Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Cylostra Direfin must be removed from this dlc and not with mods

Comments

• ZerglesZergles Member Registered Users Posts: 3,014
    She's goofy as all hell. But I am largely indifferent to her existence. I just think CA is bad at creating new lore. This was their first try, and it's pretty bad. I hope they get better.

But seriously. Whoever thought Direfin up...jeez...take a creative writing class or something. Direfin is exactly what I'd expect from someone who doesn't do fantasy, to create for fantasy games/stories.

"Guys. Guys...what if...guys listen to me...look. Opera Singer Ghost. And...like...she's fat and sassy...and...like..." - CA boardroom meeting. 2018.
  • NopeacejustwarNopeacejustwar Registered Users Posts: 1,018
    WHFB is dead from a lore perspective. At least these additions are injecting life back into it, and expanding the universe. It fits with the wackyness of Warhammer and I wouldn’t mind other additions like this.
  • HarkovastHarkovast Registered Users Posts: 2,036
    OP is clearly joking.
    At least I hope so, he made me laugh!
    For The Lady, for Manann, for Bordeleaux!
  • CarognaCarogna Registered Users Posts: 323
    edited October 2018
    People seem to think WHFB was some form of high literature... It's always been goofy, cheesy and derivative and that's just how I like it. Cylostra fits perfectly and she is more original than a lot of generic GW characters.
    Team Skaven
    Team Dark Elves
  • Lord of CinderLord of Cinder Registered Users Posts: 376
    One thing is certain. CA has spend time and money to create this...character. By time I mean model, animations and voice because lore and backstory certainly weren't a priority. I still wonder how can Ursula suddenly become qualified to captain a crew just because she died in some accident, but hey, what do I know?

They WILL NOT remove the creature no matter what we do. She CAN work in this setting not because she is fitting, but simply because the other LL from this particular faction are just as ridiculous/over the top.

However, the fat lady makes me worried about something much more sinister. Remember the Rome 2 fiasco?
    Remember "not historically accurate, but historically authentic" nonsense?

Is CA getting woke? Is this poorly thought out, kinda forced character one more step towards their idea of "diversifying" their games? Hope not.

Go woke and go broke! Learn from EA!
  • DukeusDukeus Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 164
    I wanna play here. I want you removed
  • SegersgiaSegersgia Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 299
    Zergles said:

But seriously. Whoever thought Direfin up...jeez...take a creative writing class or something. Direfin is exactly what I'd expect from someone who doesn't do fantasy, to create for fantasy games/stories.

Fellheart, Darkblade, Ironhide, Goldtooth, Whitebeard, Grudgebearer, Ironfist, Ironhammer, Saltspite, ... I can go on.
  • CarognaCarogna Registered Users Posts: 323

One thing is certain. CA has spend time and money to create this...character. By time I mean model, animations and voice because lore and backstory certainly weren't a priority. I still wonder how can Ursula suddenly become qualified to captain a crew just because she died in some accident, but hey, what do I know?

They WILL NOT remove the creature no matter what we do. She CAN work in this setting not because she is fitting, but simply because the other LL from this particular faction are just as ridiculous/over the top.

However, the fat lady makes me worried about something much more sinister. Remember the Rome 2 fiasco?
    Remember "not historically accurate, but historically authentic" nonsense?

Is CA getting woke? Is this poorly thought out, kinda forced character one more step towards their idea of "diversifying" their games? Hope not.

Go woke and go broke! Learn from EA!

Yeah, the inclusion of an overweight female character surely means they are part of of the SJW conspiracy and they mean to take over the world.
    Team Skaven
    Team Dark Elves
  • jherr46jherr46 Registered Users Posts: 112
    If you don’t like her mod her out. Seriously dude it’s really not as serious as you’re making it out to be in this post.
  • Lord_KamionLord_Kamion Registered Users Posts: 959
    KronusX said:

Why remove it? Just change her model,lore and name and she fits perfectly in. The whole idea of summoning bretonnian knights as a pirate seems cool and a new type of magic.

Except a true Brettonia would rather die than be a pirate
  • Aman3712Aman3712 Registered Users Posts: 522
    Why hasn’t this been closed yet? :open_mouth:
  • SegersgiaSegersgia Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 299
    Aman3712 said:

Because Dge is probably taking some aspirine after modding this forum for the past weekend. Give him some time to recuperate.
  • Aman3712Aman3712 Registered Users Posts: 522
    Segersgia said:

Aman3712 said:

Because Dge is probably taking some aspirine after modding this forum for the past weekend. Give him some time to recuperate.
    Ah, got it :)
  • GCRustGCRust Registered Users Posts: 604
    Cav on Command plus overall tankiness buff to her forces?

