Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Wood Elves pride is hurt, they deserve more... (LL's)

2»

Comments

• PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 5,601

lucibuis said:

CA only cares about vampires and hates wood elves, their obsession is weird and unhealthy and it’s ruining this franchise

Not really the obsession is entirely on your end and CA doesn't hate Wood Elves there's more to say that they hate the Empire or Beastmen then then the Wood Elves.

If CA "hated" the Wood Elves they'd actually be missing units instead of just generic characters.

Also acting like that is only going to do the opposite as it is a great incentive to not do anything with the Wood Elves.
    Wood Elves were much cheaper to make. Most of them are remodels. Beastmen require new models and animations.
    That's an abject lie. Most of the missing Beastmen units are the exact same models and skins as existing units. Doombulls and Gorebulls are literally identical. Great Bray Shamans and Bray shamans are literally identical. Wargors and Beastlords are literally identical. Tuskgor Chariots can easily be kitbashed from Orc Boar Chariots.

The only things requiring unique models are the monsters, which the only one needed more than others would be the Ghorgon.
    No, its not. Saying that the generic units are generic, as in any other faction. But the monster would need to be designed from scratch, and the models would have little use to other factions.

• MakoTheMakoMakoTheMako Registered Users Posts: 1,246
    Pocman said:

lucibuis said:

CA only cares about vampires and hates wood elves, their obsession is weird and unhealthy and it’s ruining this franchise

Not really the obsession is entirely on your end and CA doesn't hate Wood Elves there's more to say that they hate the Empire or Beastmen then then the Wood Elves.

If CA "hated" the Wood Elves they'd actually be missing units instead of just generic characters.

Also acting like that is only going to do the opposite as it is a great incentive to not do anything with the Wood Elves.
    Wood Elves were much cheaper to make. Most of them are remodels. Beastmen require new models and animations.
    That's an abject lie. Most of the missing Beastmen units are the exact same models and skins as existing units. Doombulls and Gorebulls are literally identical. Great Bray Shamans and Bray shamans are literally identical. Wargors and Beastlords are literally identical. Tuskgor Chariots can easily be kitbashed from Orc Boar Chariots.

The only things requiring unique models are the monsters, which the only one needed more than others would be the Ghorgon.
    No, its not. Saying that the generic units are generic, as in any other faction. But the monster would need to be designed from scratch, and the models would have little use to other factions.

How often do models have use in other factions? You probably mean skeletons, but the Ghorgon will probably use the same skeleton to the Keeper of Secrets, and the Jabber we already know we're not getting, but the Preyton can use the Terrogheist skeleton.

die about it

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 35,525
    edited November 2018
    I'd like to see the hippies get one. It'd be good.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu usurper, pog wog warrior, poggers patroller

• lucibuislucibuis Registered Users Posts: 7,099

1. I would like to see the wood elves (or more primarily, the tree spirits) be able to expand the forest to conquered domains... turning once populated cities into rubble and allowing nature to reclaim it's land, through forestry, that the Wood Elves and the Tree spirits could inhabit to "increase" their numbers and combat Chaos in their own way. I would like to see Wood Elve Major Settlements on conquered cities and Wood Elf outposts on the villages.

Except that Wood Elves actively contain the forest they do not expand it so the WE race regardless of leading Lord will not do it.
    Them expanding the forest would be more akin to Corruption then the WE expanding.
    The forest spirits want to expand, and it’s not corruption, it’s returning the power back to nature like the archdruid class in age of wonders 3. Make perfect sense for the forest spirits to convert everything to forest
    Ariel only, no fads allowed.

• CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 15,835
    lucibuis said:

1. I would like to see the wood elves (or more primarily, the tree spirits) be able to expand the forest to conquered domains... turning once populated cities into rubble and allowing nature to reclaim it's land, through forestry, that the Wood Elves and the Tree spirits could inhabit to "increase" their numbers and combat Chaos in their own way. I would like to see Wood Elve Major Settlements on conquered cities and Wood Elf outposts on the villages.

Except that Wood Elves actively contain the forest they do not expand it so the WE race regardless of leading Lord will not do it.
    Them expanding the forest would be more akin to Corruption then the WE expanding.
    The forest spirits want to expand, and it’s not corruption, it’s returning the power back to nature like the archdruid class in age of wonders 3. Make perfect sense for the forest spirits to convert everything to forest
    Maybe some forest spirits, but not the Elves themselves. The Asrai are quite keen to restrain the forest's expansion.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -New Rules: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287645/new-forum-rules#latest
    -Rules FAQ: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287650/total-war-forum-faq#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,143
    lucibuis said:

Stop referencing other games CA cannot do that with Games Workshops licence.

Except that the Race is the Wood Elves not the Forest Spirits and the Wood Elves put waystones around the wildwood so yes it would be corruption with attrition being from the malevolent spirits.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• steam_165171714789pPAEKOHsteam_165171714789pPAEKOH Registered Users Posts: 855
    DLC is fine. Whatever it takes to get factions up to speed.

