Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Mystery Islands Revisited (Amazons Not Confirmed)

BrizthomBrizthom Registered Users Posts: 546
edited November 2018 in General Discussion
I decided to boot up the ME campaign to see if the mystery islands were there as well as the vortex campaign and they are:

The first is off the central isthmus where Mazda Mundi and Skeggi are and corresponds to where the lore island of the Amazons is located

The second is roughly half way between Lustria and Araby

While these islands block sea movement they are considered part of the sea provinces they are in and you can't land on them. They are highly detailed and the zoomed out map shows a kind of divot on the northern map that may be where a port city would be located. Perhaps port cities can't be on proper terrain as seaborne characters would not be able to directly sail in to them.

As these two mystery islands are present on both the Vortex and ME maps I predict that they will be the starting locations for two Amazon LLs that will arrive as part of an Amazon Race Pack. I speculate that the Amazons will have a "one province only challenge" as a core mechanic of their race, but their armies may also function as BM style hordes. Their campaign will probably involve finding Old One technology and taking it back to their islands for safe keeping.
Post edited by Brizthom on
Tagged:

Comments

• IcestrugleIcestrugle Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,226
    Or maybe dogs of war, where 4-5 units will be anazons and 1 LL. Just saying it's a possibility. Look at the Albion was inserted in mortal empire, so one LL maybe will be there, with Albion giants.
  • BrizthomBrizthom Registered Users Posts: 546
    I'm more and more leaning toward DoW/TEB being a game 3 faction. Then again the Vampirates legit surprised me so they could well appear in game 2.

For now I think we will see Araby and Amazons as new races.
  • DracoknightDracoknight Registered Users Posts: 281
    I wouldnt mind a "Dogs of war" faction that is just a "catch all" of the super-minor factions that catch up on stuff like mercenaries, itty bitty islands or "stuck in one place" factions. Maybe not the most satisfactory for some people, but it gives CA a faction they can put in single units or even their own custom units without screwing up the Lore/Balance too much.
  • RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Registered Users Posts: 1,611
    Iconic said:

I'm more and more leaning toward DoW/TEB being a game 3 faction. Then again the Vampirates legit surprised me so they could well appear in game 2.

For now I think we will see Araby and Amazons as new races.

They literally aren't on the map for game 3 though.DOW/TEB are mostly present on the game 1 map and then somewhat on the game 2 map.

The only real options for game 2 left are a DOW/TEB mix or Araby. Even though we've had Norsca and Vampire Coast, most of their units exist in some form and they didn't have to make a whole faction up. Albion or the Amazons would need 90% of a faction made up.
  • Nyanko73Nyanko73 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,351
    Confirmed as the usual 'I don't know where I got that from but I am stating it anyway'?

Team Yennefer

"A blinding flash materialised into a transparent sphere, and inside it loomed a shape, assuming contours and shapes at frightening speed. Dandelion recognised it at once. He knew those wild, black curls and the obsidian star on a velvet ribbon. What he didn’t know and had never seen before was the face. It was a face of rage and fury, the face of the goddess of vengeance, destruction and death." - Time of contempt
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,882
    Confirmed?

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN! TOTAL WAR TROY FOR ONE YEAR EXCLUSIVELY ON THE EPIC GAMES STORE!"

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • arghozarghoz Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 337
    For the love of god stop using that word. And i hope they do not add amazons, basically any other faction would be better imo.
  • Infinite_MawInfinite_Maw Registered Users Posts: 1,531
    I am pretty sure the Amazonian islands were always there since the first release of mortal empires.

As the new island to the east of Lustria, I don't think it was always there. According to the lore, that tiny island is supposed to be the "Sunken Island of the Gods". It was a much bigger island before most of it sunk, so that is why you see a lot of lizardmen architecture there. Apparently it still has a semi-active geomantic loci/nexus despite being mostly submerged. There is no proof that anything is living there.

Either way it could of just been added to represent where the star harpoon is and thus triggering an island battle with that dark elf corsairs.

Regardless I welcome a few more settlements in Mortal Empires.
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,183
    After Sartosa was thrown under the bus, the chances of CA would fleshed out a faction with that have a small official roster had become very small. The Vampire Coast had more units than the Amazons.
    We don't know exactly w

I am pretty sure the Amazonian islands were always there since the first release of mortal empires.

Nope it's brand new. This video is from August.

• GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 5,132
    Tayvar said:

After Sartosa was thrown under the bus, the chances of CA would fleshed out a faction with that have a small official roster had become very small. The Vampire Coast had more units than the Amazons.

But the Vampire Coast is a faction with a small official roster....
    Goatforce said:

Tayvar said:

But the Vampire Coast is a faction with a small official roster....
    Still not as small as the Amazons official roster, the Amazons are more similar to Sartosa.
    edited November 2018
    Iconic said:

We don't know exactly w

Nope it's brand new. This video is from August.

Oops I forgot to mention that other island north east of the temple of kara. The Amazonian islands were always present, but the island you are referring to on the first image is actually "Zarmuda". It is basically another temple city whose island was utterly obliterated and mostly submerged during the great catastrophe.

That could be another settlement that could be occupied, although initially abandoned. Heck it could be a Skaven start position for all we know.
  • corvus_codexcorvus_codex Junior Member SpainRegistered Users Posts: 3,067
    What I see it that CA needed to add a lot of island to make the new "islands battle" more "realistic" so they took advantage to add those islands (and many others) to the map, since those are justified in the lore.
    Team Skavens

"Brother Skavens! Consider this... Until the coming of Vermek Skab, the Council of Thirteen placed me in command of this army"
    - Grey Seer Thanquol, ruthlessly taking command of the Nuln Invasion force
  • IokkoIokko Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 624
    What if they're locations of interest for the dlc lizard men and skaven lords?