OP, I will cut you if you touch my Banshee.
  • ArthenArthen Registered Users Posts: 4
    Some people may need to take some lessons on what a "democracy" is and how democratic government actually functions...
  • TempestWolfTempestWolf Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 963
    Aman3712 said:

It's sunday... give the mods a break
  • Boerni86Boerni86 Registered Users Posts: 51
    I remember playing Dark Omen back in the day and nobody complained about all the OC characters in that game.
    I'm not sold on Clyostra, but an OC by CA does not bother me, just wish they'd come up with a better character. :/

• Reaper49Reaper49 Registered Users Posts: 747
    This forum must be rated 18+. Kids dont vote even in democracy. Find some purpose in your life and stop write evry day about cylostra.
  • ShadowOmenShadowOmen Registered Users Posts: 84
    She reminds me of those disgusting One Piece characters, by the way **** anime just like the others. She must be removed to preserve the warhammer lore and to respect the loyal fans of the setting.
  • OmegaJakOmegaJak Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 71
    Anyone else finding it really, really weird that there's a ghost who surrounds herself with rotting corpses and massive rotting crabs and tries to slaughter the hated living and people are complaining that they don't fancy her? It's weird. It's just really puerile and weird.
  • KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 1,391
    OmegaJak said:

Anyone else finding it really, really weird that there's a ghost who surrounds herself with rotting corpses and massive rotting crabs and tries to slaughter the hated living and people are complaining that they don't fancy her? It's weird. It's just really puerile and weird.

Why would it be weird? She has an awful model, bad lore and a bad name. The fact she is CA made could work fine if CA put some REAL work into it. Her mechanics seem rather cool.
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Registered Users Posts: 3,067

She reminds me of those disgusting One Piece characters, by the way **** anime just like the others. She must be removed to preserve the warhammer lore and to respect the loyal fans of the setting.

Tell me exactly how she is destroying the lore. Because I gurantee you can not make a logical argument about her somehow destroying the lore.
    OmegaJak said:

If you don't know the lore, so no a warhammer fan, it is better to say nothing.
  • oliverpmasonoliverpmason Registered Users Posts: 935

I have just spoken to everyone and they all say they want her to stay. It's just you and at most a dozen others complaining.

Also why do you want a good looking ghost? Do you spank off to this game? I bet you do and are scared of women.

Tell me exactly how she is destroying the lore. Because I gurantee you can not make a logical argument about her somehow destroying the lore.
    She is not present in the original setting or in any gw works, so she mustn't be in. Also bretonnian knights would never become ghost. In the end there was vangeist who was a far better and interesting character. Her lire simply sucks.

I have just spoken to everyone and they all say they want her to stay. It's just you and at most a dozen others complaining.

Also why do you want a good looking ghost? Do you spank off to this game? I bet you do and are scared of women.
    Because she is really terrible, poor made and uninspiring.
  • GCRustGCRust Registered Users Posts: 604
    KronusX said:

OmegaJak said:

Why would it be weird? She has an awful model, bad lore and a bad name. The fact she is CA made could work fine if CA put some REAL work into it. Her mechanics seem rather cool.
    CA did put the REAL work into her. She's got great mechanics. Model, lore, and name really are secondary there.

Is THAT what this is all about? The fact she's got great campaign/lord effects but people don't feel she deserves them?
  • OmegaJakOmegaJak Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 71

OmegaJak said:

If you don't know the lore, so no a warhammer fan, it is better to say nothing.
    I don't know what makes you think I don't know the lore, I'm glad it's getting something new added to it now GW have killed off the old world. She's entirely in keeping with the weird silliness of Warhammer, your complaint seems to be primarily about her being unattractive. It's ridiculous.
    If Cylostra will remain, CA has to make skretch a legendary lord.
  • KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 1,391
    Rust said:

KronusX said:

OmegaJak said:

CA did put the REAL work into her. She's got great mechanics. Model, lore, and name really are secondary there.

Is THAT what this is all about? The fact she's got great campaign/lord effects but people don't feel she deserves them?
    I mean if this is CA putting real work in it, I would rather have them add existing LLs and add more features. More stuff that matters instead of Charlemagnes. Won't affect me either way, I'll have her modded as soon as possible and make sure she disappears from the ME map as soon as I start a playthrough.