Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Disable debug camera in TWW3

OrkLadsOrkLads Registered Users Posts: 1,875
edited November 2018 in Balancing Discussions
Debug camera gives an unfair advantage to people who spend the time/have the know how to set it up. I think that the option to use the debug camera in online play should be removed from TWW3 to level the playing field for all players.

Comments

• IndyprideIndypride Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,692
    they're not going to do this, and they dont need to do this. If you want to play with Debug camera, enable it, it literally takes 10 seconds. If anything, CA should make it a part of the camera options in client
  • ParmigianoParmigiano Registered Users Posts: 750
    An in game option would be what people would want instead of removing it
  • Lotus_MoonLotus_Moon Registered Users Posts: 9,940
    OrkLads said:

Debug camera gives an unfair advantage to people who spend the time/have the know how to set it up. I think that the option to use the debug camera in online play should be removed from TWW3 to level the playing field for all players.

Or make it the standard option.

It takes 10 seconds to set up.

Current camera has way to many issues, on some maps you cannot even see your troops due to terrain yet alone your opponents.

A very selfish and silly suggestion.
  • OrkLadsOrkLads Registered Users Posts: 1,875
    Indypride said:

they're not going to do this, and they dont need to do this. If you want to play with Debug camera, enable it, it literally takes 10 seconds. If anything, CA should make it a part of the camera options in client

An in game option would be what people would want instead of removing it

Yea, this is a better option.
  • ElectorOfWurttembergElectorOfWurttemberg Registered Users Posts: 1,937
    Very few people who use it will actually say "yes let's do this." They have became dependent on such a mechanic sooo.

That said, I'll agree with you.

It should be treated as a mod or incorporated fully into the game.

Faith, Steel and Gunpowder Bows
  • MarkroxMarkrox Registered Users Posts: 207
    edited November 2018
    It depends how CA view their game. If they envision warhammer as even slightly competitive, they need to make a decision and have debug as the core experience or disabled. Editing files to gain a competitive advantage in a pvp game... it just wouldn't happen.

I personally don't see warhammer as very competitive and I doubt CA do either. Debug is there for people to take cinematic screenshots and get better shots for videos. It's just a coincidence players with poor map awareness find it useful in MP.
  • Disposable HeroDisposable Hero Registered Users Posts: 5,586
    Make it a gfx setting, how far you can zoom out so that people with too bad computers can still play the game.
  • Lotus_MoonLotus_Moon Registered Users Posts: 9,940
    Markrox said:

It depends how CA view their game. If they envision warhammer as even slightly competitive, they need to make a decision and have debug as the core experience or disabled. Editing files to gain a competitive advantage in a pvp game... it just wouldn't happen.

I personally don't see warhammer as very competitive and I doubt CA do either. Debug is there for people to take cinematic screenshots and get better shots for videos. It's just a coincidence players with poor map awareness find it useful in MP.

Its more to do with trees being silly and blocking camera vision thus making it impossible to see your own units in many cases yet alone the opponents.
  • DracoknightDracoknight Registered Users Posts: 281
    The original untampered camera was livable in WH1, but for some reason in WH2 they have decided they were to proud of their trees and foliage that they would force you to see them unless you zoomed in until you saw the whites in the eyes of your own soldiers. And worse yet it blocks the unit icon aswell making some of the jungle and swamp maps unplayable regardless if you use the debug or not.

Still i think the debug camera should be an option, the default camera barely give you any option and seem to fight you at every opportunity to get a oversight over what the hell is happening
  • SarmatiannsSarmatianns Registered Users Posts: 4,349
    Ability to zoom out a little more and turn off foliage would pretty much make debug camera redundant.
  • zer0izer0i Registered Users Posts: 337
    Increasing the max camera speed would be nice too.