Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: ROME II - Rise of the Republic is out now!

2»

Comments

• Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Registered Users Posts: 3,449
    Holy hell, these Etruscan Heavy Hoplites are mental! 109 melee defense, and 105 armour?

• ThePalaraxThePalarax Registered Users Posts: 5
    Please, I'm from the Czech Republic and after the last update there is no animation of the "mouth" of generals and advisors in both campaign and diplomacy. For English, animation works normally, but for Czech localization sound is heard but the animation of the mouth does not work. Please fix it! Thank you.
  • hanesdavhanesdav Registered Users Posts: 913

Please, I'm from the Czech Republic and after the last update there is no animation of the "mouth" of generals and advisors in both campaign and diplomacy. For English, animation works normally, but for Czech localization sound is heard but the animation of the mouth does not work. Please fix it! Thank you.

This is very old bug.
  • FafnerFafner Registered Users Posts: 28
    When you give a gift of x money to another state it does not seem to do anything. No bonus in their relation to you.
    Anyone else noticed this?
  • FafnerFafner Registered Users Posts: 28
    I Attacked the city Agnani as Rome. No army just the garission, and it turned out to be a battle on a snowy mountain, wich was cool, but it should have been a town-battle.
    OK, I don't know how long this has been in the game (maybe it's been in since launch and I've never noticed), but whoever has been sneaking in cheeky references to HBO's "Rome" deserves a round of applause.

• ThePalaraxThePalarax Registered Users Posts: 5
    hanesdav said:

This is very old bug.
    Maybe. But still not fixed. And it's a pity.
    Whoop.

Alas, Camillus didn't get to see this day...

One thing I have to say; the Victory Conditions might need some tuning. I had to have 100 Hastati, Principes, and Triarii in my armies to win the campaign. But towards the end of the campaign, your economy is getting hit so hard by the Imperium upkeep that it's very difficult reach this goal. I basically just started recruiting entire stacks of Hastati in the last few turns to hit the 100, and even then I nearly went bankrupt.
  • pompoparapompopara Registered Users Posts: 4
    Really nice DLC so far, but it needs some serious balancing. I'm just 60 turns in a roman campaign and senones and samnites have already been destroyed by other AI factions. I didn't even had the chance to fight them once. So much for the epic struggle against the enemies of Rome! Oh and Carthage is destroyed too. Shouldn't it be some sort of dangerous superpower?
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 19,843
    Lot of variability on these campaigns. I've done three so far with Rome, and two with a couple of other factions. The differences in what happens to the various other factions can be quite striking.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • AxelradAxelrad Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 633
    I just want to give a shout out to the fantastic "Chill Mediterranean Beats" stream that's been live on TotalWar's YouTube channel since the DLC released. Just nonstop soundtrack music from the Roman-era games and I love it.
  • AncientMedievalAncientMedieval Registered Users Posts: 49
    After playing the last few days, I have really been enjoying this new DLC and FLC. Good Job CA!
  • tacrntacrn Registered Users Posts: 1
    I appreciate that CA is still working on Rome 2 because let's face it, everyone was foaming at the mouth for an epic Rome 2 when it launched. And I think secretly most people still are foaming at the mouth for an epic Rome 2 and would be willing to buy DLC if the game is good. I like the latest DLC and ancestral update. Please, please, please CA patch the naval landings as they are probably the biggest deal breaker in the current state of the game.

Also please fix diplomacy as this does not require any graphics work or physics programming. It's straight up logic programming. "We're on friendly terms and dirt poor but no....we do not want to trade with you" is atrocious logic. The only time a faction should not want to trade is if they are at war with you.

Much of the relations between you and other factions should be special event based. Like in the new DLC Rome campaign there is a scripted "Sactuary for Carthage Killer" event that affects negatively or positively your relation with Carthage. These should happen almost every turn for various factions and help shape diplomatic relations. It would help make sense of why a faction declares war on you instead of just random declarations of war. That would be much more emersive and make the player feel like they are in control of their own destiny.

I do like that you can send diplomates to other factions. That's a nice touch and a good addition/step in the right direction. Keep up the good updates CA.

