Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Vampire Coast Legendary Lord: Count Noctilus

Comments

• Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 1,694
    You guys are all bent out of shape when its simply due to artistic styles being used. I like the End Times art as well, GW went all out on the art budget for those books, but thats not the style of this game.

The ceaseless moaning around here is exhausting.

'omg but his SPIKES are wrong'. Kill me
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,261
    Tayvar said:

Crossil said:

I'll be a contrarian. This new design is far more in line with other vampires aesthetics rather than old GW art which to me is preferable. The main complaint in my opinion would be spikes.

Those new vampire aesthetics are Twilight lite. They just look like humans with skin problem. There is no sense of dread in that.
    Twilight-Lite? well that would give a twist of how Noctilus had make Aranessa a vampire. :D
    They are just really human in appearance.

I can already see Noctilus sitting by her bed while she is asleep. I must admit to something. I have watched whole Twilight series. I never was the same again. In a sense it truly is a masterpiece, medium potent enough to impring itself in your minde. Scary stuff, really.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

Surge_2 said:

You guys are all bent out of shape when its simply due to artistic styles being used. I like the End Times art as well, GW went all out on the art budget for those books, but thats not the style of this game.

They are wrong and it has nothing to do with artistic license. Just a lazy copy and paste from Mannfred. They stand out, do not fit the theme at all.

Also artistic license does not absolve it of criticism. When you expect 30 Days of Night but get Vampire Diaries then to hell with such 'style'.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 10,877
    Surge_2 said:

I am okay with Noctilus's Model, also one of Tretch's Weapons also got changed in Total War.
  • ColonelDFColonelDF Registered Users Posts: 24
    Noctius looks awesome. You guys are just still angry you're precious Araby and Dogs of War weren't just chosen, just admit it?
  • Ol_NessieOl_Nessie Registered Users Posts: 3,335
    ColonelDF said:

Noctius looks awesome. You guys are just still angry you're precious Araby and Dogs of War weren't just chosen, just admit it?

Who tells somebody they should "just admit it" with a question mark?
    Build a Slayer Hero and make Miners, Rangers, and Irondrakes great again! Thorek Ironbrow 2020

• Ol_NessieOl_Nessie Registered Users Posts: 3,335
    ColonelDF said:

Noctius looks awesome...

You also spelled Noctilus wrong.
    Build a Slayer Hero and make Miners, Rangers, and Irondrakes great again! Thorek Ironbrow 2020

• TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 10,877

Surge_2 said:

They are wrong and it has nothing to do with artistic license. Just a lazy copy and paste from Mannfred. They stand out, do not fit the theme at all.

Also artistic license does not absolve it of criticism. When you expect 30 Days of Night but get Vampire Diaries then to hell with such 'style'.
    Not looking like a obvious monsters don't fit the theme of secret pirate coves?
  • CrajohCrajoh Member Registered Users Posts: 1,716
    Man this game keeps getting better. Gonna be a tough decision on what to play in Nov, Cowboys or Pirates. Love the Noctulis model
    Live your life and try to do no harm.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Evelyn Beatrice Hall
  • RiccardoCorradiniRiccardoCorradini Registered Users Posts: 657
    This could be a good time to change ti horde mechanic for other races too...

The vampire coast options
    Seems like way better than chaos and beastmen horde because they basically have the best of both ,and even Norsca has a similar treatment with a semi-hibrid and better horde mechanics. Why not just copying this ti beastmen and chaos?maybe implementing a Herdstone as a single capital city for beastmen and some settlement in the wastes for chaos? It's just sad ti play regular horde after reading this.
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 1,694
    I think a hybrid approach for Chaos would be great as well. Pure horde is not enjoyable.
  • KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 1,361
    ben8vtedu said:

ColonelDF said:

Noctius looks awesome...

You also spelled Noctilus wrong.
    The moment when the true VP fans cannot spell the name of their faction's main hero. Sad times indeed. Borgio and Jaffar are laughing themselves to death (again) in their grave :D .
  • WarpfaceWarpface Registered Users Posts: 7
    What's this balderskrag?! Where's the Mortal Empires start pos? Arr that's where the real booty lies!
  • NeverBackDownNeverBackDown Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,838
    Warpface said:

What's this balderskrag?! Where's the Mortal Empires start pos? Arr that's where the real booty lies!

Well knowing CA that'll come a few days before launch because... Hype
  • RikisRikis Registered Users Posts: 1,257
    Well, I think Noctilus looks awesome, could have easily been the main lord of the faction although Harkon looks cool to. His start position is great to, right in the middle. Great place to pillage pointy eared shores.

