Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

CA: CHANGE TO THE 4TH LEGENDARY LORD (CYLOSTRA DIREFIN)

dacurtdacurt Registered Users Posts: 99
edited October 2018 in Feedback & Suggestions
Hola CA
Creo que hablo en nombre de la gran mayoría de la comunidad (con esta solicitud se puede verificar), para expresar el gran disgusto de conocer el DLC del 4to Señor legendario del TWW2 (Curse of the Vampire Coast), "Cylostra Direfin ". El propósito de esta petición es cambiar este carácter.
Este Señor ha sido una ivención del 100% de su parte, y teniendo en cuenta las muchas opciones que hay que satisfacen las necesidades de este rol (como "Vangheist"), es muy decepcionante y desagradable ver cómo se le da tanto. importancia (igual que Karl Franz) a un personaje inventado, que también es horrible, tanto en estética como en la tradición (¿un fantasma bretoniano que puede resucitar a los muertos?). La posición inicial de esto, también es horrible, ¿por qué tan cerca de los Hombres Lagarto? No tiene sentido, solo les molesta mucho, tendría más sentido cerca de Bretonia, las Tierras del Sur.
El camino que estaba tomando el DLC hasta ahora, no era malo, pero esto ... no.
Por favor, CA, escucha a tus fans y reconsidera cambiar este personaje.

Firma esta petición: https://chn.ge/2QMTsn3

English on the forum please. Inglés en el foro por favor.
Google translation:

Hello CA
I think I speak on behalf of the vast majority of the community (with this request can be verified), to express the great displeasure of knowing the DLC of the legendary 4th Lord of the TWW2 (Curse of the Vampire Coast), "Cylostra Direfin". The purpose of this petition is to change this character.
This Lord has been a 100% ivención on your part, and taking into account the many options that there are that meet the needs of this role (as "Vangheist"), it is very disappointing and unpleasant to see how it is given so much. importance (like Karl Franz) to an invented character, which is also horrible, both in aesthetics and in tradition (a Bretonian ghost that can resurrect the dead?). The initial position of this, is also horrible, why so close to the Lizardmen? It does not make sense, it only bothers them a lot, it would make more sense near Bretonnia, the Southlands.
The road that the DLC was taking until now was not bad, but this ... no.
Please, CA, listen to your fans and reconsider changing this character.

Sign this petition
Post edited by dge1 on

Comments

• Geistermeister96Geistermeister96 Registered Users Posts: 5
    I absolutely agree.

Honestly CA should not start breaking the lore and insert their weird badly written and unbelievable fan fiction characters.

First of all a fat peasant in Brettonia ? Unlikely. Then a singer who drowns between Ulthuan and Brettonia but ends up in Lustria ? Ridiculous. And then a singer who when resurrected somehow is a fully fledged spellcaster ? You gotta be kidding me.

If you didnt want to use someone like Vangheist as a lord or even that undead skaven crew that Noctilus raised from the dead (would be pretty hillarious), or the TombKing who joined the Dreadfleet, or even the Silver Princess who despite having almost nothing for lore to her at least is a canon character, then just take ANY character from the lore who is already long dead and sailed the seas, make an undead version of them and have them be the 4th lord. That would break the lore less than this stupid thing.

For example :

Marco Colombo, famour explorer of Lustria, always getting a better bargain than his trade partner (like when he pretty much tricked the Lizardmen) and long long dead in the lore at the time the game takes place.

Why not just say he is now a ghost and roams the seas as his greed for riches, fame and exploration has not allowed him to rest peacefully. Make him etheral and yes, even a spellcaster if you so much want a spell caster lord because unlike some singer he at least had to work with magic items and so on and wouldnt be a complete newbie to the stuff.

This would be less stupid than whatever this Cylostra thing is supposed to be.
  • kilijankilijan Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 474
    I disagree. CA works with Game workshop for the creation of this character and they worked in Harkon just fine. This is a faction I expected for a long time now and i'm glad to see them bring in the information from the lore directly from ca and its affiliates.

I underrstand that you're dissapointed by the last legendary lord but i think we need to give CA some creative licence because it will be necessary going forward. I think the idea is to create a unique situation for the faction we need to back off on our dissapointment.
  • dacurtdacurt Registered Users Posts: 99
    edited October 2018
    kilijan said:

I disagree. CA works with Game workshop for the creation of this character and they worked in Harkon just fine. This is a faction I expected for a long time now and i'm glad to see them bring in the information from the lore directly from ca and its affiliates.

I underrstand that you're dissapointed by the last legendary lord but i think we need to give CA some creative licence because it will be necessary going forward. I think the idea is to create a unique situation for the faction we need to back off on our dissapointment.

The problem is that Warhammer have more oficials LL to chouse, dont need to invent.
  • Geistermeister96Geistermeister96 Registered Users Posts: 5
    kilijan said:

Why excatly do you claim that this type of thing is nessecary going forward ? I can see no reason for not using the endless numbers of characters that are already in the lore, whether with a lot of information to them or not.

There is also no reason to completely make up characters when the ones that are alive at the time do not suit your taste as it would still make more sense to make an undead version of a character that is already dead as this is still somewhat within the boundaries of what is possible in Warhammer. The new character on the other hand is simply not part of the lore, thats it.
  • RedWarrior3RedWarrior3 Registered Users Posts: 11
    edited October 2018
    The most important thing is that the invented character shouldn't be some kind of replacement of loreful LLs. If CA created it as an addition to loreful LLs and did it with GW, why not?
  • kilijankilijan Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 474
    I don't remember claiming that this type of thing is necessary, ever. They made up one character. Woop dee doo. What makes you jump to the conclusion that this is going to be happening on a regular basis?
  • DracoknightDracoknight Registered Users Posts: 281
    This does not detract any for their pool of potensial things to add, quite the opposite as they can add lords and heroes that fulfill a niche of gameplay not avaliable with the current lore. Its a videogame first and a warhammer encyclopedia never.

There might even be reason to why "Iconic" lords never get added in any strong degree could be that they are not different enough, relevant to the scope of the game, or just not as "iconic" as these people claim it to be.

For a etheral caster LL, there was none, they filled that niche with their own. Thats it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file