• EfixEfix Registered Users Posts: 279

My family LEADER left and formed a new political party, WTF???I don't think this is right.The politics system really need a change, please :( make it reasonable!

Yeah I hate the new political stuff also it makes no sense
  • guineawolfguineawolf Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 212
    Fafner said:

When you give a gift of x money to another state it does not seem to do anything. No bonus in their relation to you.
    Anyone else noticed this?

if it show 500 gold to choose,you need to double it up to 1000 gold so it will increase relationship...i think...try first perhaps???
    THERE IS NO CRIME IN WAR!!! EXCEPT THE WAR ITSELF IS A CRIME!!!!!
    WAR IS SWEET TO THOSE WHO NEVER EXPERIENCE IT!!!ESPECIALLY EXPERIENCING WAR IN """TOTAL WAR""" IS TOTALLY SWEETER!!!
    edited August 2018

OK, I don't know how long this has been in the game (maybe it's been in since launch and I've never noticed), but whoever has been sneaking in cheeky references to HBO's "Rome" deserves a round of applause.

interesting!!! where do you find this!!!??? it is so interesting!!!i do love watch HBO's "Rome" too!!! me oredi watch all 2 season full of them,very good story line!!! i love roman civilization too!!

if there is a chance after the AI(artificial intelligence) tech and bio robot tech being invented then founding the creation of "bio sims world"!! i will personally experiencing the roman world,perhaps doing trade become a wealthy trader/merchant to enjoy "shopping"/auctioning/buying slave girls and enjoy being serve by them!!!
    Post edited by guineawolf on
    WAR IS SWEET TO THOSE WHO NEVER EXPERIENCE IT!!!ESPECIALLY EXPERIENCING WAR IN """TOTAL WAR""" IS TOTALLY SWEETER!!!
  • lilsweetcaligulalilsweetcaligula Registered Users Posts: 285
    I really liked the cheekiness of the building descriptions.
    My personal favorite Total War games chart:
    I. Attila
    II. Rome II
    III. Napoleon
  • IcestrugleIcestrugle Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,214

My family LEADER left and formed a new political party, WTF???I don't think this is right.The politics system really need a change, please :( make it reasonable!

I don't think that is intended, I never had a revolt thought and I love the political system, really easy to not get a revolt if you keep in check. Though the leader leaving it's a bug can't find any logic in that
    edited August 2018

Holy hell, these Etruscan Heavy Hoplites are mental! 109 melee defense, and 105 armour?

if you build "armourer" with iron resources,you will get plus 20% armor,that means you will get "126 armor" etruscan heavy hoplites....

if you like melee defense??i suggest you play suebi germans and recruit "spear wall",they got at least 90 melee defense,after upgrade will reach more than 100 melee defence!!! plus 20% armor upgrade,will get more than 70 armor!!! normally upgrade the "spear wall" will get 30 plus melee attack,27 weapon damage,more than 100 melee defense,more than 70 armor....and cheap upkeep for that....

with my personal experience,my personal advise to you guys,if you love blodiest battles,dun upgrade level 3 weaponsmith that plus 20% melee attack,coz that will "scares" off your enemies even be4 you meet them,i try that by playing suebi germans,i keep upgrading my warriors's melee attack,after that?my german warriors got "insane melee attack skills"(at least 50 plus melee attack!even club levies got 30 plus melee attack!!!(and the melee attack skill is not fully upgrade yet!!))!!!and all enemies "scares off"/routed be4 any fighting engage!!! that means except researching for melee attack/melee defence tech,dun upgrade your troopers's melee attack at all,if not it will be lesser fun for sure....

if you want "prolonged bloodiest battles ever",just keep upgrading your troopers/warriors/legionaries's morale is oredi enough......
    edited August 2018

@guineawolf @lilsweetcaligula

There's also this gem.

are you kidding me??? Titus Pullo become a general?????? is that a joke??? lol ... he is definitely a grunch type hero soldier only,never can imagine Titus Pullo becoming a general,too bad his lovely beloving slave girl wife is dead...poison...right??

i still remember those starting speech!!
    "Pullo! single formation!!"
    "Get back to your formation! you drunken fool!!"
    "that is becoz you can't manage your brain better than your mouth!!"

