Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Why give Lokhir a dragon?

Comments

• PLHenryPLHenry Registered Users Posts: 1,398
    I'd rather they gave him some kind of sea beastie as a mount
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 8,674
    I'd rather they made mounts cost more rather than make everyone have mounts because they can't be bothered to balance them.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• unknown_oneunknown_one Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 152
    Rule of cool?

Obviously giving every guy a dragon mount makes them all cool, and totally not boring as they're all the same.

Dragons are supposed to be very rare.

Just balance foot lords, starting with giving them knockdown/back immunity etc..
  • SephlockSephlock Registered Users Posts: 2,395
    Destin said:

Yeah I dunno, I don't like them giving everyone a mount. I disliked them giving Wulfric a mount aswell since I thought it would be kinda weird to have this duelist lord riding a frickin' mammoth but whatever.

How is he going to be in tip top shape for duels if he's tired from walking everywhere ;)?

And if he just "forgets" to dismount before initiating the duel, well- the enemy was free to bring their own mammoth!
    #JusticeForUshoran #RuneGolems #RuneGuardians #ShardDragons #Thunderbarges #Stormfiends #BigMonsters #MoreDakka
  • endikuxendikux Registered Users Posts: 490
    edited October 2018
    The Incredibles said it best, if everyone is special then no one is special.

Monstrous mounts should be a rare thing that defines certain lords, not a normal thing. As people have pointed out, Direfin loses her ethereal status on her mount because she essentially becomes her mount. Harkon loses his anti-magic because he essentially becomes a terrogeist.

Lords turn into their mounts when they are on mountrous mounts, unlike simply putting a lord on a horse to up their speed but turn them into a large unit. It robs the lord of everything special about them.

Kroq-Gar and Karl Franz are well known for their loyal mounts, it defines their characters.

Wulfrik is supposed to be this great warrior who seeks personal combat but instead he turns into a guy sitting on a chair while a mammoth does all the work.
  • Barrel02Barrel02 Registered Users Posts: 92
    edited October 2018
    Yeah as said multiple times before: make lls viable even if they dont have mount. If this continues every lord in the future will need a monstrous mount or be some kind of monster himself to compete.

And really, if you give mounts to lls add some variety to it, make the mounts more unique. Best example is Cylostra.
    Just copying the crab seems really unimaginative.
    Why not give her some kind of Mortis Engine like mount, but instead of Hex- and Cairnwraiths put spectral Bretonnian Knights and Squires next to it. Would have been unique for the Vampire Coast as they have no access to the Mortis Engine and would have fit her Bretonnian/Banshee theme perfectly.
  • GaataGaata Registered Users Posts: 50
    edited October 2018
    It's pretty sad that CA refuses to balance what should be strong unmounted lords like grimgor, and we're getting mount spam instead of any kind of balance changes or special mass edits for them. Really hurts a lords identity and their potential when they're relegated to carry-on baggage for whatever mount they happen to be strapped to.
  • DEM0N_LLAMADEM0N_LLAMA Registered Users Posts: 609
    Really? Yea not a fan of this oprah show going on here.
  • KallisteKalliste Registered Users Posts: 89
    Currently atm the some total of what the High Elves LL have for mounts are a horse or an eagle.
    So Everqueen horse or eagle (the best choice for HE LLs) but in Table top she was on foot
    Tyrion - a horse
    Teclis - horse (but on table top he would walk only)
    Alith anar- on foot

Malekith - has more mount choices then all the HE LL put together, Cold one, cold one chariot and dragon

So this means that DE have 2 dragon riders, manitcore rider and a pegasus rider vs HE an eagle rider, 2 horse and one walking guy.

• DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 8,144
    Barrel02 said:

Yeah as said multiple times before: make lls viable even if they dont have mount. If this continues every lord in the future will need a monstrous mount or be some kind of monster himself to compete.

And back-porting to past lords? If they're giving them out willy-nilly, I think there's an old image of Teclis on a dragon...

To be fair, Lokhir probably would grab a dragon given the opportunity, just in canon he was never important enough. But that logic applies to plenty of past lords as well...
  • ptavangarptavangar Registered Users Posts: 1,170

I think CA wants to avoid the problems lords without mounts have, being thrown around the whole time which hurts Grimgor for example.

But they could've given Harkon a smaller mount that prevents him from being tossed around but at the same time isn't overbearing/overkill. Having every LL on a huge monster is a bit much...
  • ptavangarptavangar Registered Users Posts: 1,170
    Nyanko73 said:

5500hp on a dragon, the lowest rated dragon in the universe seriously.

