Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Vampire Coast : What's your DOOMSTACK of DOOM ?

DarkLordDDarkLordD Registered Users Posts: 2,361
Hello everyone, another useless tread by me just for the sake of fun and kinship. There is already to much sourness out there, so why not !

There we go, mine is :

Explain :

Syreens are even more epic with Cylostra. They got a astonishing 90% physical resistance rating. I am really surprised with them. They work wonders and are different from there cousins the wraiths. Where Wraiths are okay against high tier, Syreens do a good job in overall battle. Also there debuff of -9 MA against enemy units is GOOD !! Cylostra got some really nice skills for these units. I group them together with my paladin on horse, he is acting as the commander of the Syreens.

A lot of few entities units, why ? Because I like to build my army themed to my lord. Cylostra is a vengeful spirit of the deep, and in my story her haunting songs awaken the creatures of the deep and are drawn to it.

The rotting leviathan accompanies Cylostra in a group, together with the rotting Prometheans. These form the front line. No one ever get them down, EVER. A HUGE advantage with a front line like this is : enemy artillery shoots and targets them and it does absolutely NOTHING. Those guys are TOUGH to say the least.

Mournguls for stalking and get behind the enemy lines and artillery if needed. They will support from the rear the moment Cylostra her team has pinnend the enemy infantry down. Luckily I have Cylostra's Bretonnian Knights summon for a quick deliverance of enemy artillery.

Necrofex Colossus. I don;t think I need to explain why these guys. I replaced my artillery with them. 1. because they are better, 2. they fit better in my theme army I have going on with Cylostra.

For Cylostra I give her the Knights of the Realm instead of questing knights. I thought it was very useful to have some anti large unit with me.

Overall, its more for theme, but it does a hell of a job.

Let me know what you guys think & share your own DOOMSTACK of DOOM for Vampire Coast !

Remember, we are here for fun, not to bring each other low ;) ! with that in mind, have fun !
Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor

Comments

• DarkLordDDarkLordD Registered Users Posts: 2,361
    Some units will be replaced still with there RoR variant naturally ;) !

- The Mourngul
    - Necrofex Colossus

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor
  • SentientPulseSentientPulse Registered Users Posts: 69
    My Noctilus doom stack is:

Noctilus on Necrofex
    4 x Gunnery Wight on mount
    4 x Death Skriek Terrorgeist
    10 x Necrofex
    1 x Bess

Noctilus on Necrofex
    10 x Necrofex
    1 x Bess

I am sure nothing beats that ;P

• SentientPulseSentientPulse Registered Users Posts: 69
    DarkLordD said:

Noctilus on Necrofex
    10 x Necrofex
    1 x Bess

I am sure nothing beats that ;P
    Yeah it's pretty nasty when the GW fairly constantly keep popping the accuracy AOE skill :)
  • Boombastek91Boombastek91 Registered Users Posts: 787
    I prefer
    Lord (deep or vampire depend on captain)
    Captain (deep or vampire)
    Gunnery wight
    Mournghoul hero
    4 depth guard Halberds
    4 necrofex colosus
    2 rotting promethian
    2 rotting Leviathan
    2 terorgeist
    2 deck gunners

I prefer
    Lord (deep or vampire depend on captain)
    Captain (deep or vampire)
    Gunnery wight
    Mournghoul hero
    4 depth guard Halberds
    4 necrofex colosus
    2 rotting promethian
    2 rotting Leviathan
    2 terorgeist
    2 deck gunners

Thats a nice one to !

I love how many mixes are possible with this roster.

• Otters007Otters007 Registered Users Posts: 779
    I like to roll out:

1xLord
    1x Mournghoul hero
    1x vampire hero
    5x depth guard
    1x depth guard polearms
    3x rotting promethians with guns
    3x handguns
    2x deck gunners
    1x rotting leviathan
    1x terorgheist
    1x necrofex colosus
  • TimsimTimsim Registered Users Posts: 10
    Currently ive got:

Noctilus with sword of khaine on necrofex
    1 x carronade (shooting monsters)
    1 x mortar (clearing up squads after queen bess takes most of them out)
    1 x queen bess (destroyer of infantry - targets anti large infantry and missile infantry first as theyre the biggest pain to this army)
    1 x gunnery wight on mount (keeps queen bess at full amo and firing faster)
    3 x deck gunners (focus fire on anything flying or big that the cannon didnt deal with)
    3 x depth guard (hide in the back or on the side and charges once front line attacks, generally just them getting in combat finishes the enemy off)
    3 x depth guard with polearms (one on either side and one in the middle to kill off cavalry and fliers that bypass the front line)
    1 x syreens (same role as depth guard but used more on the flanks against higher armor targets)
    1 x rotting prometheans (holds the front line in front of the deck gunners - healed by noctilus whenever damaged)
    1 x rotting prometheans gunnery mob (also holds the front line)
    1 x mournghul (put round the side or at the back and will attack artillery or archers from behind once the AI has left them on their own)
    1 x deathshriek terrorgheist (will engage any fliers so that the deck gunners can shoot them down, if there are no fliers will engage artillery/missile infantry)
    1 x animated hulks (hidden at the back with the depth guard until enemy attacks front line then charges and destroys any valuable looking infantry without halberds)
  • BereaverBereaver Registered Users Posts: 507
    I love to take name "Dreadfleet" literally and just use stack of 19 Necerofexes with Noctilus in charge. All shall tremble before Boatmurdered!
  • Infinite_MawInfinite_Maw Registered Users Posts: 1,481
    edited November 2018
    Depends on the type of technology researched, and also what buffs you give to the lords. My doomstack, if I was to play Luthor in Mortal Empires, is

