Something has always made me scratch my head in these titles, why CA is sooo reluctant to add generic Caster/Wizard Lords for for some races, while gladly giving it to others?
Those who made it
- Dark Elves Supreme Sorceresses
- Chaos Sorcerer Lord
- Goblin Great Shaman
- Bretonnian Prophetesses
- Every Vampire Lord is a Wizard (even VCoast)
The Wizards Missing
Spellweaver - Wood Elves
(Mounts: Elven Steed, Great Eagle and Unicorn) Great Bray Shaman - Beastmen
(Mounts; Tuskgor Chariot, Razorgor Chariot) The Empire - Battle Wizard Lord
(Mounts: Warhorse, Barded Warhorse, Pegasus (Amber only: Griffon) (Heavens only: Celestial Hurricanum) (Light Only: Luminark of Hysh)
Liche High Priest - Tomb Kings
No Miniatures here, as they have no unique miniatures, but as with WE/DE/HE this is where CA can add both Female and Male Battle Wizard Lords.
(Mounts: Skeletal Steed) - No unique miniature here. Archmages - High Elves
(Mounts: Elven Steed, Barbed Elven Steed, Great Eagle, Tiranoc Chariot, Sun,Moon and Star Dragon) Orc Great Shaman - Greenskins
(Mounts: War Boar, Wyvern, Orc Boar Chariot) Savage Orc Shaman - Greenskins
(Mounts: War Boar, Wyvern) Goblin Great Shaman - Greenskins
(Mounts: Giant Wolf, Wolf Chariot, Arachnarok Spider) NOTE
: He's actually in the game, but has no mounts beyond Giant Wolf, thought the missing mounts deserved mentions, giving him a Arachnarok would made him more viable option.) Night Goblin Shaman - Greenskins
- It's for balance
- It's for making factions more unique
- It's for distinguishing races
- It's for thematics
- It's to make the factions Caster LLs to feel more unique
- It's for balance - The main selling point for the game is singleplayer and sandbox. Wizard Lords are weak, easy to catch. Also Wizard Lords always gets chosen over a LL or a good melee Lord.
- It's for making factions more unique. - I think the different mechanics, playstyle and aesthetics alone does this job, caster lords exclusivity is not really that good way for making different experiences.
- It's for distinguishing races - It dosent quite make sense that HE gets heroes caster while DE gets both Lords and Heroes casters, while DE's hierarchy places Supreme Sorceresses high, both factions are know for their magical superiority.
- It's for thematics. - As said above, DE getting Caster Lords while HE and WE does not is really anti-thematic for the Elven race.
- It's to make the factions Caster LLs to feel more unique. - LLs is unique on their own, they are mostly more powerful casters, have better skill upgrades, and has faction/lord traits and effects.