i do got a copied of full version of those 2 seasons episodes....gonna watch it again ...enjoy watching those roman slave girls.....they are so lovely!! dreaming to doing time travel back to (sim ancient roman world planet,of coz more hygiene and more acceptable food choice,cleaner and better water supply with AI smart roman BIO SIMS robots/cyborg/android of coz...)

oh! he becoming a household.....but i only do seen this 1 be4 in my roman campaign in GC(Grand Campaign) game....
    edited August 2018

I don't think that is intended, I never had a revolt thought and I love the political system, really easy to not get a revolt if you keep in check. Though the leader leaving it's a bug can't find any logic in that
    me personally "accidently"(yes!accidently!!my first civil war and that is insane!!) ignite the civil war as Baktria faction,that really scares me from the start of the civil war !!! how it happen??? well...it start from when i find out the influence of my rival party=greek nobles party get higher influence than me,then i start to begin the assasinations again and again,and divorcing their womens and a lot others actions insanely in effort try to drop them,then without notice,the first "god damn civil war " explode/blow up suddenly!!!half my Baktrian armies get rebel!!!WTF!!!nearly half of my regions open revolt!! my royal baktrian armies get annihilated 1 by 1...yeah great!!!then 1 bloodiest battle=at least 5,000 baktrian royal troops defence from the assault from 8,000 Baktrian nobles rebels end with the defeat of baktrian nobles rebels at magna graecia province,yes! we survive the onslaught with greek's gods blessing!!!after then,can't accept the god damn pressure,saved game,delay until now....

but now my administration skill and politic skill and diplomacy skill and strategies and tactics handling skill got upgraded,i can earn at least 143,000 gold net income per turn as suebi german for the first time now,i will try to continue the Baktrian campaign perhaps...

now i got better food supply management,production output get increase and efficiently...not gonna invest/wasting any food supply on minor settlments's town center's upgrade anymore,it saved a lot food supply for other money earning buildings.....
  • harngersteinharngerstein Registered Users Posts: 822

@guineawolf @lilsweetcaligula

There's also this gem.

are you kidding me??? Titus Pullo become a general?????? is that a joke??? lol ... he is definitely a grunch type hero soldier only,never can imagine Titus Pullo becoming a general,too bad his lovely beloving slave girl wife is dead...poison...right??

i still remember those starting speech!!
    "Pullo! single formation!!"
    "Get back to your formation! you drunken fool!!"
    "that is becoz you can't manage your brain better than your mouth!!"

i do got a copied of full version of those 2 seasons episodes....gonna watch it again ...enjoy watching those roman slave girls.....they are so lovely!! dreaming to doing time travel back to (sim ancient roman world planet,of coz more hygiene and more acceptable food choice,cleaner and better water supply with AI smart roman BIO SIMS robots/cyborg/android of coz...)

oh! he becoming a household.....but i only do seen this 1 be4 in my roman campaign in GC(Grand Campaign) game....
    Hes a retainer to the general, not the general himself
  • Flame_bearerFlame_bearer Registered Users Posts: 3
    Marcus Furius did the same, he just dropped off and made his own faction.
  • CA_dionisievCA_dionisiev Registered Users, CA Staff Posts: 178
    Hi all :)

The hotfix is out now, please update Rome II to get it :)
    Ship disembarkment should work far better than before, Marcus Furius will not separate from your party anymore and some of the more mental units should be balanced out as well :)

Thanks!

Cheers,
    Ivan Dionisiev
    CA Sofia QA team
    Cheers,
    Ivan Dionisiev
    CA Sofia QA Team

FORMAL DISCLAIMER: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • VilmurinVilmurin Senior Member RomaniaRegistered Users Posts: 1,038

Hi all :)

The hotfix is out now, please update Rome II to get it :)
    Ship disembarkment should work far better than before, Marcus Furius will not separate from your party anymore and some of the more mental units should be balanced out as well :)

Thanks!

Cheers,
    Ivan Dionisiev
    CA Sofia QA team

You guys did a great job, however there still are some bugs that can be ironed out. Will this happen in the future, or is Rome 2 at it's last update?

Thank you :)
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 19,843
    Necro thread, closed.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
This discussion has been closed.