Maybe something to do with their unique campaign mechanics.
    Stating opinions as if they're facts in your signature and adding "Change my mind" doesn't make them facts, change my mind.
    corvo said:

What I see it that CA needed to add a lot of island to make the new "islands battle" more "realistic" so they took advantage to add those islands (and many others) to the map, since those are justified in the lore.

Where are the other new islands?
  • AbmongAbmong Registered Users Posts: 1,748
    I think Amazons and Albion could make it into the game but only as NPC/Rebel factions with limited rosters like CA did with the Savage Orcs. The only playable Amazons and Albion will be units in the DoW roster.

Tilea , Estalia and Border Princes are much the same, they only need basic rosters and bulking the rest with DoW units.

So it would make the most sense to just tie them all up in the DoW DLC not as seperate DLCs
    Total War: Warhammer IV - Cathay, Ind, Nippon, Khuresh (+ Lost Vampire Bloodlines, Hobgoblin Khanate, Elithis Sea Elves DLCs) :#
  • tyrannustyrannus Registered Users Posts: 1,084
    Nothing is ever confirmed unitl confirmed. Also Amazons are probably the only faction that i actually don't want to be in the game.

Believe in humanity!
    So in summary CA added the landmasses of
    • Zarmuda
    • Sunken Island of the Gods
    These islands cannot be landed on, but they could be in the future.
    Iokko said:

What if they're locations of interest for the dlc lizard men and skaven lords?

Maybe something to do with their unique campaign mechanics.

That is definitely a good possibility, I always felt that the lizardmen objectives did not match their overall alien behaviour. Imagine you had an objective that told you to occupy the Salvation Isles, and specifically the Salvation Isles because there is something valuable their to the lizardmen. It would be really confusing to other factions why you would do such a thing, but that is the gimmick of the lizardmen with their motivations being unclear and confusing to others.

Alternatively we could see someone like Ikit claw start in Zarmuda in the Vortex campaign, and then get moved to Skavenblight in mortal empires.

Regardless I am happy that Lustria is being expanded to incorporate more settlements, I always thought that mortal empires Lustria was very underwhelming.
  • BiesBies Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,534
    edited November 2018
    Yes lets have them!
    They should be small but most advanced race containing weapons of old ones with ability to obtain and craft new weapons of old ones.

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

Bies said:

Yes lets have them!
    They should be small but most advanced race containing weapons of old ones with ability to obtain and craft new weapons of old ones.

Most advanced race, no. I would prefer if they did not use star wars lasers and stuck to more traditional weapons but with a magical Aztec twist.
  • KrilralKrilral Member Registered Users Posts: 910
    While I would like the OP to be right, is it at all possible that the island are just there for aesthetics? Maybe so the dev's can say: "Oh yeah, those island battles? This is where they take place."
  • AbmongAbmong Registered Users Posts: 1,748

Bies said:

Yes lets have them!

Most advanced race, no. I would prefer if they did not use star wars lasers and stuck to more traditional weapons but with a magical Aztec twist.
    The most advanced race would be the Serpent Naga (Snakemen) of Khuresh if they ever make it into the game. From what little lore we have about them hints at them being connected to the old ones. There's a lost city (or even cities) of the old ones in the deep jungles of Khuresh. But the jungle is infested with warpstone... My theory is the Serpent Naga were the first race created by the old ones. Makes sense, they're repilian like what the old ones were said to be, same as the lizardmen but got corrupted by the warpstone and went crazy.

They could also explain dragon isles where there're feral Lizardmen. Maybe when the old ones saw the snakemen get corrupted they went and created the Lizardmen on dragon isles. But the Snakemen saw them as ursurpers and attacked, killing most of the Slann their. The old ones rescued what remained and too them to Lustria. Far enough away so the Snakemen can't massacre the flegdling Lizardmen again.

The "White Sistrum" is a tech/magical artefact of the Snakemen no one seems to know how it works.
    Total War: Warhammer IV - Cathay, Ind, Nippon, Khuresh (+ Lost Vampire Bloodlines, Hobgoblin Khanate, Elithis Sea Elves DLCs) :#
    Bies said:

Yes lets have them!

The controversial and unclear background of the Amazons is the worse thing about them, and Amazons having a access to futuristic weapons is something that was retconned a long time ago.
  • kelembriborkelembribor Registered Users Posts: 732
    edited November 2018
    Why does this thread remind me of this?

• SteppelordSteppelord Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,309
    or they're just to add some diversity to the wide wide ocean.

I don't want amazons lol they're just not worth sacrificing more skaven and lizardmen LLs. Not even as FLC.
  • Mitch_CAMitch_CA Member Registered Users, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 199
    These are quest battle locations, we always decorate the location of quest battles and given there are some that are island battles we added these decorative islands. :)
    Lead Designer - Total War

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.
    Mitch_CA said:

These are quest battle locations, we always decorate the location of quest battles and given there are some that are island battles we added these decorative islands. :)

Oh yeah, for example the first image is where Luthor Harkons quest battle takes place. I need to check where the other island to the east of Lustria relates to.
  • GamgeeGamgee Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,033
    Mitch_CA said:

I love when ca deconfirms a faction like this. Thanks. This makes Araby as the next faction more likely.
  • Icebern12Icebern12 Registered Users Posts: 173
    Gamgee said:

Mitch_CA said:

I love when ca deconfirms a faction like this. Thanks. This makes Araby as the next faction more likely.
    Araby is very likely, but if I were CA and there was other race or faction DLC besides Araby (DoW, Albion, Amazons...) I'd release that one first and would push for Araby to be the last. With the Tomb Kings they already released a race DLC with a desert theme, another one could hurt the sales of the first or viceversa.