1 x Luthor Harkon (Terrorgheist, Lore of the Deeps, Red Skill tree related to missle damage for gunnery mobs and artilary, otherwise yellow skill tree leveled up)
    1 x Gunnery Wight (Promethean, all active abilities related to reload skill and missle damage, 3 x Training)
    1 x Lore of Vampires (Promethean, Full Invocation, Full Zombie Summon, Full Curse of Years, Arcane Conduit)
    4 x Deck Gunners (including RoR)
    6 x Zombie Pirate Gunnery Mob (Handguns, including RoR)
    4 x Rotting Promethean Gunnery Mob (including RoR)
    2 x Mortars
    1 x Queen Bess

Other buffs include the wreck of the heldenhammer giving me more artillery damage, the three shanties giving lots of reload skill and all technology related to ammunition, missle damage and range. Other tech could be okay such as the melee defense on gunnery mobs, but I didn't need to research them.

This is my maximum dakka army, and it was the army I used in the final battle.
    Nice stacks everyone, cool to see so much variety !

• Warlord_Lu_BuWarlord_Lu_Bu Registered Users Posts: 2,281
    Noctilus with the Sword of Kaine is the only Doom stack I need.
    "I am the punishment of Tengri, if you had not sinned, he would not have sent me against you." - Chenghis Khan Temujin
  • psychoakpsychoak Registered Users Posts: 2,609
    My "doomstacks" are balanced armies with a range of units and few unholy tier 5 creations, that I can actually enjoy using.
  • NopeacejustwarNopeacejustwar Registered Users Posts: 944
    Harkon on mount
    Gunnery Wight on mount
    Fleet captain( Vampire Healing!) on mount
    6xDepth guard pole arm and axe
    2x Necrofex Colosus
    1X Necrofex Colosus ROR
    2x Rotting Promethean
    1x shade Wraith Deck Gunners
    2x Deck gunners
    3x Zombie Pirate gunnery mob

Most army’s are obliterated before they reach my front line then my Crabs and depth guard mop up the rest.

Really satisfying!

Harkon on mount
    Gunnery Wight on mount
    2x Necrofex Colosus
    1X Necrofex Colosus ROR
    2x Rotting Promethean
    2x Deck gunners

Most army’s are obliterated before they reach my front line then my Crabs and depth guard mop up the rest.

Really satisfying!

Nice man ! How you like the Depth Guard with polearm ?

• NopeacejustwarNopeacejustwar Registered Users Posts: 944
    DarkLordD said:

Harkon on mount
    Gunnery Wight on mount
    2x Necrofex Colosus
    1X Necrofex Colosus ROR
    2x Rotting Promethean
    2x Deck gunners

Really satisfying!

They are pretty good. They can withstand most high tier Cav/Monsters and infantry 1 on 1 , at least long enough for missile and monster support to help.

DarkLordD said:

Harkon on mount
    Gunnery Wight on mount
    2x Necrofex Colosus
    1X Necrofex Colosus ROR
    2x Rotting Promethean
    2x Deck gunners

Really satisfying!

They are pretty good. They can withstand most high tier Cav/Monsters and infantry 1 on 1 , at least long enough for missile and monster support to help.
    Yes they definitely can !

I find them to be .. mwe .... I like the duel better to be honest ! But the models are awesome looking.

• SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,599
    I found the lack of QUEEN BESS disturbing.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
    SiWI said:

haha, not for this army my friend ;) ! I didn;t thought It would fit in my theme :D

• SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,599
    DarkLordD said:

SiWI said:

haha, not for this army my friend ;) ! I didn;t thought It would fit in my theme :D
    but but... ITS THE QUEEN!
    ARE YOU INSULTING HER MAJESTY!

Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
    SiWI said:

DarkLordD said:

SiWI said:

but but... ITS THE QUEEN!
    ARE YOU INSULTING HER MAJESTY!

xD !!!!!

But mylady !!! I have served you so well ! I dare say more then ANYONE of us here !!