24,761

Canuovea said:

Sorry as great as it looks I won't be getting it.

It's kinda laughable at this point where once again you announce a DLC and don't reveal it's full content. Just like the Kharibdays(however you spell it) it's annoying. We don't know 3 LL or the Roster and you expect us to pay $19? Sorry no DLC is worth that price to me. That's an expansion. Not a DLC. I expect far more for $19. And after all that we still have a month away from release.

Its the same price as the Tomb Kings.

Though currently TWW1 is cheaper.

And we've got about 5 weeks to go. I'm sure they'll reveal everything before launch so you can still get that preorder discount if its so important to you.
    The Tomb Kings is also over priced and I don't own it. The point was that they announced more stuff and STILL they don't reveal everything. They don't learn. People complain all the time they hate this marketing tactic and they don't seem to care.
    Pre order discount is barely worth anything and still doesn't make it worth it.
    I'm cool with it myself. They're obviously going to give out bits of information over the next few weeks. If nothing else it means we'll have something new to discuss rather than getting a big blob and doing it all at once. Those that want to pre-order will have time, and for those that don't it doesn't really matter.

It'd be better if they gave us all the information now, but they aren't and that's okay.
    I apologize in for everything I say till around 29/04

Its not going to be the same as the Elf lore...and Vampire Coast is relevant.
    Beastmen

• FalxmanFalxman Member Registered Users Posts: 208
    Great I bought it. I just wish they would release those DLCs more frequently. 5 months between two DLCs is a bit too long.
    There is nothing if there isn't Total War
  • kinjokinjo Senior Member ArizonaRegistered Users Posts: 1,610
    Would be great if there were naval battles.
    Gamgee said:

GW approved and canonized. They worked directly with CA on this one as stated in the FAQ. Think of this as the first new army of fantasy 9th ed.
    Doesn't mean they're relevant to the setting, Vampire Coast had a few mentions here and there. It would be like adding Amazons or Halflings as entire, 4 LL + complete roster, factions.
    Surge_2 said:

It has the exact same name as the AoS lore and, at the moment, we lack the list of spells: if I'm wrong I'll happily eat my words but GW likely wants to use this to try and sell AoS stuff.

• FindolFindol Registered Users Posts: 56
    kevManiac said:

Looks nice, but I expected something to be done with Sartosa. I have a mixed feeling about this. Well, Pirates of the Caribbean have come to TW:W2, and Vampires are overpopulated yay :p

This in a nutshell.

• FindolFindol Registered Users Posts: 56

Instant Pre-Order.

The Trailer was great and the Vampire Coast seems really fun.
    Why is everyone hating this? Whats not to like about Giant Crabs and Walking Ship Zombies(??). This looks like a really fine addition to the roster! The Pirates of the Carribean vibe alone makes me want this DLC.

It looks like it has the same quality as the Tomb Kings? Why are people dissapointed?

The answer is in your comment.
    edited October 2018

Gamgee said:

Doesn't mean they're relevant to the setting, Vampire Coast had a few mentions here and there. It would be like adding Amazons or Halflings as entire, 4 LL + complete roster, factions.
    Surge_2 said:

It has the exact same name as the AoS lore and, at the moment, we lack the list of spells: if I'm wrong I'll happily eat my words but GW likely wants to use this to try and sell AoS stuff.

Except they are relevant. They are trying to conquer the oceans to become the uncontested rulers of the ocean and go on an endless reign of terror and raiding. I dare say they are now more relevant to the canon and important than DoW lol.

Also bad news for you, but uh... Halflings are happening. There is a cake entry in the database.
    Gamgee said:

Gamgee said:

Surge_2 said:

Except they are relevant. They are trying to conquer the oceans to become the uncontested rulers of the ocean and go on an endless reign of terror and raiding. I dare say they are now more relevant to the canon and important than DoW lol.

Also bad news for you, but uh... Halflings are happening. There is a cake entry in the database.
    I'm talking about from a lore perspective and from the perspective of their TT history, at best the Vampire Coast had a couple entries in the lore and (unlike DoW) they never had an armybook. So no, they are not "mur relevant than DoW lael."
    edited October 2018

Gamgee said:

Gamgee said:

Surge_2 said:

I'm talking about from a lore perspective and from the perspective of their TT history, at best the Vampire Coast had a couple entries in the lore and (unlike DoW) they never had an armybook. So no, they are not "mur relevant than DoW lael."
    Its almost like new factions don't have much lore because they are new. Who would have thought you can't write 30 years of lore for a faction when its first invented. I think that's the problem with old fantasy players they are too close minded to change and why fantasy really failed. No one wanted them to make anything new but play it safe. If the factions in this game are popular I have no doubt they will get new lore slowly over time as it goes on. I mean now that coast is canon it could appear in new books, rpg's with fleshed out lore, or other games. I mean its a real living breathing place now. Doesn't that excite you? I mean if fantasy had kept people engaged like this I think it would be around still.
    Gamgee said:

