Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

RX 570 4gb vs 1050ti

mightygloinmightygloin Posts: 1,329Registered Users
Is anyone using rx 570? How better is it compared to 1050ti? Worth upgrading? (1080p)
Tagged:

Comments

• GreenKing1GreenKing1 Senior Member Posts: 637Registered Users
    The RX 570 is a nice improvement on the 1050ti, it has similar performance to the 1060.
  • psychoakpsychoak Posts: 2,289Registered Users
    With the caveat that pretty much everything is better than a 1050 Ti, because it barely qualifies as a gaming card, the RX 570 is so not similar in performance to the 1060.

It's more like halfway between the two, 20% faster than the 1050 Ti, but just as much slower than the 1060. The big problem here, now that AMD's cards aren't **** crazy expensive, is that you've already got the poor alternative to the RX 570. It's a direct, markedly superior, competitor to the 1050 Ti, both ~$150 in price.

Worth upgrading? Upgrading from one bargain card, to another, of the same hardware generation, isn't really the sort of move that bears out in value. I'd tolerate the performance of the 1050 Ti and either buy a more gaming performance oriented card from the next generation when money allows, or wait for the next generation's bargain version. Then you'll be getting something twice as fast maybe, or even more, instead of something 20% faster.
  • GreenKing1GreenKing1 Senior Member Posts: 637Registered Users
    The RX 570 isn't too far off the performance of 1060 3Gb. But having just looked at the prices, you can get a 1060 6Gb for £30-40 more than the price of an RX 570, I would personally go for that one.
  • LestaTLestaT Senior Member Posts: 3,271Registered Users

Is anyone using rx 570? How better is it compared to 1050ti? Worth upgrading? (1080p)

Not sure if you already bought it, but in ly country now it seems the RX 580 4GB is cheaper than RX 570 4GB.

Anyway, I have used RX 570 before and I would say it's fine if you don't expect too much. I never played with GTX 1050ti but RX 570 was much better (twice the performance) that I got from my previous RX 560.

When I upgraded to RX 580 8GB, I dont gain much compared to RX 570 in terms of performance (maybe extra 5-8 fps) but I can use higher textures and details due to larger vram.