You mean Lokhir on his dragon? They were using large unit size on the stream so the HP was probably lower than it is normally.
  • RikisRikis Registered Users Posts: 1,293
    Yeah I'm gonna go with to many mounts lately.

That said, not much of a problem I SP sense most of my lords stay on foot.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,940
    How about Alith Anar?

If Lokhir can have dragon, why can't Alith Anar have a mount?
  • Boombastek91Boombastek91 Registered Users Posts: 787
    jamreal18 said:

How about Alith Anar?

If Lokhir can have dragon, why can't Alith Anar have a mount?

Alith anar alredy imbalanced in campaing, ambush from regular attack, Sister of avelorn hit like a truck, using teleportation.
    Giving mount to LL who don't have mount in the lore is unfair for other LL.
  • endikuxendikux Registered Users Posts: 490
    jamreal18 said:

Giving mount to LL who don't have mount in the lore is unfair for other LL.

Yup. Let's just give every LL in the game a dragon or something comparable. Then instead of lords we will just have a battle of the monstrous beasts. Why bother making lord models on foot at all, save the artists some time and just use giant mounts at the lords.
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 5,917
    They are giving mounts to every humanoid lord. Good choice. Now for poor Vlad...
  • HarconnHarconn Registered Users Posts: 937
    Lokhir and a dragon is unloreful and kinda goofy. As it was Wulfric with his mammoth. Don't like it!
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________

My German Youtube-Channel - Let's Plays (Strategy, RPG, Indie,...): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChwblqvwr8XxKP0GzCcUb8Q
    edited October 2018
    Yeah, why does Lokhir be able to fly? Give Alith his Dragon as well. It's unfair.

-----------------

This is the problem with TW Warhammer. It's fine to get additional units since GW allows it but changing what was already established in the lore is a big No-No.
    Post edited by jamreal18 on
  • SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,709
    I know it would be sad, but I guess the grimgor update will be wyvern mount for grimgor, that would be so lame an out of character.
    edited October 2018
    Wait? How about Malagor?

Back to topic.
    People want to see Lokhir because of Black Ark and he's a pirate as well. Wonder what are their reaction seeing him flying in the sky.

Pirate flying in the sky.

---------------

Compare the mounts of High Elves LL and Dark Elves LL.

Where is the love fore High Elves?
  • RikisRikis Registered Users Posts: 1,293

I know it would be sad, but I guess the grimgor update will be wyvern mount for grimgor, that would be so lame an out of character.

They should just make him immune to being knocked down. Boost his stats so he's a melee/infantry blender and we have the Grimhor we deserve!
  • Bogdanov89Bogdanov89 Registered Users Posts: 910
    Those are some amazing figurines of monsters.

For characters on foot to be viable they would need to be borderline immune to knockback and to receive greatly reduced damage from charges.

It would also help if the foot lords/heroes had a way to hamstring the mounts of mounted lords/heroes, making it a more even playing field if the mount lord decides to engage a foot lord.
    Check out the Community Bug Fix Mod on the Steam Workshop.
  • CaptainleeCaptainlee Registered Users Posts: 98
    Why not just give LL's on foot a trait that they can't be knocked down or increase some other value that will prevent this?

This way, LL's on foot would still be competitive & there would still be a tactical choice between mount & foot (mount = speed & usually AOE dmg, foot = higher combat stats & smaller hitboxes)

• dodge33cymrudodge33cymru Registered Users Posts: 2,127
    edited October 2018
    Allow foot/horse lords to take a bodyguard/retinue/unit.

Problem solved (I know it's not quite that simple, they'd need to work out how magic items would affect the character/unit).

Means a monster can only attack a unit and can't be guaranteed of hitting the general. It means the foot lord can't be clicked on to be targeted directly and gives them additional staying power.

Come on CA, try it with Grimgor and his Immortulz. Don't just stick him on a wyvern...
  • uriakuriak Registered Users Posts: 3,421
    What would this change ? You can already hide a lord into a unit and it actually speads the damage. Lords on foot are less mobile and can be pushed around but they too can be effectively shielded by units and hit by less models at the same time. A lord on a dragon is magnet for ranged fire in the meantime.
  • GaataGaata Registered Users Posts: 50
    Grimgor wouldn't need his Immortulz to rip a few big monsters to pieces, foot Lords need a countermeasure to cycle charging nonsense.
  • uriakuriak Registered Users Posts: 3,421
    Seems to me it's mainly a MP problem therefore the solution is to make any mount a big premium cost wise. Unless we give foot lords insane mass. (Or maybe a hidden buff that make them get increased mass for a few moment after being thrown around)