Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

In ProgressGraphics are way too sharp

1235»

Comments

• AggravatedPeasantAggravatedPeasant Registered Users Posts: 20
    I don't think there's virtually any difference now. I just forgot to turn off my distortion effect off in TW:WH, but otherwise they look the same except for color scheme in my opinion.
  • General_SandersGeneral_Sanders Member Registered Users Posts: 40
    same here, with the new patch and sharpening filter off it still looks virtually the same. Very disappointing :(
  • manslewmanslew Registered Users Posts: 29
    Same here, literally NOTHING changed. Im irrationally mad right now.
  • HellbenderHellbender Registered Users Posts: 32
    Sharpening is definitely gone, and it looks way better in my opinion.

I mean, it looked really, really bad before, so any improvement is good. I agree that TW:WH still looks better than TW:WH2, but mostly in terms of colour use. WH2 has much brighter and contrasted colours, which naturally causes the image to clash a bit more. I think it fits with the New World theme. Haven't tried Mortal Empires yet.

Stuttering around the Vortex indeed remains, as well as that strange dithering proximity fade.

Sharpening is definitely gone, and it looks way better in my opinion.

I mean, it looked really, really bad before, so any improvement is good. I agree that TW:WH still looks better than TW:WH2, but mostly in terms of colour use. WH2 has much brighter and contrasted colours, which naturally causes the image to clash a bit more. I think it fits with the New World theme. Haven't tried Mortal Empires yet.

Stuttering around the Vortex indeed remains, as well as that strange dithering proximity fade.

Id like to see pictures of your units in-game in the snow, or in the desert, because everything looks EXACTLY the same for me.
  • HellbenderHellbender Registered Users Posts: 32
    edited October 2017
    manslew said:

Id like to see pictures of your units in-game in the snow, or in the desert, because everything looks EXACTLY the same for me.

I posted pictures in the other thread. Not of the snow or desert, though, I haven't seen those places yet.

I'll admit that it still looks sharper than WH1, but I believe that may have been a design decision to make the New World look more vibrant than the Old World? Maybe WH1 has an extra smoothing filter of some kind? The extra sharpening filter of WH2 is definitely gone, though the image may still be too sharp to your liking.
  • DamageDutyDamageDuty Registered Users Posts: 7
    FINALLY!! The game looks so good without the sharpening filter! after weeks of waiting this game finally looks amazing! Keen to get into it!
  • kmansp38kmansp38 Registered Users Posts: 185

FINALLY!! The game looks so good without the sharpening filter! after weeks of waiting this game finally looks amazing! Keen to get into it!

What kind of system do you have?

i7 7700K 4.7 Ghz
    Nvidia Duke 1080 8GB
    16 GB Ram
    500GB SSD
    Windows 10
  • AggravatedPeasantAggravatedPeasant Registered Users Posts: 20
    edited October 2017
    Guys by saying it virtually doesn't look any different, I was refering to my screenshots. I can't see the difference, there's always been some sharpness, even in TW:WH1

AKA I see almost no difference between the two games now.
  • crazyivancrazyivan Registered Users Posts: 16
    guys you can play around all you like > its the **** SSAO setting it bugged as hell. TWH1 near perfect all setting on max. ME and TW2 same setting ****. Turning ssao of just stops the shadinging effects and with out it all looks way to cartony.
    first shot twh1 all setting maxed out. pretty good no blurry shai secounf shot ME
    Notice all the blurry shading
  • jpinardjpinard Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 676
    edited October 2017
    @crazyivan While it's nice to be passionate, it gets into a "you need help" point when someone is this upset... over a graphic setting or filter. Take a break for a bit while they address it or a modder makes an adjustment if this is going to make you want to firebomb entire villages.

Also, you only posted one picture in that last post LOL. There is no comparison shot. ;) The image that is in your last post looks very sharp and clear unless you're referring to the guys at the way back end of the line. Though maybe you have Hawk eyes and I am going blind. My vision in RL is going to crap.
    first shot twh1 all setting maxed out. pretty good no blurry shai secounf shot ME
    jpinard don't tell me to cool down i love this game as yes i loved the twh1 graphics not thw2 they totally dropped the ball on this one .and you don't need lazer eyes to see the massive difference. also this forum is very hard to post on as you have to wait for some one to let your post get through so that some one may not chose to let you post through .And i posted 2 shots so get your facts right for some reason not all my posts get through good bad or indifferent .
    this is another atempt
    at [email protected] srceen see the bad shading effect.
  • kelstrkelstr Registered Users Posts: 472
    crazyivan said:

jpinard don't tell me to cool down i love this game as yes i loved the twh1 graphics not thw2 they totally dropped the ball on this one .and you don't need lazer eyes to see the massive difference. also this forum is very hard to post on as you have to wait for some one to let your post get through so that some one may not chose to let you post through .And i posted 2 shots so get your facts right for some reason not all my posts get through good bad or indifferent .
    this is another atempt
    at [email protected] srceen see the bad shading effect.

I do agree with you... with SSAO turned off, the game looks like utter garbage. With it turned on, it's much better... however the "light borders" around units... and the grainy issues with the ground and vegetation make it look horrible.

So, you have to turn it off and play it that way (looks bad) or turn on SSAO and go bonkers looking at the fuzzy garbage. Literally I've stopped playing and modding TWW2 until this is fixed.
    well i hope they fix it but ca think they are a god and we just the paying public lol
  • Greally2014Greally2014 Registered Users Posts: 12
    crazyivan said:

well i hope they fix it but ca think they are a god and we just the paying public lol

Still not fixed :(
    jpinard don't tell me to cool down i love this game as yes i loved the twh1 graphics not thw2 they totally dropped the ball on this one .and you don't need lazer eyes to see the massive difference. also this forum is very hard to post on as you have to wait for some one to let your post get throu
  • sarkonassarkonas Registered Users Posts: 30
    edited January 2018
    Yeah screw that god damn shadow aura. That and the performance problems need to go before I go back to TWW2 or buy any other Total War product.
    This thread has been up since October with 150 replies and this issue still hasnt been fixed. This is just pathetic.
  • QmotionQmotion Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 238
    Made a new thread about the SSAO bug where Grace has responded:

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/211761/please-fix-ssao-shadows-for-upcoming-dlc#latest

Hopefully they will do something about it now lol
    Qmotion said:

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/211761/please-fix-ssao-shadows-for-upcoming-dlc#latest

They responded back in October too though, they've known since then and they have still done literally nothing.
  • QmotionQmotion Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 238
    manslew said:

Qmotion said:

They responded back in October too though, they've known since then and they have still done literally nothing.
    I guess we have to spam the forum enough for them to start doing something about it.
  • baz44331baz44331 Member Registered Users Posts: 121
    edited February 2018

I have this problem too guys. all the High Elves look werd. I have 1070 8GB card and 16GB ram and 4.4GHz CPU. so no problems running any game. it looks Sharp with little black spots on the units. no matte what the settings it looks very bad, CA fix this already for god sake,

I have all the Warhammer Total war games and DLC. fix the game so i can play the thing,
  • JuroslavJuroslav Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 294
    I know this is necro but did someone find any solution to this? Game is really unplayable for me because of this.

Thanks
    LOVE FOR DIPLOMACY!!! :)
  • LasttimeLasttime Registered Users Posts: 1
    No official reaction? It's still awfull and worse than Warhammer 1?!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file