Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

CA plz you go all way to amazing and you stay to mediocore...............

Reaper49Reaper49 Posts: 737Registered Users
edited October 2018 in General Discussion
Plz on launch this models fixed will send this from 7,5/10 to a 9/10.

-Sartossa free company (i believe you havent see them) make them feel like pirates and add 2 more units of reskined empire units (pirate lookin not lumperjucks).
-A bit better representation models of the Vampire Bloodlines would also amazing.

Your core fan base ask this.

Comments

• AngmirAngmir Senior Member Posts: 1,253Registered Users
    Blooblines are good. Too bad they arent Booblines ;p

I make a staggering ammount of misspelling errors in my posts myself, but please try using some translating software to make sure people can understand you OP.

I think you wanted to say - that this DLC FLC combo could go to 9/10 quality if only they put out a little bit more of work into few lazy models they released ?

I agreee.

I can tell they are making a great job tryign to improve this game, but then they cut corners so much doing lazy work in the other places. You would think they no longer have to fear about closing deadlines, and they could focus fully to provide us with polished product ...

But Still I apreciate they are willing to improve on the game, patching it up, and revisiting the old content !
  • ChosenByMuhLadyChosenByMuhLady Posts: 62Registered Users
    edited October 2018
    nah this is CA, they are too lazy for that
  • Reaper49Reaper49 Posts: 737Registered Users
    Angmir said:

Blooblines are good. Too bad they arent Booblines ;p

I make a staggering ammount of misspelling errors in my posts myself, but please try using some translating software to make sure people can understand you OP.

I think you wanted to say - that this DLC FLC combo could go to 9/10 quality if only they put out a little bit more of work into few lazy models they released ?

I agreee.

I can tell they are making a great job tryign to improve this game, but then they cut corners so much doing lazy work in the other places. You would think they no longer have to fear about closing deadlines, and they could focus fully to provide us with polished product ...

But Still I apreciate they are willing to improve on the game, patching it up, and revisiting the old content !

So you can read......
    Yes that is what i say. I think its easy for them to do it. If i m wrong here i want to correct me.

You must hope they will fix their issues.
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 13,480Registered Users, Moderators
    Its hard to tell how hard or easy things are for CA to do.

But I agree it would be nice to get the Sartosans fixed up a bit. The Necrarch needs it the most out of the Bloodline Lords I think, followed by the Lahmian perhaps? I dunno, sounds like she's probably just going to be the Vampire Hero but fixed up a bit?
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • GunKingGunKing Posts: 591Registered Users
    Sartosa Free Company is unfortunate and shoddy workmanship. Yes, mods can fix it, but they shouldn't have to. They look like Averland Free Company but stripped of all their vaguely pirate flavor and given Beastmen axes. That's a few hours of work and is surely not the best they could come up with in 6 months of dev time, of which the longer time between releases was supposed to RAISE QUALITY.

The added dev time was not use wisely if there are just as many cut corners as before.
  • englisharcher89englisharcher89 Senior Member Bath, UKPosts: 3,970Registered Users
    edited October 2018
    Expectations

Reality

Yeah let's just make NEcromancer body with generic Vampire head no one will notice

Vampire Counts
    Tomb Kings
    The Empire

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
  • NeverBackDownNeverBackDown Senior Member Posts: 1,828Registered Users

With ignorant comments like these you wonder why devs don't go on the internet to reply to consumers.
    Add in the fact software development is anything but a lazy profession.

Expectations

Reality

Yeah let's just make NEcromancer body with generic Vampire head no one will notice

Yeah this looks awesome. CA plz make this an amazing DLC. Look at this art
  • LolTHELolLolTHELol Posts: 778Registered Users
    edited October 2018
    I have pretty much same forum discussion.

CA should up their game a little bit more, or else we will be stuck with necromancer body vampire head Necrach Lord

It is bloody 2 Lords they have to up their game Lahmian (do not for love of god use the vampire hero model for the lord as well, differentiate her (e.g. Coven Throne mount)) and Necrach, rest already have models in game.
  • mahboi1mahboi1 Member Posts: 773Registered Users
    edited October 2018

With ignorant comments like these you wonder why devs don't go on the internet to reply to consumers.
    And what is ignorant about it? Nothing but reused assets, without any modifications, while modders are able to take what little workable assets there are and make works of art from them!
    Sigmar wills it!
  • NagashizzarNagashizzar NagahsizzarPosts: 249Registered Users
    I must agree. Great idea but done somewhat half... I dont see why they cant make some cool new lords for this.... I get the idea that they do this for money rather than love for the genre warhammer.... Might be tottaly wrong, and not saying they are, but I get this vibe sometimes.

Nagash shall come!
  • RikisRikis Posts: 1,246Registered Users
    edited October 2018
    Considering I was expecting they just throw in the loyalty system I find the Bloodline system a real treat. Sure I would like the double chocolate cookie but I am happy with the raising one they gave out for free.
    Its all about expectations.

