Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Steam Reviews, Paywalls, and the Effect on DLC Production

124»

Comments

• GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Posts: 2,742Registered Users
    If you don't like steam reviews then don't listen to steam reviews.

Trying to moderate reviews however, is the single most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of.
    Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game
  • Xenos7Xenos7 Posts: 4,489Registered Users
    edited November 2018

Trying to moderate reviews however, is the single most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of.

They do it on Tripadvisor. And with good reason. If I owned a restaurant I wouldn't want my competitor down the road to leave a review about how my soufflé gave him dysentery. Reviews should be moderated if they are spreading lies which can cause a real damage.
    Xenos7 said:

They do it on Tripadvisor. And with good reason. If I owned a restaurant I wouldn't want my competitor down the road to leave a review about how my soufflé gave him dysentery. Reviews should be moderated if they are spreading lies which can cause a real damage.
    The problem is that no one would trust the reviews. It's not a real review if I cant say my actual opinion on something.

Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Let the Games Begin!
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 18,161Registered Users

I buy 50000 good reviews from a clickfarm in Indonesia. Or 100000 bad reviews from the same place for my business rival. They aren't even all that expensive. If reviews aren't moderated to sort these sort of shenanigans out then they become worthless.

Xenos7 said:

Plus to me, that is not the same as moderating game reviews.

Let the Games Begin!
  • psychoakpsychoak Posts: 2,056Registered Users
    Tayvar wins the internet with a perfect comedic post. The thread is largely useless otherwise.

The amount of DLC expense does concern me, because I see the inevitable, if unfair, result.

There is an actual pay wall, a wall upon which sales die. People look at the total cost of DLC, and go OMFG! They then pass on purchasing things that are actually worthwhile, in favor of the DLC free piece of **** for a game that has a fraction of the content per dollar.

CK2, as craptastic as it's state often is after far too many DLC crapping all over it's engine and gameplay, probably deserves more sales than it gets, because of all the people who would be customers being terrified of a price in the hundreds. Thinking "I don't need all this to have a worthwhile purchase" isn't something everyone is capable of. It might be a point society as a whole can reach, but it's a way of thinking that has to be learned.

That Warhammer is a trilogy is probably making them millions over what it would as a single entry with a few hundred in DLC. It will be cheaper too, because there's no way in hell we could get four factions for 60 bucks as DLC.
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 12,592Registered Users, Moderators
    This is basically a business discussion so I'm going to move it to Total War General Chat.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • DSDSDSDDSDSDSD Posts: 56Registered Users
    Canuovea said:

This is basically a business discussion so I'm going to move it to Total War General Chat.

Rip Thread

• DebaucheeDebauchee Junior Member Posts: 1,387Registered Users

They want Paradox games but why not look at the game Paradox Games produces VS Total War.(pics below)

Crusader kings is just a map with boxes going back and forth, the units are just stats with no models. It’s all just an algorithm. No problem if you enjoy that game, I have a lot of friends that do, but do not compare the two games when talking about cost.

Why don't you do your research, before making a statement?
    Firstly, the map below is from Europa Universalis IV.
    Secondly, both Crusader Kings II and Europa Universalis IV have unit models. The latter has tons of of them due to the scope of the game.
  • HichigoCzHichigoCz Posts: 5Registered Users
    Hello i need help. When i try to Log in on Total war acces nothing happens. I write my email my password and when i click sing in then nothing happens. Dou you know how to repair it? And when i try to register with the same email it writes email already exists.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 3,125Registered Users
    Debauchee said:

They want Paradox games but why not look at the game Paradox Games produces VS Total War.(pics below)

Crusader kings is just a map with boxes going back and forth, the units are just stats with no models. It’s all just an algorithm. No problem if you enjoy that game, I have a lot of friends that do, but do not compare the two games when talking about cost.

Why don't you do your research, before making a statement?
    Firstly, the map below is from Europa Universalis IV.
    Secondly, both Crusader Kings II and Europa Universalis IV have unit models. The latter has tons of of them due to the scope of the game.
    tbf you have to pay for a lot of the unit models and the OP said they are totally different games which they are.