People who don't wan the DLC just get a more limited roster. The Amber mechanic needs a complete rework FLC though.
  • Loupi_Loupi_ Registered Users Posts: 3,423
    Pocman said:

There are basically onlt two "good" potential LLs for WEs. Ariel and the sisters. Everyone else is ultra generic.

Araloth has potential to be made "cool" if CA departs from the original material. Drycha is basically a branchwraith. Generic model, generic spells... however, if CA decided to include her with a new model, I guess it could be cool.

In previous editions you have your generic, boring lords. Some of those could be reworked to give them more depth,and at least give the WEs new options.

Regarding other cahracters that could be made into LLs, there is Daith (although I don't think he is ever described as a specially powerful warrior) or Coeddil, which would be cool because he is utterly mad, and there is no model for him, so he could be made differently to other treemen.

Drycha would definitely come with a new model. I think the thing that would make her interesting though would be her desire to exterminate the other wood elves and probably durthu too, since he tends to side with ariel. I'd imagine her endgame would be to "unleash Coeddil" and wipe out all the elves (dark elves and high elves too).
  • JestamaneJestamane Registered Users Posts: 257
    Amber rework is first, then I will gladly take some new LL
  • Firkraag888Firkraag888 Registered Users Posts: 1,428
    Is there a mod that gives the welfs a different starting position ?

It would probably be difficult to mod because of the how the oak of ages works ?
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 15,835

Is there a mod that gives the welfs a different starting position ?

It would probably be difficult to mod because of the how the oak of ages works ?

I played a faction unlocker for the Bowmen of Oreon in the Vortex once. No amber. No Oak. No objectives. It was fun.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -New Rules: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287645/new-forum-rules#latest
    -Rules FAQ: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287650/total-war-forum-faq#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • BloodydaggerBloodydagger Registered Users Posts: 4,000
    Orcs and Empire first. Then we can worry about the Woodys and Beastmen.

• DarkLordDDarkLordD Registered Users Posts: 2,579
    edited November 2018
    There is hope my child.

Lately with the entire game industry doing an AWESOME job in making woman characters, including CA. The time is ripe to introduce ... Yes there it comes folks ....

Lady Ariel 😍
    Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor
  • TheShiroOfDaltonTheShiroOfDalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 34,001
    All they deserve is some soap and a sponge.

Empire, Greenskins, Beastmen, Warriors of Chaos deserve new content 1000000000000000000000000000000x more.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,316
    DarkLordD said:

There is hope my child.

Lately with the entire game industry doing an AWESOME job in making woman characters, including CA. The time is ripe to introduce ... Yes there it comes folks ....

Lady Ariel 😍

They sure do make them but I would say 8/10 is a miss.

Why settle for Ariel when you can have Sisters of Twilight, 2 women instead one. Such a bargain! Or even better deal, three of them!!

Empire, Greenskins, Beastmen, Warriors of Chaos deserve new content 1000000000000000000000000000000x more.

Empire 3LL, Greenskins 4LL, Beastmen 3LL, Warriors of Chaos 3LL. Wood Elves deserve rework the most as their main mechanic is gameplay crippling.
  • TheShiroOfDaltonTheShiroOfDalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 34,001

DarkLordD said:

There is hope my child.

Lady Ariel 😍

Why settle for Ariel when you can have Sisters of Twilight, 2 women instead one. Such a bargain! Or even better deal, three of them!!

Empire 3LL, Greenskins 4LL, Beastmen 3LL, Warriors of Chaos 3LL. Wood Elves deserve rework the most as their main mechanic is gameplay crippling.
    No, they don't and their mechanic is boring, not crippling. Empire, no alternate starts, complete vanilla gameplay. Greenskins, Waagh doesn't work to your advantage half the time. Beastmen and WoC, horde gameplay in general sucks.

10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000x worse than whatever issues the pointy-eared, stinky hippies have.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,316

DarkLordD said:

There is hope my child.

Lady Ariel 😍

No, they don't and their mechanic is boring, not crippling. Empire, no alternate starts, complete vanilla gameplay. Greenskins, Waagh doesn't work to your advantage half the time. Beastmen and WoC, horde gameplay in general sucks.

10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000x worse than whatever issues the pointy-eared, stinky hippies have.
    Yes, they do. If it is boring then it is crippling, games are meant to be fun. The same can be said about WE and more.
  • Ares354Ares354 Registered Users Posts: 4,292
    Canuovea said:

Stop. Yelling.

Sigh.

Also, Wood Elves may never get more LLs if they don't get an overhaul to the defense of the Oak mechanics. Or at least no varied start positions because you'd be in trouble as soon as anyone attacks Athel Loren.

Mostly they need an Amber rework though.

They need more LL, even in same start as old ones. I sick of Durthu and "Mel Gibson", too many time I played them. And non is pure melee or pure magic lord.

Sisters and Ariel is needed.