If you expected something similar to the Dwarf update, this is fine. In fact this is wonderful. But if you expected perfection? You'll be gravely disappointed.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
    Canuovea said:

If you expected something similar to the Dwarf update, this is fine. In fact this is wonderful. But if you expected perfection? You'll be gravely disappointed.

Whats better to push for perfection? Not only for your product but for yourself also.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 17,233Registered Users
    Canuovea said:

Pretty much. We got as expected. S'all good.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • Xenos7Xenos7 Posts: 5,165Registered Users
    If CA doesn't want to make models for things they add to the game they should release a proper modding toolkit with the possibility to import our own models. Sure, go ahead cutting corners everywhere, but at least allow us to fix things ourselves!
  • Xenos7Xenos7 Posts: 5,165Registered Users

I must agree. Great idea but done somewhat half... I dont see why they cant make some cool new lords for this.... I get the idea that they do this for money rather than love for the genre warhammer.... Might be tottaly wrong, and not saying they are, but I get this vibe sometimes.

I get the same vibe. There is no passion.
  • MarcusLiviusMarcusLivius Senior Member Posts: 638Registered Users
    Man I am surprised all these perfected Warhammer super fans have not earned enough money to buy CA and buy Games Workshop. Then they could release and create all the content they want. I suppose the super fans just don't have enough passion.

Man I am surprised all these perfected Warhammer super fans have not earned enough money to buy CA and buy Games Workshop. Then they could release and create all the content they want. I suppose the super fans just don't have enough passion.

You seem to be able to buy a Generic Vampire Lord for Nagash. Good for you. Epic quality.
  • NeverBackDownNeverBackDown Senior Member Posts: 1,828Registered Users
    edited October 2018
    mahboi1 said:

And what is ignorant about it? Nothing but reused assets, without any modifications, while modders are able to take what little workable assets there are and make works of art from them!
    Your comment is also ignorant. Assuming CA are lazy when you know nothing about them personally or how software development works.

News flash, reusing is the name of the game in software development. Ever wonder why places like github are so popular? It's because reusing is vital to software development, as the popular saying goes, 'The internet wouldn't exist without open source.' So naturally this extends to other areas of software development, like game development, because it's all in the same area of study. So no you shouldn't be surprised when things get reused. Every game in the world does it. Some are just better at hiding it than others. It speeds up development, saves resources, saves performance(not having to load in additional assets, store less in memory). Don't fix what's broken.
  • Lord_KamionLord_Kamion Posts: 957Registered Users
    edited October 2018

Canuovea said:

How suprising. You disagree with the OC's completely valis point.

Yeah it's crazy we haven't gotten a couple of new models from it, Warhammer is their most successful game and it sure doesn't feel like it looking at this FlC. Could have been a great addition, but a bunch of easy stuff they have missed out on. Models for bloodlines, Red Duke...etc

Still a good addition, but not what it could have been
    Post edited by Lord_Kamion on
    Reaper49 said:

Canuovea said:

Whats better to push for perfection? Not only for your product but for yourself also.
    It is good to push for perfection, but to expect it is quite an other thing. Unrealistic expectations are as bad as low expectations, perhaps worse. Misery and bitterness follow when you expect perfection and nothing can meet your standards, and I'd rather be generally happy.

Aim high, expect low.
  • uriakuriak Posts: 3,421Registered Users
    I'd really like to have customers like this...

Their modellers are busy with the new flashy content, so they use time from the campaign dev to add some loreful mechanic -> people complain they didn't do a brand new model. Well if they could they would certainly use that time to actually do a new Lord in the first place, say someone with a kraken mask.

It was GW business to add new models as often as possible to sell them to you, let's add bloodlines so VC players have not one but potentially 6 vampires models to use and buy. This game doesn't sell such atomic DLC, because it's not their business model and if they started to, believe me the outcry would be magnitude louder. (pay 1.3 $ for the Necrach, 1.3 for the Lahmian etc )

If the future Neferata and her cohort are added, they may retroactively update the models to fit, same for nechrachs etc.

As said, some people here keep imagining a game far from what from the reality.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 17,233Registered Users

Canuovea said:

How suprising. You disagree with the OC's completely valis point.

Yeah it's crazy we haven't gotten a couple of new models from it, Warhammer is their most successful game and it sure doesn't feel like it looking at this FlC. Could have been a great addition, but a bunch of each stuff they have missed out on. Models for bloodlines, Red Duke...etc
    I don't know who you are, but I do know your personal opinion of me is irrelevant.

It's crazy? What exactly about the Dwarf or Brettonian updates made it logical to think we'd get new models from this? This is exactly what should have been expected. It's a pretty good result. The VC got mechanics updates which is exactly what they needed.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
    So here we have people that dont even read the thread. The same people as always.