Gamgee said:

Gamgee said:

Surge_2 said:

Its almost like new factions don't have much lore because they are new. Who would have thought you can't write 30 years of lore for a faction when its first invented. I think that's the problem with old fantasy players they are too close minded to change and why fantasy really failed. No one wanted them to make anything new but play it safe.
    If they want to add this stuff after the important factions that actually had armybooks are put in? Sure, but not before: shelving the factions that actually had armybooks is silly.
    edited October 2018

Gamgee said:

Gamgee said:

Gamgee said:

Surge_2 said:

Its almost like new factions don't have much lore because they are new. Who would have thought you can't write 30 years of lore for a faction when its first invented. I think that's the problem with old fantasy players they are too close minded to change and why fantasy really failed. No one wanted them to make anything new but play it safe.
    If they want to add this stuff after the important factions that actually had armybooks are put in? Sure, but not before: shelving the factions that actually had armybooks is silly.
    What ones? Dogs of war? The rest are waiting for game 3. So your just pulling a hissy fit that its come out sooner than you expected? You sound like a spoiled child who didn't get what he wanted honestly. Even all the hints pointed to some sort of Vampire Coast release. Its not like DoW isn't coming.

Honestly I also think CA had another massive reason to put coasters ahead. To make people shut up about what is and isn't possible for them to add to the game lol.

Gamgee said:

Gamgee said:

Gamgee said:

Surge_2 said:

Honestly what gets added, reasonably, before Game 3, and it cannot be Ogres, or Daemons.

DoW are no more important.
    Southern Realms are no more important.

Its all just fleshing out the world at this point until the last 2 'real' factions arrive with Game 3.
    Beastmen

Surge_2 said:

Gamgee said:

Gamgee said:

Gamgee said:

Surge_2 said:

Honestly what gets added, reasonably, before Game 3, and it cannot be Ogres, or Daemons.

Its all just fleshing out the world at this point until the last 2 'real' factions arrive with Game 3.
    Honestly... vampire coast is a real faction to me now. They have greater stakes going on than the ogre kingdoms at any rate.
    Surge_2 said:

Gamgee said:

Gamgee said:

Gamgee said:

Surge_2 said:

Dogs of War, as I mentioned, had their own 6th edition armybook: Southern Realms could have been wrapped in with DoW or vice-versa. The Southern Realms also had more presence in the New World than any other Human faction, the New World Colonies faction is an example that's already on the map. Not to mention, if done right they could have gotten a really interesting playstyle and units. Then there's the fact that they had a good variety of Legendary Lord options, from a macho-man who uses a cannonball for a mace to a woman who has a strong affinity for poisoning enemies. Besides that, just look at the number of DoW threads that have been up in the Reddit and forums: they even got a cool mod in both Game 1 and 2.

Araby (even though I'm not as fond of it) also had some older stuff and did have a good impact on the setting, they're the reason a lot of Knightly Orders (Knights of the Blazing Sun, for instance) were founded. Of course, they don't have as many Legendary Lord options that are in the realm of the living and one could easily argue that they have less that makes them "pop."

Of course, with CA basically inventing this minor faction it's created a slippery slope: since now the super tiny factions are apparently ballgame. However, at most we might get one more faction as a Game 3 pre-order bonus and that's more likely to be a Game 1 faction. Since Game 3 is probably going to be announced next year, it's safe to assume that the Lizardmen+Skaven pack will be the last piece of DLC for game 2.

The core of the issue is, by the end of the day, this is Warhammer Fantasy's last dance and the setting's fans (myself included) want to see as much put in as possible. The problem? CA has a limited amount of time with the IP and, even if GW agreed to extend the contract, given the latter's history it's best to assume that they would charge up the wazoo for an extension. Because of that, it's a safe bet to say that CA will end work on this series the minute the contract ends: maybe a patch at the most. Because of that, every piece of (paid, don't care what they do with FLC) content like this could potentially take away from stuff that had more of a presence in the Table Top.
    Game 3 isnt even coming out next year.

That gives us MASSIVE space for

Southern Realms + DoW + Albion
    Araby

Both will happen, I have zero doubt.

Then you have game 3.

Pre-Order? Kislev
    Core Factions? Daemons, Ogres, Chaos Dwarves.

There is time to get these in, more than enough of it.
    Beastmen