Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

New Changes to Agents & Generals

CA_EllaCA_Ella Posts: 329Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team

Rise of the Republic brought in some subtle but effective changes to how agents and generals work in Total War: ROME II.

Check out this Total War Academy video to learn more:

For a full list of the changes introduced in the Ancestral Update, head over to the Total War blog: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-rome-ii-ancestral-update

Comments

• johanrosenjohanrosen Senior Member Posts: 232Registered Users
    Any news on the next update? There are still issues with for example disembark.

Cheers
    Gustavus Adolphus
    Libera et impera
    Acerbus et ingens
    Augusta per augusta
  • lilsweetcaligulalilsweetcaligula Posts: 284Registered Users

Cheers

I can second that. I'm personally not playing any campaigns right now, - earnestly waiting for the fixes to the AI.
    My personal favorite Total War games chart:
    I. Attila
    II. Rome II
    III. Napoleon
  • YardreamerYardreamer Junior Member Posts: 15Registered Users
    edited August 2018
    Please update when your 100% ready, 20-year total war vet since Shogun and this Rise Of Rome is truly a disappointing mess...
  • lilsweetcaligulalilsweetcaligula Posts: 284Registered Users

Please update when your 100% ready, 20-year total war vet since Shogun and this Rise Of Rome is truly a disappointing mess...

Interesting. I, on the other hand, actually found this DLC to be one of the best for Rome II. The bugs for the most part are actually not DLC-related, but rather related to the Ancestral patch.
    My personal favorite Total War games chart:
    I. Attila
    II. Rome II
    III. Napoleon
  • YardreamerYardreamer Junior Member Posts: 15Registered Users
    edited August 2018

Interesting. I, on the other hand, actually found this DLC to be one of the best for Rome II. The bugs for the most part are actually not DLC-related, but rather related to the Ancestral patch.
    I agree with this somewhat and the DLC was most anticipated and up until 379 BC Roman faction play is fantastic. But after that point and it does not matter what expansion direction or faction interaction all actions become extremely unbalanced, especially the economy, plebian behavior and above all agent interactions (opponent level 1 spies critting at every turn where my high-level agents always fail) and always at around 379 BC. As well as from other Family actions, my cities go from an average of 100,10 green to 100,-15 in a couple of turns with no major faction events, again regardless of city development or taxation.

A city siege battle is even more unbalanced at times, Opposing plebian militia routing seasoned legions.

I have been with Total War since Shogun was launched It almost feels lately to create a hard playing environment the scriptwriters have simply written in unbalances...

• GreenKing1GreenKing1 Senior Member Posts: 637Registered Users

Cheers

Yes, we need a fix!!
  • CA_dionisievCA_dionisiev Posts: 167Registered Users, CA Staff
    Hi all :)

The hotfix is out there now, so expect the AI to disembark his ships once you update the game :) Same goes for the player's ships - the situation when you couldn't disembark your own ships should not happen any longer.

Thanks!

Cheers,
    Ivan Dionisiev
    CA Sofia QA team
    Cheers,
    Ivan Dionisiev
    CA Sofia QA Team

FORMAL DISCLAIMER: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • EllEzDeeEllEzDee Senior Member Posts: 864Registered Users
    edited December 2018
    Really glad to see R2TW receiving support so long after release (even if i'm a bit late to this thread/update). But as a recent newcomer, there's a glaring issue with this system.
    There's no way to see where a skill chain leads. For example, a general can pick the first Zeal skill, Warrior, for +1 Zeal and +1 Gravitas. But there's no way to see what rank 2 or 3 does (it increases melee skill for troops under the commander, or something like that). From playing Shogun 2, I assumed it'd be the same boring old "+2 at level 2, +3 at level 3", but there's some nice hidden extras in there. The problem is, they can't be seen until you've already chosen a skill.

I disliked Shogun 2's system, and really hated the the encyclopaedia for being so convoluted in trying to get to relevant information...but it at least let you explore skill trees. Would be nice to have that in Rome 2.

Which is another issue: unless your general/agent is due for a level up, you can't actually see their skill tree.

Really like this system. Would just like a little more clarity. A lot of what i've seen of the game so far has been quite opaque. The new political system, for example, adds some nice depth to the game -- but it's so poorly explained. Even something as simple as a building tree is missing from the game. But i'm getting carried away with myself here...
    Good system. Let me see skill trees please.
    [portable-ID]lsd[/portable-ID]
    Feel free to check out my Steam guide on naval combat in E:TW