Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

In Progress[Crash] Vampire Coast crash after auto-resolving a siege battle.

unitedtc38unitedtc38 Posts: 8Registered Users
edited November 2018 in Crashes
Hi.
Playing Vampire coast on legendary mortal empire, first playthrough.
I have not encounter any crash since warhammer 1.

here is my pc :

Win10 64bits
I3-7100
8G ram
gtx 1050 ti

So, after 126 turn without any crash. a faction decide to take the north settlement of vampire coast provence with a siege.
I decide to take it back with 2 army + the garnison. when i auto-resolve it, game stop working right after the clic on auto-resolve. no crash report, it just cut the sound after few seconds, then quit the game without crash report.

Here is my settings, they are very low, i used to play on medium with a 25-30fps average. i actually play on low setting for optimal fps.

https://imgur.com/a/L9gSjOc

There is a double screenshot on imgur, the second screenshot is the moment juste before i can enable the crash (by clicling on auto-resolve)

So here recap : i clic on auto-resolve, then i can clearly see i won the battle then crash 2-3 frames after clicking auto-resolve.(it clearly crash on the same screen, juste after clicking on that auto-resolve, the camera have not the time to move back to the map).

I can actually cancel the battle and let them siege it and continue to play this turn, im pretty sure i can also end the turn without touching this battle, let them take the settlement, then try to take it back after. ill try to do that way and see if it avoid the crash.
Post edited by CA_Nate on

Comments

• unitedtc38unitedtc38 Posts: 8Registered Users
    Edit : i did the battle manually, it crash in the very end (100% loaded) loadscreen afterbattle.

also forget to give the save file.
    Edit 2 : I dont see any edit button on the forum, only "flag quote like".
    Also its the last army of this faction & they have no settlement, if i beat this army it delete the faction. i think the crash is related to this.
    edited November 2018
    Edit again :
    so i let them take the settlement after turn 137. then i take it back, with or without auto-resolve and it crash at the same moment.

found edit button :
    i have no mods installed.

i can do anything i want without crash but not get back the "Pox Marsh" settlement or/and delete the minor VampCoast faction whos making this.

edit : is it possible someone take the settlement back (autoresolving with the army near to it) and end the turn to save the game and give me back the save ? to "unbug" my game crashing at this very moment ?
    Post edited by unitedtc38 on
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 36,193Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    edited November 2018
    I tried it and it CTDed after the autoresolve result but before returning to the campaign.

Edit: I tried again and got back to the close victory screen then crashed again.

Edit2: tried a couple more times, once with just the garrison, and the screen still freezes showing the close victory then crashes although the sound runs on a bit.
    Post edited by BillyRuffian on

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png

I tried it and it CTDed after the autoresolve result but before returning to the campaign.

Edit: I tried again and got back to the close victory screen then crashed again.

Edit2: tried a couple more times, once with just the garrison, and the screen still freezes showing the close victory then crashes although the sound runs on a bit.

Allright feelgood to know the crash is from the game and not my pc. Thanks man.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 36,193Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Alternatively there could be some slight corruption in the save. I did find that it was inclined to lag and freeze before I got to the battle.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • ApalApal Posts: 2Registered Users
    I have the same problem also i have noticed that the game chashes after a vampire coast faction has established a pirate coven before that you can destroy vampire coast factions without any issue

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file