Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Stutter, Lag, Crash fix

MisterMister Junior MemberPosts: 32Registered Users
edited October 2018 in Technology
I recently had a problem that I managed to fix. I just want to let everyone know and report it CA (if they notice it) so they might be able to do something or NVIDIA.. (I don't know who really to report it to)

When I was playing Total War Warhammer 2, my game was crashing, lagging, and stuttering heavily.
I noticed on task manager, the game was sucking up A LOT or almost all of my ram.
On task manager, it was taking about 7GB of memory and 22GB or higher of my confined memory.

Fix:
Revert back to the old Nvidia Driver update.
(I personally went to the Aug 27 driver update because I knew at that time it definitely worked)

Problem:
Apparently the new nvidia driver update screwed my total war up but some of my other games were fine.

Specs (Just for those who will ask if my computer is not up for total war...)
I7 8700k
GTX 1080
ballistix DDR4-2400 2X8GB

Update:

Dx Diag: https://www.mediafire.com/file/rq6fjrx7a32b4ge/DxDiag.txt/file
The problem still continues even with the newer drivers.
Post edited by Mister on

Comments

• SaltwaterSaltwater Posts: 4Registered Users
    yes same with me
    GeFroce GTX 1080
    NVidia Driver 411.70
    i5 8600K CPU @ 3,60 GHz
    15,95 GB RAM

everything went fine yesterday today installed the new nvidia driver update and getting the same issues as mentioned above, and when trying to play multiplayer campagin game crashes.

dont know wtf nvidia did with that driver update
  • MisterMister Junior Member Posts: 32Registered Users
    I still have the same problem even with the newer drivers, so I am still using the 399.07 Nvidia GTX1080 driver. I'm going to upload my DxDiag if it helps. I hope this problem doesn't persist when I have to update my drivers for the newer games. I would have to switch my drivers back and forth just to play Total War Warhammer 2. :/

https://www.mediafire.com/file/rq6fjrx7a32b4ge/DxDiag.txt/file