And seriously, fussing over back spikes is a bit silly... Zombie Vlad I could understand or Noctilus not having his chin piece but this...
  • FifthOfSpaghettiFifthOfSpaghetti Registered Users Posts: 1,629
    After looking at Manfred in my current campaign, and the picture posted in the first page. The spikes are similar but not the same... Manfreds got 2 wider spaced spikes in comparison to Noctilus’ 4. The 2 of which I assume are in question based on his profile are closer together, angled more vertical and shorter. I can’t believe this is the concern.

• DeathboundDeathbound Registered Users Posts: 91
    My only real complaint is he's a little too flesh-toned, but I'm sure that will be modded rather quickly so eh. His effects and skills sound pretty awesome, I am particularly intrigued by the mechanics of his war declaration missions.
  • D3adgodsD3adgods Registered Users Posts: 62

My only real complaint is he's a little too flesh-toned, but I'm sure that will be modded rather quickly so eh. His effects and skills sound pretty awesome, I am particularly intrigued by the mechanics of his war declaration missions.

I'd imagine it would be similar to Alith Anar's bounty mechanic, but if all you had to do was declare war, it would be too easy. I hope it includes the task of winning a battle against that faction's armies or settlements to make it more involved.
  • BrakierBrakier Registered Users Posts: 1,528

Not sure if it wasn't revealed deliberately...but he doesn't seem to have any magical abilities? Reckon that will tie into the lore of the deep release

they probly are not revealing all stuff legendary lords have, like it been whit all showcases, like im pretty sure that all of them have more then 1 legendary item, considering tomb kings had several per lord and not to mention all the items you could get from the faction forge.

edited October 2018
    Nemox said:

I'm intrigued by the unique rewards of the war declarations. Should help make up for the lack of cool legendary items/weapons

they are not showing all ll items they have.
    Post edited by Brakier on

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 17,680
    His start position is definitely awesome. Though the ME start is more interesting.

Overall him and Harkon are a tie. I'm hoping one of the two to come is mounted on a crab.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 19,153
    Several personal remark posts deleted.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • imnrkimnrk Registered Users Posts: 211
    Some of these buffs are pretty interesting. I've never been a fan of monster-heavy setups though, so Noctilus will probably be one of the last Lords I'll start as with this pack.

So we have a general-purpose lord and a monster-focused lord. I imagine that Arnessa will be gunpowder-focused, and the mystery fourth will focus on magic.
  • DeathboundDeathbound Registered Users Posts: 91

His start position is definitely awesome. Though the ME start is more interesting.

Overall him and Harkon are a tie. I'm hoping one of the two to come is mounted on a crab.

I assume that Aranessa will be, makes sense thematically for the supposed child of a god to be carried into battle by a creature of said god's realm.
  • Michael4537Michael4537 Registered Users Posts: 2,183
    ben8vtedu said:

ColonelDF said:

Who tells somebody they should "just admit it" with a question mark?
    Everybody makes mistakes? ;)
  • EliacTheEmeraldTeethEliacTheEmeraldTeeth Registered Users Posts: 444
    If Noctilus starts in GG in ME as well, first thing i gonna do is to conquer nice piece of bretonnia , then do what CA loves the most : Murder some elves
    I assure you, we are very real. And we have come for you and your realm.
  • englisharcher89englisharcher89 Senior Member Bath, UKRegistered Users Posts: 3,990
    Krunch said:

I just don't like how he doesn't look vampiric enough. He looks more like some sea-madman druid, not a proud Vampire and terror of the Sea's.

I am also not greatest fan of CA design on Vamps, plus there ia a graphical bug and Mannfred has no fangs at all.
    Vampire Counts
    Tomb Kings
    The Empire

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
    Tayvar said:

Surge_2 said:

Not looking like a obvious monsters don't fit the theme of secret pirate coves?
    Glamour. I'm sure he can appear normal with the use of magic. And to be honest he is the big bad leader who doesn't spend much time in those secret pirate coves but on his castle-ship.
    Rikis said:

Well, I think Noctilus looks awesome, could have easily been the main lord of the faction although Harkon looks cool to. His start position is great to, right in the middle. Great place to pillage pointy eared shores.

And seriously, fussing over back spikes is a bit silly... Zombie Vlad I could understand or Noctilus not having his chin piece but this...

Look at his art. What a beautiful composition it is, seaweed and barbed spikes rising from it. You will see them during gameplay a lot. But CA instead of doing his nautical theme justice, went for literal copy+paste. Hat, chin and those spikes made me fall in love with his design. And his skin is far too lively for a water loving leech.

in single player i love using my lords on foot, couse i like looking at them fight , many times they have a particular style . and i can already tell that i will probly keep noctilus on the ground forever couse just look how bad ass he looks whit that axe.

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 17,680

I assume that Aranessa will be, makes sense thematically for the supposed child of a god to be carried into battle by a creature of said god's realm.
    I'll probably go with her then.

I'm betting the 4th LL is lumped with the huge single cannon thing.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.